NFL's 10 most explosive runners. No EzE?

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
That any running back will produce like Zeke does and stay healthy

That's not what I said.

But McFadden would actually bolster that claim. McFadden was a middle of the road RB and he produced similar numbers with all the carries behind that line.

CowboyRoy

Reaction score
You said pollard would have the same production no?

Cant remember everything, but my claim in general has been that a RB by committee would put up similar production with some quality backs getting all those touches as opposed to just one. And it would give you more versatility and spread out the risk.

AND it would be much much cheaper.

IN other situations I have claimed that Zeke's production is a product of all the carries he gets. I have said that many good backs would have similar production if they were given 300 carries a year like Zeke.

However, I do acknowledge that toughness and durability are his biggest strengths and not all backs can carry that load.

BUT...……….NOT having one back to carry all that load is the point for me.

phildadon86

Reaction score
This might be the quote you are referring to I said:

You could take Pollard and a back in the 3rd round next year and get similar production.
Yeah exactly. That’s what I am disagreeing with. We tried RB by committee behind a better line and it failed miserably.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Yeah exactly. That’s what I am disagreeing with. We tried RB by committee behind a better line and it failed miserably.
It didn’t fail miserably in 2015. It was the strength of the team. We had the 4th leading rusher, we were top 5 in yards per attempt and top 10 in total rushing yards despite being 18th in carries and having God awful QB play and our #1 receiver playing hurt or missing for all but a quarter of the season before he became dehydrated and then broke his foot.

2015 isn’t a year to try and justify RB by committee doesn’t work.

Last edited:

JBond

Reaction score
What???

Gurley has been injured. Zeke is as durable and consistent as they come.

He was 4th in the league in rushing last season.

#1 Derrick Henry ... about to get paid
#2 Nick Chubb ... will be paid if he keeps it up. On rookie contract
#3 McCaffrey ... just got paid

2018 rushing champ. Likely is the 2017 rushing champ if he didn’t miss 6 games. (He had 937 and the league leader was 1,327. If he averages 66 yards in those 6 games minimum he wins another rushing title.) 2016 rushing champ.

Yeah, he may not have McCaffreys speed or versatility. But people need to quit acting like they paid Zeke and he doesn’t produce. He is consistently a top 5 back.
He is a power back. Can't make people miss. Lost that trait. Still a good RB, but nothing exceptional. He is durable, but gets winded easily.

phildadon86

Reaction score
It didn’t fail miserably in 2015. It was the strength of the team. We had the 4th leading rusher, we were top 5 in yards per attempt and top 10 in total rushing yards despite being 18th in carries and having God awful QB play and our #1 receiver playing hurt or missing for all but a quarter of the season before he became dehydrated and then broke his foot.

2015 isn’t a year to try and justify RB by committee doesn’t work.
How many touchdowns did we rush for?

phildadon86

Reaction score
We had 8. How many TDs did our RBs have in 2018?
You mean when Frederick missed time? About the same. How many did we have in 16, 17, and last season? You wanna bring up our worst year rushing? No problem. I’ll bring up the other 3. Let’s not forget. Garrett hired Alexander to coach the OL. Failed miserably. After Colombo took over our running game looked similar

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
You mean when Frederick missed time? About the same. How many did we have in 16, 17, and last season? You wanna bring up our worst year rushing? No problem. I’ll bring up the other 3. Let’s not forget. Garrett hired Alexander to coach the OL. Failed miserably. After Colombo took over our running game looked similar
Why can you always come up with other reasons when it comes to Zeke but you won’t for the RBs in 2015?

Last edited:

phildadon86

Reaction score
Why can you always come up with other reasons when it comes to Zeke but you won’t for the RBs in 2015?
Because since Zeke came minus one season when we had atrocious blocking yo start the season our rushing touchdowns were far higher than 2015?

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Because since Zeke came minus one season when we had atrocious blocking yo start the season our rushing touchdowns were far higher than 2015?
You brought in TDs as if the running game sucked in 2015 because you found a stat to try and push a narrative. I showed you how your own stat (TDs) were bad when Zeke was here. You were able to then look past the bad stat number and look for reasons why the touchdown stat was low that year that doesn’t involve the RB. Why can’t you do the same for 2015?

phildadon86

Reaction score
You brought in TDs as if the running game sucked in 2015 because you found a stat to try and push a narrative. I showed you how your own stat (TDs) were bad when Zeke was here. You were able to then look past the bad stat number and look for reasons why the touchdown stat was low that year that doesn’t involve the RB. Why can’t you do the same for 2015?
Because frank pollack was coaching the OL in 2015 and the TD production wasn’t there. With pollack we were a top rushing team in both yards and touchdowns. The year you’re referring to is when pollack left and Alexander took over. If you read what I wrote about coaching you’d realize it. But I just explained it so you don’t have to look deeper.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Because frank pollack was coaching the OL in 2015 and the TD production wasn’t there. With pollack we were a top rushing team in both yards and touchdowns. The year you’re referring to is when pollack left and Alexander took over. If you read what I wrote about coaching you’d realize it. But I just explained it so you don’t have to look deeper.
I did read what you wrote. Did you read what I wrote about the difficulties the 2015 RBs faced, yet you characterize the running game as “failed miserably” despite it?

phildadon86

Reaction score
I did read what you wrote. Did you read what I wrote about the difficulties the 2015 RBs faced, yet you characterize the running game as “failed miserably” despite it?
That’s fair. You going to sit there and tell me the line in 2015 was better than 2018 with a new coach and arguably the best center in the game injured? I think the difficulties are a wash.