NFL starting QBs grade and efficiency for 2023 season through yesterday 12/3/2023

DuncanIso

Reaction score
But Dak sucks right??? He isn't accurate. Only throws 5 yard passes. At least that's what I read here.

BTW haven't heard from the haters in weeks.
Its been an easy stretch for Dak.

But the scrub games are over. 8)

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Looking at this with a modicum of logic, the schedule Dallas has played does factor into the new found appreciation of Dak. He has torn up teams who cannot pressure him.
But this pressure isn't his Achilles Heal in the way you might think.

It has been revealed that Purdy and Hurts falter when pressure is applied. For Gosh Sakes, Mahomes looks mortal now. All players, not just QB's struggle in some way. If Dak is harried and throws to prevent a sack, or is moved off his launch spot, he is not as good as he is when he is in a controlled move, or has a clean pocket.

Well, no *****. They all are. But it has been confirmed that Dak can play at a higher level if protected. And note, this is without a great running game because the offensive line cannot open holes as they have in the past.

Now I'm going to stop right here and say I have been wrong about Tyron Smith this season. He has evidently played consecutive games without health issues. I have never had an issue with his ability, only his availability. As long as he shows up and plays the entire game, then that is terrific.

However, Steele is the weak link now. My belief is he came back far too soon. And once again I am Johnny One-note about drafting a guard. Because it occurs that Tyler Smith may be that type of player to have the ability to play along the line anywhere and bring premiere talent. How would this line look if Steele was a back-up for this season and Tyler Smith was manning his tackle spot?

Having said that, this next gauntlet the team will face with potential play-off opponents will require the offensive line to protect Dak. That means McCarthy needs to call a good game and exploit weaknesses. Move the launch point and keep Dak upright.

Put Dak in a position to thrive against these other teams and he has shown he can make the throws. But beyond Cee Dee and Fergusson, are this WR/TE squads good enough to create space and catch the ball to take the pressure off Cee Dee and Fergusson? Because if it were me facing this Dallas team, those two guys wouldn't see daylight, and lets see if the other guys can move the chains.

I'm not big on what happens next year, or even two games from now. I'd rather live in the moment with this team. But looking forward, one would hope Dallas addresses the offensive line in both the draft and free agency, and not poor-boy their options.

Just my thoughts.

Mac_MaloneV1

Reaction score
Best third-down QB in the league, and has been for most of the year.

CowboysFaninHouston

CowboysFaninDC
Reaction score
But Dak sucks right??? He isn't accurate. Only throws 5 yard passes. At least that's what I read here.

BTW haven't heard from the haters in weeks.
just wait. there are a few just touting the weak opponents. but when we lose a game, they will be here in droves blaming Dak, even if we score 56 points and give up 57. just wait.

DFWJC

Reaction score
Obligatory 10th thread per day about Dak?

Mission accomplished

phildadon86

Reaction score
Looking at this with a modicum of logic, the schedule Dallas has played does factor into the new found appreciation of Dak. He has torn up teams who cannot pressure him.

It has been revealed that Purdy and Hurts falter when pressure is applied. For Gosh Sakes, Mahomes looks mortal now. All players, not just QB's struggle in some way. If Dak is harried and throws to prevent a sack, or is moved off his launch spot, he is not as good as he is when he is in a controlled move, or has a clean pocket.

Well, no *****. They all are. But it has been confirmed that Dak can play at a higher level if protected. And note, this is without a great running game because the offensive line cannot open holes as they have in the past.

Now I'm going to stop right here and say I have been wrong about Tyron Smith this season. He has evidently played consecutive games without health issues. I have never had an issue with his ability, only his availability. As long as he shows up and plays the entire game, then that is terrific.

However, Steele is the weak link now. My belief is he came back far too soon. And once again I am Johnny One-note about drafting a guard. Because it occurs that Tyler Smith may be that type of player to have the ability to play along the line anywhere and bring premiere talent. How would this line look if Steele was a back-up for this season and Tyler Smith was manning his tackle spot?

Having said that, this next gauntlet the team will face with potential play-off opponents will require the offensive line to protect Dak. That means McCarthy needs to call a good game and exploit weaknesses. Move the launch point and keep Dak upright.

Put Dak in a position to thrive against these other teams and he has shown he can make the throws. But beyond Cee Dee and Fergusson, are this WR/TE squads good enough to create space and catch the ball to take the pressure off Cee Dee and Fergusson? Because if it were me facing this Dallas team, those two guys wouldn't see daylight, and lets see if the other guys can move the chains.

I'm not big on what happens next year, or even two games from now. I'd rather live in the moment with this team. But looking forward, one would hope Dallas addresses the offensive line in both the draft and free agency, and not poor-boy their options.

Just my thoughts.
Dak lead the league in passing and touchdowns under pressure last season.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score

Just my thoughts.
Totally agree, bro.

In my opinion, the Cowboys should use 2 of their first 3 round picks on an Olineman and a stud WR who can help CeeDee get single covered more often. This would help the Offense a ton against the better Defenses. Use that 3rd top 3 round pick on Defense.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Tweet won't load for me. Where does my FRANCHISE QB rank?
Try clicking on Joey Ickes' tweet first to be able to click and load Computer Cowboy's statistical graphed tweet. Hope that helps brother.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Totally agree, bro.

In my opinion, the Cowboys should use 2 of their first 3 round picks on an Olineman and a stud WR who can help CeeDee get single covered more often. This would help the Offense a ton against the better Defenses. Use that 3rd top 3 round pick on Defense.
You and I see this exactly the same way. A WR and linemen.

plasticman

Reaction score
They keep saying that Dak and the Cowboys offense was taking advantage of weak defenses. At least, that's what they are saying now.

That's not what they were saying at the beginning of the season. We were told about the Jets, Commanders, and Patriots top ten defense from 2022. We were told how he Cowboys offense would have to play their "A": game in order to win.

Three of the Cowboys first five games were against teams with top ten defenses in 2022. The Jets, Patriots and 49ers were ranked 4th, 9th, and 2nd last season on defense.

Even after the first five games of this season, the #1 ranked defense was the Giants, the Jets were #6 and the Patriots #7. Dak and the Cowboys offense defeated them all during that period.

The analysts would mention this before they played the Cowboys and then conveniently omit the information weeks down the road.

Even when the analysts were discussing the Cowboys "weak" opponents, once again, they omitted the fact that the Cowboys had beat those teams by 20 or more points. They didn't mention that the Cowboys leads the NFL this season in victories by 20 or more points. If these teams were so weak then why didn't every team defeat them by 20 or more points?

They keep requiring Dak to jump through a different hoop to prove himself after clearing the previous hoop.

JohnBoy

Reaction score
What on earth is that chart trying to show? I am totally lost on what the two axes metrics are. Seems like it's really contrived...