NFLDraftCountdown, 2nd round mock

jbsg02

Reaction score
I'd rather have Ko Simpson and Jon Scott than Santonio Holmes and Daniels Bullocks

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
jbsg02 said:
I'd rather have Ko Simpson and Jon Scott than Santonio Holmes and Daniels Bullocks

I'd rather have Manny Lawson and Jon Scott than Holmes and Bullocks

NewmanFan4

Reaction score
Daniel Bullocks was a SS in college. Just because his twin brother was a good FS, doesn't mean he will be. I don't like this draft at all. I don't see WR as a very big need this year, possibly next, but not quite yet.

Derinyar

Reaction score
NewmanFan4 said:
Daniel Bullocks was a SS in college. Just because his twin brother was a good FS, doesn't mean he will be. I don't like this draft at all. I don't see WR as a very big need this year, possibly next, but not quite yet.
If you see a need for WR in the future you either have to address it now, or in the FA market when you think its due. Few WR's come in and make an impact for at least one year. There are a few, but those are the exception. We have what has to be the oldest starting WR's in the league, both are north of 30, one is closing fast on 35. Those two are unlikely to both be here in two seasons. That makes WR a need, and really a need now, unless your going to put a serious FA contract out there to a WR.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
This draft is not what we need at all, while both safety and receiver are needed, this draft we must take OL and LBers in the top 2 rounds. Then and only then do we get into the other positions.
If we are going to draft a safety in the 3rd, there are better options then Bullocks - ie Watkins, how has more upside.
We need impact players in the top rounds of the draft, not players who will sit and learn and contribute in year 2 !

Derinyar

Reaction score
kiheikiwi said:
This draft is not what we need at all, while both safety and receiver are needed, this draft we must take OL and LBers in the top 2 rounds. Then and only then do we get into the other positions.
If we are going to draft a safety in the 3rd, there are better options then Bullocks - ie Watkins, how has more upside.
We need impact players in the top rounds of the draft, not players who will sit and learn and contribute in year 2 !
You want to fix a hole, do it in FA. I really hope that our braintrust doesn't ever think we must go out and get one specific position. Thats how you wind up with DWayne Goodrich and Quincy Carter.

kiheikiwi

Maui No Ka Oi
Reaction score
With the draft being deep in OL and LBs, you dont have to reach for players.But it makes sense if thats your biggest needs - and theres plenty of quality players, take em. Don't get qute, just be smart.

JIMMYBUFFETT

Skinwalker
Reaction score
Derinyar said:
If you see a need for WR in the future you either have to address it now, or in the FA market when you think its due. Few WR's come in and make an impact for at least one year. There are a few, but those are the exception. We have what has to be the oldest starting WR's in the league, both are north of 30, one is closing fast on 35. Those two are unlikely to both be here in two seasons. That makes WR a need, and really a need now, unless your going to put a serious FA contract out there to a WR.

Speaking of FA wide receivers , what are the chances that Dallas views this as a very weak WR draft (As I do) and decides to pursue a WR through FA ? There are quite a few interesting receivers out there .

Antwaan Randle El Keenan McCardell
Arnaz Battle Kevin Curtis
Av-Zahir Hakim Kevin Johnson
Brandon Lloyd Nate Burleson
David Givens Peter Warrick
Jabar Gaffney Reggie Wayne
Joe Jurevicius Troy Brown

I'd say that R. Wayne is a pipe dream , but what about some of these other guys ? Randle El is great after the catch and a good return man . Both B. Lloyd and A. Battle have been descent receivers on a very bad team . K. Curtis has been great , but he just can't beat out T. Holt and I. Bruce . N. Burleson and K. Johnson are the two that are definatly the most interesting to me .

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
I like Sinorice Moss/Devon Hester (tweener) types. These types of guys allow you to do some interesting things on offense. Like the WR screen that Washington likes to run, Sinorice Moss would destroy teams with that screen or Hester.

I say we look for a speed demon/ quick quick quick type of receiver in the draft, and next year when we know we can ditch Keyshawn, we can get our big starting WR.

jbsg02

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
I'd rather have Manny Lawson and Jon Scott than Holmes and Bullocks

Lawson is a reach at 18. If you look at his mock, scott wright doesnt even have him picked until 38.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
NewmanFan4 said:

dude, Bullocks showed in Senior Bowl workouts that he was versatile, able to cover in the deep zone, and act like a 4th LB, he was always around the football, and in NEbraska, he covered man-to-man, and had 5 INTs as a Junior

and in our scheme, the Safety positions are interchangeable

Derinyar

Reaction score
Cowboy_love_4ever said:
I like Sinorice Moss/Devon Hester (tweener) types. These types of guys allow you to do some interesting things on offense. Like the WR screen that Washington likes to run, Sinorice Moss would destroy teams with that screen or Hester.

I say we look for a speed demon/ quick quick quick type of receiver in the draft, and next year when we know we can ditch Keyshawn, we can get our big starting WR.
I think its quite likely that the team that uses the 1st round pick on Moss is going to end up regretting it. Hes got speed and the right name, and probably not a lot beside that. Yes speed kills, but its got to be useful speed.

NewmanFan4

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
and in our scheme, the Safety positions are interchangeable

That's been part of the problem for the past couple of years. We need to get Roy Williams out of coverage. That's why I'd favor a pure FS if we're going to pick one that high. I don't have anything against Bullocks. I just wouldn't take a SS to convert into a FS in round 2. I'd wait til 3.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
NewmanFan4 said:
That's been part of the problem for the past couple of years. We need to get Roy Williams out of coverage. That's why I'd favor a pure FS if we're going to pick one that high. I don't have anything against Bullocks. I just wouldn't take a SS to convert into a FS in round 2. I'd wait til 3.

look at what I told you about Bullocks: he's able to cover in the deep zone, has man-to-man coverage experience, is always around the football

he's basically a FS

playit12

Reaction score
summerisfunner said:
look at what I told you about Bullocks: he's able to cover in the deep zone, has man-to-man coverage experience, is always around the football

he's basically a FS

Just because you can cover in college doesn't mean you have the speed to do so at the next level. I'd like to see this guys workouts before I decide if he can really make the full time switch to FS. Anyone else that says otherwise is really fooling themselves. Having watched most of the Big 12 games this last year, I can tell you that a lot of Safeties and WRs lacked NFL speed.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Derinyar said:
I think its quite likely that the team that uses the 1st round pick on Moss is going to end up regretting it. Hes got speed and the right name, and probably not a lot beside that. Yes speed kills, but its got to be useful speed.
I never once said pick him in the 1st round. I would go late 2nd or 3rd on Moss, although I've seen 3 mock drafts with him in the mid 1st round.

2 small guys that tore up the league were Santana Moss and Steve Smith

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
playit12 said:
Just because you can cover in college doesn't mean you have the speed to do so at the next level. I'd like to see this guys workouts before I decide if he can really make the full time switch to FS. Anyone else that says otherwise is really fooling themselves. Having watched most of the Big 12 games this last year, I can tell you that a lot of Safeties and WRs lacked NFL speed.

the scouts say he's versatile, he can play FS, that's it, it's over

Hiero

Reaction score
ugh I would kill myself. who the hell is daniel bullocks. Ko Simpson and Jon Scott inthe first and second would be perfect.