NFL Players that Play Better once Traded/Go to Other Teams

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
Is it just me? Or, has anyone else noticed that there's something to players who play mediocre on one team, but once traded/or sign with another team, become starters!

Help me with this one, I think there's a dynamic at work here and I'd Like to get other thoughts on the subject.

I found a lot of my research (you may know something about another team), by looking at the Washington Commanders.

Several QBs left the Commanders and became starters. RB Allen, now plays for the Panthers is one such example. Jeremiah Trotter, now plays for the Philadelphia Eagles was cut by the Skins; he's Now a pro-bowler; soon to play in the Super Bowl.

Those are some starters, can you think of other?
0131_thumb.jpg

joseephuss

Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
Is it just me? Or, has anyone else noticed that there's something to players who play mediocre on one team, but once traded/or sign with another team, become starters!

Help me with this one, I think there's a dynamic at work here and I'd Like to get other thoughts on the subject.

I found a lot of my research (you may know something about another team), by looking at the Washington Commanders.

Several QBs left the Commanders and became starters. RB Allen, now plays for the Panthers is one such example. Jeremiah Trotter, now plays for the Philadelphia Eagles was cut by the Skins; he's Now a pro-bowler; soon to play in the Super Bowl.

Those are some starters, can you think of other?
0131_thumb.jpg

Trotter played well in Philly before he went to the Commanders. In Washington, he was really hampered with injuries and a poor defensive line. He is now back in Philly, healthy and better line play in front of him. I like him. Good player. Dallas didn't go after him in the off season because they felt content with Dat, but I would prefer Trotter.

Some guys just fit other systems or coaches better. Sometimes they go somewhere else and play better, sometimes they play worse.

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
joseephuss said:
Trotter played well in Philly before he went to the Commanders. In Washington, he was really hampered with injuries and a poor defensive line. He is now back in Philly, healthy and better line play in front of him. I like him. Good player. Dallas didn't go after him in the off season because they felt content with Dat, but I would prefer Trotter.

Some guys just fit other systems or coaches better. Sometimes they go somewhere else and play better, sometimes they play worse.
That's true.

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Jimmy Smith
Preston Pearson
Jake Delhomme
Cris Carter
Priest Holmes