NFL officials to focus on more illegal contact fouls

Flamma

Reaction score
yeah but we all keep watching lol, and they know we will.
they move the area of focus around to different things lol, but they will continue to have that.
it helps them manipulate games.

Do you think the owners actually came up with this and thought refs should focus more on Illegal contact?
no this is from the committee who decides on how best to manipulate games this season.\
I think for helping vegas make the most money, on over under, beat or not beat spreads etc.
Then nfl gets a % of that.

It reminds me of a quote I heard someone say awhile back.

"I'm not saying they're manipulating games, but if they were, what would they do that's different?"

As it is some of these penalties are so subjective that they can be called at any time.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
It reminds me of a quote I heard someone say awhile back.

"I'm not saying they're manipulating games, but if they were, what would they do that's different?"

As it is some of these penalties are so subjective that they can be called at any time
yes and they cover it up by announcing the new focus on ____________ whatever. or rule changes.
And it isnt really about who wins or loses, it is more complicated than that. They are shooting for certain results, not who wins or loses.
For example, want to keep the score under a certain amount of points, call a lot of penalty's to prevent td's make them take fg's
take team out of fg range. etc
if they want high score only a few penaltys called and not at key times.

Flamma

Reaction score
yes and they cover it up by announcing the new focus on ____________ whatever. or rule changes.
And it isnt really about who wins or loses, it is more complicated than that. They are shooting for certain results, not who wins or loses.
For example, want to keep the score under a certain amount of points, call a lot of penalty's to prevent td's make them take fg's
take team out of fg range. etc
if they want high score only a few penaltys called and not at key times.

This is why I don't dismiss this as a conspiracy theory. The conditions are ripe. Think about it, what fans want to see more penalties? What is the intention behind focusing on more illegal contact penalties? If they truly wanted to make the game better they would try to promote less flags. Only call obvious fouls.

Remember the replacement refs? They pretty much let a lot go and only called the obvious fouls. People loved it. They didn't care if players got away with crap. Better to let players get away with fouls than to penalize players falsely. These refs are horrible today.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
This is why I don't dismiss this as a conspiracy theory. The conditions are ripe. Think about it, what fans want to see more penalties? What is the intention behind focusing on more illegal contact penalties? If they truly wanted to make the game better they would try to promote less flags. Only call obvious fouls.

Remember the replacement refs? They pretty much let a lot go and only called the obvious fouls. People loved it. They didn't care if players got away with crap. Better to let players get away with fouls than to penalize players falsely. These refs are horrible today.
yes it would make the game better with
less penaltys, as long as they call obvious ones like in that NO playoff game.
These refs are horrible today........maybe they are just doing what they are supposed to do, and dont forget for awhile now NY office is in their ears,
and gets in on reviews, and sometimes make that final decision.