NFLDraftBlitz Rounds 1-3

cowboyjoe

Reaction score
Round 1
Note; if we trade down with new england, I put those slots in too. I promised you that I would extra hard on draft, since looks like a bad year, so doing what I can to give you draft stuff I find.

2. Buffalo Bills-Andrew Luck, QB-Stanford**
-I made the mistake of claiming the Rams did not need to draft Sam Bradford because there were “too many holes to fill to draft a QB”. I will not fall for that again. Luck is one of the few pocket passers who are fun to watch and he has better mechanics than many current NFL signal-callers.
3. San Francisco 49ers-Ryan Mallett, QB-Arkansas*
-If Mike Singletary is around after this season, he needs to hitch his wagon to a competent QB. Alex Smith will never be that man. Ryan Mallett has the physical tools to be elite and has shown maturity and fiery leadership this season.
4. Detroit Lions-Matt Reynolds, OT-BYU*
-This seems to be one of those picks that I jump on early and stick to throughout the process. Reynolds is definitely worthy of top 5 consideration if he decides to enter.
5. Cleveland Browns-Marcel Dareus, DE-Alabama*
-Cleveland, now that they have lost Robaire Smith for, possibly, the season will be forced to realized the lack of depth on that d-line. Dareus’ play has picked up to a dominant level over the last few weeks and we feel more comfortable projecting him here.
6. Dallas Cowboys-DeMarcus Love, OT-Arkansas
-It’s so rare to find a team drafting in the top 10 that has so few holes, talent wise. But, the Cowboys are as unique as they are underachieving. The offensive line is aging and eroding, so Love is a great fit here.

7. San Diego Chargers-Stephen Paea, DT-Oregon State
-There has been a decrease in physicality and aggression on the defensive side in San Diego for the past few seasons. Paea would surprise people, along the lines of Tyson Alualu in 2010, but he’s a heck of a player.
8. New England Patriots (Oakland)-Mark Ingram, RB-Alabama*
-As well as Danny Woodhead and Benjarvis Green-Ellis have played, they will never be elite players. And if you’re picking in the top ten, you want to come away with an elite player. Ingram is a Patriots’ type player and should thrive here.
9. Denver Broncos-Prince Amukamara, CB-Nebraska
-With Champ Bailey aging and becoming more susceptible to injury, a replacement is soon due. You don’t replace a legend with a late round pick…you replace him with a stud. Prince is just that.
10. Minnesota Vikings-Jake Locker, QB-Washington
-Locker has been up and down this season, but he has the arm and athleticism to wow scouts in workouts. With Uncle Brett looking like his body is beginning to betray him, a talent like Locker is needed on a team built to win.
11. Cincinnati Bengals-Derek Sherrod, OT-Mississippi State
-A strength of the team in 2009, the Bengals’ offensive line is terribly underwhelming in 2010. Sherrod is an athletic, strong tackle with the feet to match up one on one with elite pass rushers.

27. Baltimore Ravens-Rahim Moore, S-UCLA*
It remains to be seen as to how effective Ed Reed will be upon his return from hip surgery. Usually, hip surgeries don’t leave someone with Reeds mileage in great shape. Moore has many of Reed’s qualities as a playmaker.
28. Atlanta Falcons-Da’Quan Bowers, DE-Clemson*
-Kroy Biermann has performed admirably opposite John Abraham, but Abraham is aging and Biermann has limited upside. Bowers is currently the nation’s top sack man and he plays the run as well as any.
29. New England Patriots-Von Miller, OLB-Texas A&M
-I’m sorry, but I feel the Pats are currently gaining success on defense in spite of Jermain Cunningham, Tully Banta-Cain and Rob Ninkovitch. There needs to be someone on the edge that offenses fear. Miller has that kind of potential.
30. Pittsburgh Steelers-Marvin Austin, DT-North Carolina
-A year long suspension won’t do Austin any favors, but the dearth of true NT’s in this draft class will be to his benefit. He’s in a different mold than Casey Hampton, but he’s the active, versatile player Mike Tomlin adores.
31. Philadelphia Eagles-Ras-I-Dowling, CB-Virginia
-I can’t imagine how Chris Horwedel and every other Eagles’ fan don’t cringe in unison every time Ellis Hobbs is left in man coverage. Andy Reid would love to have a tall corner in the mold of Bobby Taylor.
32. New York Jets-Jared Crick, DE-Nebraska*
-The Jets’ defense has really been active through the first 6 games. You have to wonder if the d-line will begin to wear down with Shaun Ellis and Trevor Pryce playing key roles. Crick is a Rex Ryan type player if there ever was one.

Round 2:
3. San Francisco 49ers-Curtis Brown, CB-Texas
4. Detroit Lions-Brandon Harris, CB-Miami (FL)*
5. Cleveland Browns-Stefan Wisniewski, C-Penn State
6. Dallas Cowboys-DeAndre McDaniel, S-Clemson
7. San Diego Chargers-Anthony Castonzo, OT-Boston College
8. Oakland Raiders-Mark Herzlich, OLB-Boston College

Round 3:
2. Buffalo Bills-Marcus Cannon, OT-TCU
3. San Francisco 49ers-Austin Pettis, WR-Boise State
4. Detroit Lions-Anthony Allen, RB-Georgia Tech
5. Cleveland Browns-Kelvin Sheppard, ILB-LSU
6. Dallas Cowboys-Kendrick Burney, CB-North Carolina
7. San Diego Chargers-Deunta Williams, S-North Carolina
8. Oakland Raiders-DeMarcus Van Dyke, CB-Miami (FL)
9. Denver Broncos-Evan Royster, RB-Penn State
10. New England Patriots (Minnesota)-Pat Devlin, QB-Delaware

http://www.nfldraftblitz.com/2011mock.html

SDogo

Not as good as I once was but as good once as I ev
Reaction score
jeepers, someone has Love ranked a little too high