9/28 4:05 ET San Diego -7 At Oakland
9/28 4:15 ET At Dallas -11.5 Washington
9/28 8:15 ET Philadelphia -3 At Chicago

Monday Night Football Point Spread
9/29 8:35 ET At Pittsburgh -7.5 Baltimore

Gryphon

Merge Ahead
Reaction score
Let's see if the Cowboys have grown up to beat a team by this much when they are suppose to.

JBS

Reaction score
11.5 is sick...which means vegas knows it will not be close. Anytime I see a line too big or even too small for that matter (in this case too big) I lean towards thinking vegas will more likely be right. IE, initial reaction tells most people 11.5 is too big so play the Commanders. However, vegas is in business because traditional thinking is not winning thinking. Give the points and take Dallas. Cowboys 31 Skins 17

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
glorydaysrback;2279769 said:
11.5 is sick...which means vegas knows it will not be close. Anytime I see a line too big or even too small for that matter (in this case too big) I lean towards thinking vegas will more likely be right. IE, initial reaction tells most people 11.5 is too big so play the Commanders. However, vegas is in business because traditional thinking is not winning thinking. Give the points and take Dallas. Cowboys 31 Skins 17

Giants were 13.5 this week, Patriots 12 at one point. Just goes to show even a educated guess is still only a guess.

JBS

Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2279774 said:
Giants were 13.5 this week, Patriots 12 at one point. Just goes to show even a educated guess is still only a guess.

Well home, in my opinion and this might just be my opinion, but I would hope others would agree - the giants easily deserved to be favorites by 13.5 vs the bengals and the patriots line did not appear too far off...now what actually happened come game time was a diff story obviously but thats another topic...when most people looked at those lines when they initially came out they didn't scream out WOW thats WAY too big for this game. I would imagine most people thought the lines were accurate.

While in the dallas vs Commanders game, I am imagining that most people are indeed saying WOW this line is WAY too big. That is the KEY difference between these 3 games. Just because a line is BIG doesn't mean to take the fav or to take the dog. But my opinion is when you see a line that just does not seem right, lean away from conventional wisdom.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
Holy Moses. They need an 11.5 point spread to entice people to bet on the Commanders?

AdamJT13

Salary Cap Analyst
Reaction score
HomeOfLegends;2279774 said:
Giants were 13.5 this week, Patriots 12 at one point.

They were both facing winless teams. The Commanders are 2-1.

Nightman

Capologist
Reaction score
Hostile;2279792 said:
Holy Moses. They need an 11.5 point spread to entice people to bet on the Commanders?

Exactly. Vegas doesn't set the line according to what they think the score will be. They set it so half the bettors choose Dallas, half choose Washington and they take the 10% vig. Dallas has a lot of fans so the line is always higher.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
bkight13;2279823 said:
Exactly. Vegas doesn't set the line according to what they think the score will be. They set it so half the bettors choose Dallas, half choose Washington and they take the 10% vig. Dallas has a lot of fans so the line is always higher.
A man who knows what he is talking about.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Interesting, I thought I heard on the radio that it was 10 for us.

The Cowboys will probably be favored in every game here on out. The only game where that may not be the case would be the games against the Giants.

sago1

Reaction score
If the Giants have to go into overtime to beat teams like the Bengals, we could go into NY as favorites but I highly doubt it. After all the Giants are the defending SB champs.

TwentyOne

Reaction score
Oops 11.5 at home. I guess we gonna destroy someones confidence..... team.... franchise... whatever

:laugh2:

Aikbach

Reaction score
I agree, no way dallas cover 11.5 points, put me down for Dallas by 22.

SDogo

Reaction score
AdamJT13;2279806 said:
They were both facing winless teams. The Commanders are 2-1.

Still think any double digit spread is to much in the NFL. Took both the Dolphins and Bengals based on the spread. According to Sportbook since 1995 71% of teams spotted as the underdog with a spread higher then 12pts has covered.

In sports betting that's a pretty decent percentage.

SDogo

Reaction score
As far as the Cowboys are concerned, I made it a law a long time ago that I WILL NOT bet for or against the Cowboys. Just bad Karma.