NFP: Breaking down Anthony Castonzo and Will Rackley

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Anthony Costonzo

Anthony Castonzo started every game of his college career.

Castonzo is a fourth-year senior who has started every game of his college career. He played right tackle as a freshman in 2007 then moved to left tackle the next year and has been a fixture there for three seasons. He went to prep school for a year after high school because he was undersized and was not being recruited by top schools. After prep school he was still undersized but was offered by programs such as Stanford, Virginia and Vanderbilt. He decided on Boston College and has been a starter since day one.

He is a very intelligent student athlete. He wants to go on to medical school when his playing days are over and is a Rhodes Scholar candidate. Because of his outstanding academic accomplishments there are some scouts who worry how important football is to him. You don’t see that in his play.

Will Rackley

Will Rackley started his final 40 games at Lehigh.

To put it simply, Rackley dominates at a lower level of competition. He is just bigger and stronger than anyone he plays against in the Patriot League. When you scout players like this the first question you ask is if he can perform against players from a higher level of competition. Rackley showed he could at the practices of the East-West Game. He had an impressive week of practice and played well in the game.

He is a big but not tall man at 6-3 and 309 pounds with impressive play strength. He played left tackle for Lehigh. He is a dominant run blocker who can be very physical and shows a mean streak. He has impressive leg drive and if he gets a chance to put his opponent on the ground he will. He doesn’t pull that often but when he does, he shows that he doesn’t have great speed but can adjust on the move and is an explosive hitter. As a pass blocker he shows a very strong punch, can mirror opponents and anchors well, playing with good bend. In the Villanova game, they were lining up linebackers very wide and blitzing off the edge. Rackley had some trouble with these smaller but fast guys. He didn’t have the lateral quickness to stop the wide speed and also had some trouble when the linebackers used counter moves and came back across his face. Except for that game he was dominant as a pass blocker.

Read the Rest: http://www.nationalfootballpost.com/Breaking-down-Anthony-Castonzo-and-Will-Rackley.html

If we came away from this draft with Costonzo, Ellis and Rackley on the first two days, I'd consider that a huge success.

burmafrd

Reaction score
Castonzo might be like Mike Reid. Was a pro bowl DT for the Bungles and then just up and quit in his prime. Football was NOT that important to him.

garyv

Reaction score
I absolutely love Will Rackley playing inside on the boyz OL. In my opinion he will be just as good as Mike Pouncey and come much cheaper. I would draft him in a heartbeat early 3rd Round