NFL Rumors & Notes by Ben Maller 05/15/06...

The Answer

Benched
Reaction score
"As the Eagles went through another mundane day at their post-draft passing camp, Timmy Chang tried to forge his way into their 2006 plans from across the ocean. Chang apparently has shown enough this spring in NFL Europe. He will get an opportunity at training camp this summer to become the Eagles' No. 3 quarterback behind Donovan McNabb and Jeff Garcia. "We like him," Eagles general manager Tom Heckert said. ... If Chang does beat the odds and make the roster this summer, it would likely be at the expense of Koy Detmer, who has been with the Eagles since 1997."

The Answer wonders what the Eagles think of Henson then considering his play was better than Chang's.

But even though Chang has 'shown enough' he's still not guaranteed to make the Eagles final roster. Just goes to show that the NFLE means nothing to most pro scouting departments. It will forever remain an outcast league for 3rd string misfits and other aspiring practice squad type of players.

~The Answer

Chief

"Friggin Joke Monkey"
Reaction score
The Answer said:
It will forever remain an outcast league for 3rd string misfits and other aspiring practice squad type of players.

~The Answer

Misfits like Jake Delhomme and LaRoi Glover.

There have been a few who have climbed out of NFLE and made something of themselves, Jimmy.

Seven

Messenger to the football Gods
Reaction score
Boy, I sure am intrigued with miami being so intrigued with Vick. But what is really intriguing is the intrigue with Maddox. I've never been so intrigued by such intrigueness as the intrigue of these guys being intriguing to Nick Saban.

Lots of Intrigue goin' on over in Miami. Isn't that Ricky's problem?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
trickblue said:
A year ago this week, the Eagles released wide receiver Freddie Mitchell, and the former first-round pick is still waiting to get back in the league. "I don't want to say I'm being blackballed, and I know it's not Andy Reid," Mitchell said, excusing his former head coach. "But somebody is blackballing me. There has to be something going on we don't know about."
Somebody please hand Mr. Mitchell a mirror. Then it should be obvious to him who is to blame.

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
cwbyfan72 said:
Give some of my money back? Kidding me right? What the hell does George Bush owe a linebacker for the Steelers? Millionaires.........sheesh.
Hehe yeah, someone ought to tell Porter that the country is already 70 trillian in debt - not sure there is any more blood to draw from this stone. :mad:

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
You know, the Eagles are getting A LOT of offseason media attention.

I don't remember the Cowboys getting this much coverage when WE finished LAST in the division.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
MikeCowboy3189 said:
You know, the Eagles are getting A LOT of offseason media attention.

I don't remember the Cowboys getting this much coverage when WE finished LAST in the division.
Go back to January 2003 when Jerry hired Bill Parcells.

JackMagist

The Great Communicator
Reaction score
2much2soon said:
As much as I hate the whiners, Dawkins has absolutely zero business comparing himself to those guys. I hope he didn't mean for it to come out exactly as it did.
What it sounded like to me was that he was saying that if Even greats like Montana and Rice couldn't earn the right to stay with their main team to the end then he knows that he had better not piss anyone off or he Certainly will not get to retire from his team. It was like he was saying that he Knew that he was not in the same league as them. That was my interpretation anyway. It is hard to tell how he meant it when you can’t hear the inflections in his voice and a transcript of the words doesn’t deliver those inflections.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
The Answer said:
The Answer wonders what the Eagles think of Henson then considering his play was better than Chang's.

they'd probably jettison Chang for Henson in a heartbeat

The Answer said:
But even though Chang has 'shown enough' he's still not guaranteed to make the Eagles final roster.

the Eagles have shown that they don't care how good you are if you're their backup QB, seeing as how they've gone with Koy Detmer as McNabb's backup, CHang's pretty poor performance in NFLE, and them feeling that he's "shown enough", is just another example of that

The Answer said:
Just goes to show that the NFLE means nothing to most pro scouting departments. It will forever remain an outcast league for 3rd string misfits and other aspiring practice squad type of players.

~The Answer

nice try, but Jerry Jones said NFLE is a good place for Henson to get playing time, and once he got some, and did quite well, Parcells has said he's shown improvement, so obviously the Cowboy's staff has a different viewpoint on the merits of NFLE in Henson's situation than you do