NFL starting QBs grade and efficiency for 2023 season through yesterday 12/3/2023

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
They keep saying that Dak and the Cowboys offense was taking advantage of weak defenses. At least, that's what they are saying now.

That's not what they were saying at the beginning of the season. We were told about the Jets, Commanders, and Patriots top ten defense from 2022. We were told how he Cowboys offense would have to play their "A": game in order to win.

Three of the Cowboys first five games were against teams with top ten defenses in 2022. The Jets, Patriots and 49ers were ranked 4th, 9th, and 2nd last season on defense.

Even after the first five games of this season, the #1 ranked defense was the Giants, the Jets were #6 and the Patriots #7. Dak and the Cowboys offense defeated them all during that period.

The analysts would mention this before they played the Cowboys and then conveniently omit the information weeks down the road.

Even when the analysts were discussing the Cowboys "weak" opponents, once again, they omitted the fact that the Cowboys had beat those teams by 20 or more points. They didn't mention that the Cowboys leads the NFL this season in victories by 20 or more points. If these teams were so weak then why didn't every team defeat them by 20 or more points?

They keep requiring Dak to jump through a different hoop to prove himself after clearing the previous hoop.
Spot on, @plasticman !!!

BobbyFlame469

Reaction score
Win a
They keep saying that Dak and the Cowboys offense was taking advantage of weak defenses. At least, that's what they are saying now.

That's not what they were saying at the beginning of the season. We were told about the Jets, Commanders, and Patriots top ten defense from 2022. We were told how he Cowboys offense would have to play their "A": game in order to win.

Three of the Cowboys first five games were against teams with top ten defenses in 2022. The Jets, Patriots and 49ers were ranked 4th, 9th, and 2nd last season on defense.

Even after the first five games of this season, the #1 ranked defense was the Giants, the Jets were #6 and the Patriots #7. Dak and the Cowboys offense defeated them all during that period.

The analysts would mention this before they played the Cowboys and then conveniently omit the information weeks down the road.

Even when the analysts were discussing the Cowboys "weak" opponents, once again, they omitted the fact that the Cowboys had beat those teams by 20 or more points. They didn't mention that the Cowboys leads the NFL this season in victories by 20 or more points. If these teams were so weak then why didn't every team defeat them by 20 or more points?

They keep requiring Dak to jump through a different hoop to prove himself after clearing the previous hoop.
playoff game. Jump that hoop

CWR

Reaction score
Totally agree, bro.

In my opinion, the Cowboys should use 2 of their first 3 round picks on an Olineman and a stud WR who can help CeeDee get single covered more often. This would help the Offense a ton against the better Defenses. Use that 3rd top 3 round pick on Defense.
Then go LB and RB.

TwoDeep3

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
a LB and a RB should be the other 2 of their top 4
I would imagine Pollard would not be resigned, or even reupped as a franchise player this next season. Something tells me Jerry will see Rico Dowdle as a starter that will play for a heck of a lot less money. Lots of people want to be paid. Normally I don't get into salaries, or even think about a coming season much at all. But in this case Jerry will see this as a place to save a buck.

Which makes strengthening the offensive line an even more significant issue. Dowdle can get yards if the hole opens up. And then go out and get a bruiser, somewhat like Zeke to bust the defense in the mouth on short yardage and the team saves a bundle on car insurance.

Having said that, fix the offensive line for the day Tyron and Zach are feted into retirement.

Proof

Reaction score
Dak never sucked—that is, his issue was the height of his ceiling not the depth of his floor. This season, he’s found a second story.
i think the depth of his floor was the biggest issue honestly. we'd seen the team w/ the number 1 offense, we'd seen him w/ gaudy numbers. but you'd regularly get trainwrecks at the most inopportune times as well

thunderpimp91

Reaction score
i think the depth of his floor was the biggest issue honestly. we'd seen the team w/ the number 1 offense, we'd seen him w/ gaudy numbers. but you'd regularly get trainwrecks at the most inopportune times as well
Agreed. The last few years we saw Dak look like a top 5 QB at times, and we saw Dak look like a bottom 10 QB at times. Very little consistency game to game from the offense as a whole. Of course fast forward to today and it has to give us a little bit of hope that the inconsistencies on offense (Despite the fantastic numbers) may have been more of a Kellen Moore issue than a QB issue? I'm certainly starting to lean that way, but the next month or so should help solidify or disprove that theory.

Hadenough

Reaction score
But Dak sucks right??? He isn't accurate. Only throws 5 yard passes. At least that's what I read here.

BTW haven't heard from the haters in weeks.
Remind me again what has he won! Who was leading the league in this category a year ago? Nobody cares!

shabazz

Reaction score
But Dak sucks right??? He isn't accurate. Only throws 5 yard passes. At least that's what I read here.

BTW haven't heard from the haters in weeks.
You haven't heard from haters because that's a term that belongs to 15 year old girls, not in a sports forum

But what you HAVE heard is Dak critics, like myself, give him full credit for his great performances lately

People like you don't want to acknowledge it because it won't fit a false narrative..

Rockport

AmberBeer
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
You haven't heard from haters because that's a term that belongs to 15 year old girls, not in a sports forum

But what you HAVE heard is Dak critics, like myself, give him full credit for his great performances lately

People like you don't want to acknowledge it because it won't fit a false narrative..
You’re a well known Dak hater. Give us a break :laugh:

VaqueroTD

Reaction score
I would imagine Pollard would not be resigned, or even reupped as a franchise player this next season. Something tells me Jerry will see Rico Dowdle as a starter that will play for a heck of a lot less money. Lots of people want to be paid. Normally I don't get into salaries, or even think about a coming season much at all. But in this case Jerry will see this as a place to save a buck.

Which makes strengthening the offensive line an even more significant issue. Dowdle can get yards if the hole opens up. And then go out and get a bruiser, somewhat like Zeke to bust the defense in the mouth on short yardage and the team saves a bundle on car insurance.

Having said that, fix the offensive line for the day Tyron and Zach are feted into retirement.
Doesn’t feel like it, but next year could be the closing of our window. Has potential to just have too many positions that need a stud with players aging, young players not developing and contracts expiring. RB, LB, OT, S, DT, C, to name a few. Time to test Stephen’s GM mettle.

shabazz

Reaction score
You’re a well known Dak hater. Give us a break :laugh:
Shutty........you're cognitive impairments disqualify you from serious conversations the adults are having

Now, Change your depends and drink your prune juice, Methuselah

DandyDon52

Reaction score
  • IMO the only stats that matter are in the playoffs.
  • for a ubdication look at the big in season games, right now dak is 0-2 SF and eagles.
  • Lets see if he goes 0-3 or 1-2, but either way the playoffs can make those meaningless.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
  • IMO the only stats that matter are in the playoffs.
  • for a ubdication look at the big in season games, right now dak is 0-2 SF and eagles.
  • Lets see if he goes 0-3 or 1-2, but either way the playoffs can make those meaningless.
DD52, Seahawks were 6 - 5 before the Cowboys beat them this past Sunday.

DandyDon52

Reaction score
DD52, Seahawks were 6 - 5 before the Cowboys beat them this past Sunday.
I did not say anything about winning records games, that doesnt mean much to me
If you have to search for reasons dak or the cowboys are good, then maybe they are not.
This season it seems to me the cowboys are one of the top 2 teams in nfc, phil lost thier top coaches from last year and I can see the drop off now/.
Cowboys got a little better.

But still need to see what happens in playoffs or if they stummble these last few games.