NFL Rumors & Notes by Ben Maller 04/04/06...

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
trickblue said:
I think this is what he is referring to...

Stephen A:
  • In the Hugh Douglass tussle, TO stood up and looked right into McNabb's eyes and said anyone who wants a piece of me come and get it. Not one wanted to challenge him. He effectively punked his whole team. The problem with the Eagles is that no one stepped forward to be a team leader. THey are a bunch of soft choirboys and they lack toughness. Reid was very dissappointed in his team because no one in uniform stepped up to challenge TO. A retired ambassador of the team was the only one with any guts. This won't happen in Dallas.
Thanks TB. I thought he was referring to that incident. I don't know ...I just don't believe that the Eagles Lockerroom was "punked!" I'd like to believe that not one Eagles player (other than Mr. Owens), wanted to get involved in
something that they couldn't finish. That situation had the potential of going very bad for Mr. Owens from several players present.

Mr. Owens is tough; he's got cojones, but he can't be foolish enough to believe that no one on the team had the gumption enough to accept his offer. These are warriors who deal with violence through the NFL season, they get battered, and they implement punishment to others ...yet they were
"punked!?"

I'd much rather accept the explanation that the "cool heads" prevailed for these Eagle players involved. Hot-headedness may just be the ruin of the Eldorado Kid!:rolleyes:

trickblue

Not Old School...Old Testament...
Reaction score
Phoenix-Talon said:
Thanks TB. I thought he was referring to that incident. I don't know ...I just don't believe that the Eagles Lockerroom was "punked!" I'd like to believe that not one Eagles player (other than Mr. Owens), wanted to get involved in
something that they couldn't finish. That situation had the potential of going very bad for Mr. Owens from several players present.

Mr. Owens is tough; he's got cojones, but he can't be foolish enough to believe that no one on the team had the gumption enough to accept his offer. These are warriors who deal with violence through the NFL season, they get battered, and they implement punishment to others ...yet they were
"punked!?"

I'd much rather accept the explanation that the "cool heads" prevailed for these Eagle players involved. Hot-headedness may just be the ruin of the Eldorado Kid!:rolleyes:

Well, consider the source... Stven A. is almost always over the top. And at moments when situations come to a head, we can do foolish things. I don't doubt for a minute that TO was ready to take all comers. Word is that he had a lot of support on the team and those in there probably had no beef with him. I'm sure he felt like it was him against the world in that situation and that the Eagles had sent Douglas to strong arm him.

I'm not saying anyone was right or wrong, but that is how I envision what happened...

Phoenix-Talon

Eagles Fan Liaison
Reaction score
trickblue said:
Phoenix-Talon said:
Well, consider the source... Stven A. is almost always over the top. And at moments when situations come to a head, we can do foolish things. I don't doubt for a minute that TO was ready to take all comers. Word is that he had a lot of support on the team and those in there probably had no beef with him. I'm sure he felt like it was him against the world in that situation and that the Eagles had sent Douglas to strong arm him.

I'm not saying anyone was right or wrong, but that is how I envision what happened...

That sounds right TB.:)