NFL Standings for the Decade

Blackspider214

Reaction score
Niners are just one game over .500 and we had a better record than them yet they went to 2 Super Bowls and 2 other NFC title game appearances. Meanwhile we waste another whole decade thanks to Garrett and company and Jerry being Jerry.

And lmao at the AFC East.

decade.png

Big D

Reaction score
I would really like them to shuffle the divisions up every few years to spice it up. The Pats get an easy road to the playoffs annually.

aria

Reaction score
Well we only had 6 wins more than SF and over a decade that’s not a lot at all so I don’t think the disparity is that great but I get what you’re saying.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
The NFC east is the only division where 1st and 4th are less than 26 games apart....

Sydla

Reaction score
Niners are just one game over .500 and we had a better record than them yet they went to 2 Super Bowls and 2 other NFC title game appearances. Meanwhile we waste another whole decade thanks to Garrett and company and Jerry being Jerry.

decade.png

Jerry made the team decent (players and coaches), he always was a couple of moves away from potentially making them great.

Sad really because over the last 10-15 years he always had a decent “core” of players to build around but always screwed up either in FA, the draft, or making bad decisions on coaches.

Insomniac

Reaction score

decade.png

The AFCE won the most regular season games, Super Bowls, and the 2nd most playoff games of any division in the decade.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
I would really like them to shuffle the divisions up every few years to spice it up. The Pats get an easy road to the playoffs annually.

The mantra that the Pats had success because of the poor division is garbage. If that theory were true then the Pats would get beat shortly after they played real competition in the playoffs. They pretty much destroyed everyone else too on their way to 9 SB's and 6 titles.

MoistMayonnaise

Devil's Advocate
Reaction score
Looking at that we were the 11th best team of the decade with what, two playoff wins?

Sad!

Established1971

fiveandcounting
Reaction score

decade.png
so if we had beaten the Eagles week 16 we would have ended up with the best record for the decade in the division

HellCrowe

Reaction score
Seems right. A lot of 8-8 seasons accompanied with a dash of 1st round playoff exits.

erod

Reaction score
Never as easy as went we had last year.

plasticman

Reaction score
Somehow, Cowboys still have the best all time winning percentage in the NFL at 57.3%. The Green Bay Packers are 7 games behind.

The Cowboys current all time winning percentage applied to a single 16 game regular season would yield a record of 9.2 - 6.8. That would currently be the best.

Prior to the Jerry Jones era, the Cowboys average record for a 16 game season was 9.7- 6.3.

The gap between the best and worse franchise winning percentages have steadily decreased over the decades indicating a consistent trend towards parity.

BigD_95

Reaction score

decade.png

Every division has at least 2 teams with a winning record except Patriots division

I get Brady is great & Bill is a great HC. But they have also had such an easy ride all these years. That division has been a joke