NFL turns 100 this year

Flamma

Reaction score
I was a fan in the 60's. The dark jerseys were totally considered bad luck. Some teams like the Commanders and Eagles would choose to wear white at home just to make us wear the unlucky jerseys. I'm thinking that most people that are fans today have no idea of the way things were.

Absolutely. The Cowboys had a pretty good first 20 years overall, but a losing record with those jerseys. I'm pretty sure the last game played in them was against the Eagles in the NFC Championship game. The Cowboys went 12-4 that season. I think 3 of those 4 losses including the championship game were in those blue jerseys. No other way to look at it, they had to go. Like you said, I wonder how many fans today know that's still the reason teams today force the Cowboys to wear blue. Even though it doesn't work anymore.

Big_D

Reaction score
I was a fan in the 60's. The dark jerseys were totally considered bad luck. Some teams like the Commanders and Eagles would choose to wear white at home just to make us wear the unlucky jerseys. I'm thinking that most people that are fans today have no idea of the way things were.

I remember they lost the Ice Bowl and 2 Super Bowls in white. But somehow those were their lucky jerseys? lol That curse was a crock then as it is now. Not to mention 10 playoff losses since 96? I remember exactly how things were.

IceBowler

Reaction score
It's still by far the most popular sport in the US. The Cowboys are extremely popular and valuable despite not having been in a Super Bowl in over 20 years.

Surely - the sentiment is that the game in its present iteration isn't even a shadow of what it once was ... not talking fan following or money generated ... just the actual playing of the game, the rivalries, intensity and competition. I sometimes wonder how much of the recent craze and interest is tied to fantasy football?