NFL releases statement on CBA

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
Mortensen is on SportsCenter now. They just read a statement released by League offices that they will have a owner's meeting on Thursday that will NOT include revenue sharing discussion. It said they would explain to teams how the NFLPA is overreaching (didn't elaborate, not quite sure what that means) and that no more talks are scheduled and the new league year will begin as scheduled on the 3rd of March.

neosapien23

Reaction score
BigDFan5 said:
Mortensen is on SportsCenter now. They just read a statement released by League offices that they will have a owner's meeting on Thursday that will NOT include revenue sharing discussion. It said they would explain to teams how the NFLPA is overreaching (didn't elaborate, not quite sure what that means) and that no more talks are scheduled and the new league year will begin as scheduled on the 3rd of March.

I heard that Upshaw was trying to connect Revenue Sharing with the new CBA agreement. If owners couldn't agree on a revenue share, the CBA would not get done. If true than Upshaw is not doing is job and is trying to suck up to Taiglabue.

BigDFan5

Cowboys Make me Drink
Reaction score
neosapien23 said:
I heard that Upshaw was trying to connect Revenue Sharing with the new CBA agreement. If owners couldn't agree on a revenue share, the CBA would not get done. If true than Upshaw is not doing is job and is trying to suck up to Taiglabue.

Hence the "overreaching" I believe

nathanlt

Reaction score
aznhalf said:
So which Commander players do you want to sign in Free
Agency?

Have we ever signed a Commander to our team? I sure can't think of one. I know they took Brandon Noble away from us, he was decent, not great, but I don't think Dallas accepts Commanders.

nathanlt

Reaction score
felix360 said:
here we go again

sorry, I didn't know if we had...

Hey, here's a funny excerpt from the ESPN website...

Unless there's some kind of miracle on Wednesday, our team is going to have to do some drastic things, and I know we're not the only team in that situation."

How drastic? There continue to be rumors the Washington Commanders, who extended numerous contracts in the past to deal with previous cap crunches, could have to play with 20 rookies on the roster in 2006.

felix360

Reaction score
nathanlt said:
sorry, I didn't know if we had...

Hey, here's a funny excerpt from the ESPN website...

Unless there's some kind of miracle on Wednesday, our team is going to have to do some drastic things, and I know we're not the only team in that situation."

How drastic? There continue to be rumors the Washington Commanders, who extended numerous contracts in the past to deal with previous cap crunches, could have to play with 20 rookies on the roster in 2006.

my bad i quoted the wrong post sorry bout that i erased it

jcollins28

Reaction score
aznhalf said:
So which Commander players do you want to sign in Free Agency?

None they are Commanders and are tainted. If they were good enough to be Cowboys then they would not be Commanders in the first place.

felix360

Reaction score
:bang2: :banghead:
STSINAZ said:
so does this mean that on the 3rd of march we can sign players?
yes thats what it means, i say TO gets signed late that evening or early sat. :bang2:

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
felix360 said:
:bang2: :banghead: yes thats what it means, i say TO gets signed late that evening or early sat. :bang2:

Man, the contracts already drawn up and has been discussed. The only waiting time that will be involved is waiting for the ink to dry. Bring it on T.O. Take us to the bowl.