NFL NUGGETS : Eagles tease Cowboys with postseason opportunity

Smith22

Reaction score
mickgreen58 said:
Yep.

Not sure why they went with another QB, I cant remember the game all that much.

It was Reid's right to run his team the way he saw fit.

Besides, does Reid really hate the Cowboys more than the Skins anyway?

You all do know if the Eagles would have won that game and we beat the Rams then the Skins would have been out of the playoffs?

They played with more heart then we did.

Barely hit for 50% (which is an improvement for him), had 1 pickle and 1 fumble if I recall correctly, plus he overthrew WIDE OPEN wr's at minimum 4 times during the game.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Reid knows what he has in Detmer. He has seen him a few times this season. That is why McMahnon started. Duh!!

McMahon, while irratic had consistently moved the Eagles all day long.

McMahons fumble was reminiscent of Vinny's/Richie fumble last year as his lineman pulled too early and knocked the ball out of his hands.

Anyone who watched that game knew the minute that McMahon went out that the Eagles chances of winning decreased greatly.

Did he throw the game, I will never know, but that move was very, very strange.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Smith22 said:
Barely hit for 50% (which is an improvement for him), had 1 pickle and 1 fumble if I recall correctly, plus he overthrew WIDE OPEN wr's at minimum 4 times during the game.

Yep, I remember him struggling to hit guys, but he made a couple of nice throws as well.

I doubt Reid threw this game at all, he probably just felt Detmer could provided another spark in the team.

I just had a feeling it was only a matter of time before the Commanders' defense made a play to put the nail in the coffin and whadaya no, they did.

- Mike G.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
silver said:
detmer had no business in that game, or in the league for that matter. his passes didn't travel longer than 10 yards and you could've timed them with a sun dial. pathetic. why was he in there. as an eagle fan you can't believe he gave you the best chance to win.

I know logic when I hear it ...sure you're right about Detmer Not giving the Eagles the best chance of winning; but the same thing can be said about McMahon. The point here is that if I were trying to get the point that Andy Reid wanted the Eagles to lose (or the Commanders to win ..whichever came first), I would Build a case that the entire Eagles line-up was madeup of second and third string players with rookies as backups.

Neither QB lost the game against the Skins ...the Skins won the game because they played their first string players and were the better team.