NFL rigging the game for KC this weekend in plain sight

Coogiguy03

Reaction score
I am so tired of this nonsense.

Newsflash. The Cowboys are the most popular team in sports. If the NFL was rigged it would never allow their ratings draw to go 30 years without a title.

Stop. It's just weak.
Would they allow us not to win and be relevant for the last 28 years?? While still making them all this money?

BrassCowboy

Reaction score
The refs have been undeniably bad this year, I get it, but this whole "the NFL is rigged" has been WAAAAAYYYY over-played. Now the because a Bills kicker missed a FG - oh NFL is rigged cuz the bills didn't win. Oh yeah, and who hasn't seen the whole " watch the 49ers and Ravens will be in superbowl so it has to be rigged"? I mean really? would anyone be really going out on a limb to predict the top two teams in the league would make the superbowl??? Just annoying....

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Due to relativity There always has to be a ref who’s #1 in road team wins, or #1 in DPI thrown, or #1 in home team reviews overturned.

What should be the reaction? Should we never give this person road games to call? Then someone else becomes #1 in road team wins, and then we dump that guy until you’ve gotten rid of all the refs.

What were the games he called? If he had a few more games with home team underdogs than other refs, then this stat lines up. Context always ALWAYS helps commentary; avoiding context to extrapolate a narrative is called spin.

Mannix

Reaction score

Newsflash. The Cowboys are the most popular team in sports. If the NFL was rigged it would never allow their ratings draw to go 30 years without a title.

Stop. It's just weak.
Disagree....they love that Cowboy haters tune in just to watch them lose....they would EASILY trade them tuning in during the entire regular season and 1 or 2 playoff games versus a title....people are gonna watch the NFCCG and Super Bowl in boffo numbers regardless of who is playing. It's the same way people used to tune into Yankees and Notre Dame games....too cheer against them, and possibly see them lose.

Staubacher

Reaction score

Stop. It's just weak.
At this point I'd gladly take a rigged 'ship

nobody

Reaction score
If they truly rigged it, they would make sure the teams struggling more financially that haven't won a championship ever would win one to boost that team and create feel good stories.

cowboys5xsbs

Reaction score
Due to relativity There always has to be a ref who’s #1 in road team wins, or #1 in DPI thrown, or #1 in home team reviews overturned.

What should be the reaction? Should we never give this person road games to call? Then someone else becomes #1 in road team wins, and then we dump that guy until you’ve gotten rid of all the refs.

What were the games he called? If he had a few more games with home team underdogs than other refs, then this stat lines up. Context always ALWAYS helps commentary; avoiding context to extrapolate a narrative is called spin.
Sorry open the tweet there or 5 or 6 subtweets with more info. I didn't want to post all of them.

Vtwin

Safety third
Reaction score
The Cowboys already bring in the money.
The Chiefs do too.
49's probably do pretty well.

There's more meat on the bone for the NFL to prop the Lions up than anyone else left. Ravens as well.

The SB ratings just go up every year anyways, so the money is in the merch.

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
In 13 of the 18 games he reffed the home team missed the playoffs. They must have gotten rigged a lot, or they just sucked.

sunalsorises

Reaction score

Stop. It's just weak.
At very least the NFL would have Zack Martin date Taylor Swift.

(I realize Zack Martin is married but Taylor really just has to go to the games)

Aerolithe_Lion

Reaction score
Sorry open the tweet there or 5 or 6 subtweets with more info. I didn't want to post all of them.
Subtweets from Sharp? For those unaware, Sharp is a fake name used by a gambling site. This is not an NFL insider. More info:

“Reminder that Warren Sharp is a fake alias that he chose to create a gambling persona with a catchy name. To grow this business, he has built a platform on twitter that is solely focused on maximizing engagement no matter how substantial his findings actually are. Anything that generates clicks, is getting posted.

He also manipulates his gambling winning-% by adjusting his picks within minutes of key deadlines so his paying subscribers rarely have the opportunity to actually take advantage of these bets.

His real name is Tyler Brickner.”

These are the games Smith reffed last year:

IMG-1181.jpg

Most of the time, the team you’d expect to win… won. He simply got an inordinate amount of home ‘dogs.

With Sean Smith reffing Chiefs games, Patrick Mahomes is 5-2. That is a 71% winning percentage. In that timeframe, Patrick Mahomes is 74-22. That is a 77% winning percentage. Sean Smith actually refs against the chiefs more often than the average of other refs. But this tweet is trying to twist it to appear the opposite to make you bet for the Chiefs. Then the line goes up, Sharp bets for the Ravens, and makes extra money due to the people he convinced.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Buffalo beating KC would have been a much better story for the NFL than the same old story every year.

Reverend Conehead

Reaction score

Stop. It's just weak.
Exactly. What's going on is sometimes refs make errors, and sometimes the refs are right, but some biased fans just think they're wrong.

Silverz1972

Reaction score

Stop. It's just weak.
There are equal number of cowboys haters so to keep them winless actually helps their ratings.

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
There are equal number of cowboys haters so to keep them winless actually helps their ratings.
Yeah no that's not how it works. Whether you love or hate them you tune in to watch them. Making your biggest draw a no show for every deep playoff run every year for decades would be completely idiotic for a fixed league.

The league isn't fixed. The fans are idiots.