Penguinite
Reaction score
JerryAdvocate;2712561 said:
it's on now

Bunting will be ostracized from the CowboyZone scouting community soon enough

No doubt.

Those are crazy ratings.

This is how Moore was described at the Senior Bowl:

William Moore/S/Missouri: Moore has been labeled as a run defending safety with poor coverage skills and did nothing to shake that reputation on Monday. He struggled moving laterally and at one point was left lying on the ground after attempting to cover a receiver from the North squad.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/01/19/senior.bowl.day1/index.html

Bunting has nothing of record to compare how he graded out previously so we'll see.

I do think Martin is a riser and I like Rashad Johnson quite a lot.

Moore played in the senior bowl game and looked to be the worst safety on the field. He overran plays, he got totally lost and was easily beaten in coverage. That was after a very down year at Missou.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
jterrell;2712576 said:
No doubt.

Those are crazy ratings.

This is how Moore was described at the Senior Bowl:

William Moore/S/Missouri: Moore has been labeled as a run defending safety with poor coverage skills and did nothing to shake that reputation on Monday. He struggled moving laterally and at one point was left lying on the ground after attempting to cover a receiver from the North squad.
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/football/nfl/01/19/senior.bowl.day1/index.html

Bunting has nothing of record to compare how he graded out previously so we'll see.

I do think Martin is a riser and I like Rashad Johnson quite a lot.

Moore played in the senior bowl game and looked to be the worst safety on the field. He overran plays, he got totally lost and was easily beaten in coverage. That was after a very down year at Missou.

to be fair, William Moore did look much better at his Pro Day workout, and which Bunting pointed out

I like Moore, but he likes to go for the ankles alot

Woods

Reaction score
I have to admit, drafting Moore would make me nervous.

I really see him as more as in the box type SS.

Nothing wrong with that, but not in Rounds 2 or 3, please.

I'm o.k. with either Delmas or Chung, but I have to admit, I think we'll most likely go LB in Round 2, unless a great talent falls.

Assuming a great player doesn't fall, by process of elimination, we likely won't draft

QB or RB.
I doubt we take a WR in the 2nd (assuming a top one doesn't fall, of course), and I don't think we'll take a DL given our depth there. We can pick up good Safety talent in Rounds 3-5, plus our starters are set for 2009.

Our top CBs and nickel guy are set.

That leaves OL and LB. Assuming a top OT doesn't fall, we can get a good OG/C in Rounds 4-5, IMO.

I think the likely scenario ends up being LB. Ellis is old, Brooking is pretty old, our only depth at ILB is Carpenter - who we were trying to trade (so I understand).

Sorry to get off track, but unless someone who we really like falls, I think LB would be the highest probability.

(That said, if D Robinson fell to 51, I would love to pick him.)

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
Woods;2712611 said:

I'm o.k. with either Delmas or Chung, but I have to admit, I think we'll most likely go LB in Round 2, unless a great talent falls.

Assuming a great player doesn't fall, by process of elimination, we likely won't draft

QB or RB.
I doubt we take a WR in the 2nd (assuming a top one doesn't fall, of course), and I don't think we'll take a DL given our depth there. We can pick up good Safety talent in Rounds 3-5, plus our starters are set for 2009.

That leaves OL and LB. Assuming a top OT doesn't fall, we can get a good OG/C in Rounds 4-5, IMO.

I think the likely scenario ends up being LB. Ellis is old, Brooking is pretty old, our only depth at ILB is Carpenter - who we were trying to trade (so I understand).

Sorry to get off track, but unless someone who we really like falls, I think LB would be the highest probability.

Moore isn't as physical as his size would lead you to believe

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Sherrod is more a corner if anything in the NFL. I can't see him playing FS or SS in the NFL..

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
Woods;2712611 said:

QB or RB.

We need Ellerbe and Jason Williams/Sidbury to replenish the youth of our LB core in this years draft. No doubt.

28 Joker

28 Joker
Reaction score
Woods;2712611 said:

QB or RB.

I'm hoping for Lawrence Sidbury Jr. You are right about Greg Ellis. He isn't even close to being worth his $6 million dollar cost. He isn't worth half that amount, especially with his poor attitude.

If Sidbury is there at 51, Dallas will take him, imo. He might not be there, though. Dallas needs to move up for him or Duke Robinson, imo, if they have to do it. Those are the two main guys I'm watching.

I don't like Delmas at all in round 2, but in fairness to slate atmosphere, his boy Shaun Smith was Bunting's number 1 CB.

I would take Rashad Johnson over Louis Delmas. It's a no brainer to me, and I think Dallas would do the same. Mosley has good sources, but he had Dallas taking Limas Sweed at one point last year, too. He said we liked Mike Jenkins and of course, Felix Jones. I think his latest declaration is a smoke screen.

I would take Chip Vaughn over William Moore and Patrick Chung.

If Sherrod Martin's shoulders are going to be o.k. and if he puts on some weight, he could be a really good FS or CB. Evidently, teams don't have concerns about his shoulders. He should be able to put on some extra weight in order to play FS. He has the frame for it. I would be o.k. with him if Duke Robinson and Lawrence Sidbury Jr. were off the board.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2712685 said:
Sherrod is more a corner if anything in the NFL. I can't see him playing FS or SS in the NFL..

if his shoulders weren't shot I could see him playing free safety, but that's going to open him up to some injuries

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
JerryAdvocate;2712580 said:
to be fair, William Moore did look much better at his Pro Day workout, and which Bunting pointed out

I like Moore, but he likes to go for the ankles alot

I understand that but I can't judge much from a pro day I didn't see.

I saw Moore play a lot of games as a big 12 guy myself and he was awful then he was awful in the actual Senior Bowl itself.

I wouldn't move him up past late r3 myself.

He is a good athlete and was a huge playmaker as a sophomore so perhaps he was just injured and finally recovered but I hate dismissing that much of a guys body of work based on a pro day... so I don't.

I really wanted Moore for us 2 years ago but all that caused me to watch him closely and he was really, really bad this year.

jterrell

Penguinite
Reaction score
SLATEmosphere;2712685 said:

Why do you say that?

His shoulder injury was in 2007 and he had 80 tackles as a senior playing free safety.

As a CB he'd be scheme dependent and in that case a bit similar to Sean Smith without the added height.

For the Cowboys he'd be a FS or nickel back type. He isn't an outside CB in this scheme.

Bob Sacamano

Benched
Reaction score
jterrell;2712723 said:
Why do you say that?

His shoulder injury was in 2007 and he had 80 tackles as a senior playing free safety.

As a CB he'd be scheme dependent and in that case a bit similar to Sean Smith without the added height.

For the Cowboys he'd be a FS or nickel back type. He isn't an outside CB in this scheme.

didn't he have surgery on both shoulders?

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
jterrell;2712723 said:
Why do you say that?

I don't like how he plays safety..Ya he isn't an outside CB, he's a nickel corner at best..I guess you could throw him at safety on certain packages but he'll never be a every down S in this league..good corner depth though..Plus he's from Troy and only ballers come from there:)