Twitter: NFL teams were 440-0 when scoring 39 points with no turnovers before today

Scotman

Reaction score
Incredible.

-Ryan throws 4 TDs
-We lose the turnover battle 0-3
-We fail to convert 2 fake punts on our own side of the field
-Teams were 1,875-6 when leading by 15 or more points in the final five minutes of regulation over the past 20 seasons

Cowboys win.
And someone tweeted that the Cowboys actually led for ZERO seconds during the game. lol

75boyz

Reaction score
In my post history of longing for ONE, just ONE Cinderella season for that ever so elusive 6th Lombardi I will maintain cautious belief on assuming stuff like this can happen every week. Lol

I mean, If the 9-7 New York Giants can beat the 18-0 Patriots for a trophy why can't Dallas overcome ALL of their obstacles for one, just one FLUKE title?

25 years is long enough. Come on Law of Averages!

So what if they would be one of the suckiest teams to ever win it all, at least they finally lucked into one and that's what matters most.

Go Cowboys

cowboysfan99

Reaction score
That Super Bowl loss was by far the worst loss in any sport.

I don’t know. There have been some pretty brutal baseball losses. They had the trophy and champagne in the Red Sox locker room in game 6 of the 1986 World Series. "Congratulations Boston Red Sox, 1986 World Champions" briefly and accidentally flashed on the scoreboard as well.

Rangers were also a strike away from winning twice.

Wezsh0T

Reaction score
Incredible.

-Ryan throws 4 TDs
-We lose the turnover battle 0-3
-We fail to convert 2 fake punts on our own side of the field
-Teams were 1,875-6 when leading by 15 or more points in the final five minutes of regulation over the past 20 seasons

Cowboys win.
When you lay it all out like that, it sounds absurd that we won.

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Teams were 1,875-6 when leading by 15 or more points in the final five minutes of regulation over the past 20 seasons
giphy.gif

Jack Burton

It's all in the reflexes.
Reaction score
Cowboys fans are quick to pat themselves on the shoulders and forget all their worries after they get a lucked out win. Lets not forget that there are a lot of things to worry about that the cowboys better fix, if we have playoff aspirations.
I don't see people patting themselves on the back. I think we're all just happy to have seen the Boys make such an incredible and improbable comeback. We know our defense is a mess, Mayor McCheese is making poor coaching decisions, and the entire team has been in Keystone Cops mode the first two games. But this was a fun win. It feels good. So why not enjoy it?

Gangsta Spanksta

Reaction score
I don't see people patting themselves on the back. I think we're all just happy to have seen the Boys make such an incredible and improbable comeback. We know our defense is a mess, Mayor McCheese is making poor coaching decisions, and the entire team has been in Keystone Cops mode the first two games. But this was a fun win. It feels good. So why not enjoy it?

I'm just worried about the next game now. After three halves of awfulness, it looks like more than just the defense has problems. Our guys don't give up, have heart, and fight back is about one of the few good things I can say. Does that make us a playoffs team? Will we look as bad as we did for those three halves in other games this season. People were saying 8-8 and 6-10 as the game was progressing today, and to be honest that still doesn't seem so unlikely to me. If Atlanta wouldn't of blown the onside kick, would anyone have changed their minds about the 8-8 and 6-10 possibilities? Why should it seem less likely now, just because another team royally failed on one play.

Jack Burton

It's all in the reflexes.
Reaction score
I'm just worried about the next game now. After three halves of awfulness, it looks like more than just the defense has problems. Our guys don't give up, have heart, and fight back is about one of the few good things I can say. Does that make us a playoffs team? Will we look as bad as we did for those three halves in other games this season. People were saying 8-8 and 6-10 as the game was progressing today, and to be honest that still doesn't seem so unlikely to me. If Atlanta wouldn't of blown the onside kick, would anyone have changed their minds about the 8-8 and 6-10 possibilities? Why should it seem less likely now, just because another team royally failed on one play.
Playoffs? You talking about playoffs? Sorry. Couldn't resist. And I get what you're saying. We're a mess. Had no business winning. I get it. I'm still gonna enjoy the win.

ultron

Reaction score
I wish Legatron could play FS and Kick; like Jeff Heath could do