NFP Super 30

RS12

Reaction score
NFP’s Super 30: Washington’s Locker tops list

By Wes Bunting, National Football Post Oct 21, 6:55 pm EDT

In the third installment of the NFP’s Super 30, we break down and rank the nation’s top draft-eligible prospects through the first seven weeks of the college football season.

1. QB Jake Locker, Washington (6-foot-3, 226 pounds)
The nation’s top quarterback prospect.

2. DT Gerald McCoy, Oklahoma (6-4, 298)
Has been downright dominant at times and consistently controls the line of scrimmage.

3. DT Ndamukong Suh, Nebraska (6-4, 302)
Makes as many plays as any defensive lineman in the country; always seems to be around the football.

4. S Eric Berry, Tennessee (5-11, 203)
One of the most instinctive safeties to come along in years. Looks like an instant impact player in the NFL.

5. QB Jimmy Clausen, Notre Dame (6-3, 223)
Made the necessary second-half adjustments last week vs. USC and looked very impressive in the fourth quarter, when it mattered most.

6. ILB Rolando McClain, Alabama (6-4, 256)
Possesses an impressive athletic skill set for his size and has the ability to play in either a 3-4 or 4-3 scheme.

7. WR Dez Bryant, Oklahoma State (6-2, 220)
Although his suspension is still looming, Bryant is the nation’s most dynamic threat at receiver.

8. S Taylor Mays, USC (6-3, 235)
It isn’t often you find a safety who generates as much power on contact as Mays.

9. DT Terrence Cody, Alabama (6-5, 365)
All the guy does is make everyone around him better. I can’t imagine him lasting too long on draft day.

10. OT Bryan Bulaga, Iowa (6-6, 312)
He still hasn’t quite regained his form from a year ago, but I expect to see Bulaga really improve his play in the coming weeks.

11. DE Carlos Dunlap, Florida (6-6, 290)
As physically gifted as it gets, but he still seems to disappear from games far too often given his skill set.

12. WR Mike Williams, Syracuse (6-2, 204)
An impressive size/speed athlete who’s been extremely productive this season and forces defenses to roll coverage his way.

13. RB Jonathan Dwyer, Georgia Tech (5-11, 235)
Is averaging 6.2 yards per carry in his past four games and looks like a guy capable of carrying the load at the next level.

14. QB Ryan Mallett, Arkansas (6-7, 238)
He still has a way to go, but his physical skill set instantly makes him one of the nation’s top quarterback prospects.

15. RB Jahvid Best, California (5-10, 195)
An elite big-play threat who can hurt you in both the run and pass game.

16. DT Arthur Jones, Syracuse (6-3, 295)
A powerful interior presence who uses his hands well to shed blocks and always seems to make plays on the ball.

17. C Maurkice Pouncey, Florida (6-5, 318)
Exhibits an impressive combination of size, power and fluidity inside; looks like a guy who can step in and become an impact center from day one.

18. DT Marvin Austin, North Carolina (6-3, 305)
His improved instincts and overall technique have allowed him to take his game to another level.

19. DT Phil Taylor, Baylor (6-4, 355)
A massive interior lineman who has the ability to anchor a defense at the next level.

20. CB Kareem Jackson, Alabama (5-11, 192)
Showcases impressive fluidity and balance in and out of his breaks and always seems to be in position to make a play on the ball.

21. DE Everson Griffen, USC (6-3, 278)
A physicality gifted athlete who plays with natural leverage and displays impressive footwork and body control off the snap.

22. DE Derrick Morgan, Georgia Tech (6-4, 272)
Possesses the tools to get after the quarterback in a variety of ways off the edge.

23. RB C.J. Spiller, Clemson (5-11, 195)
A real X-factor who has an ability to create big plays in all facets of the game.

24. DE Jason Pierre-Paul, South Florida (6-6, 265)
He’s still raw but possesses a wingspan that goes on for days and might have more upside than any prospect in next year’s draft.

25. OT Anthony Davis, Rutgers (6-6, 325)
Showcases the size, power and fluidity to develop into a starting-caliber left tackle at the next level.

26. OLB/DE Ricky Sapp, Clemson (6-4, 248)
The guy makes a living behind the line of scrimmage and has the ability to consistently shed blocks and make plays on the football.

27. DE Jason Worilds, Virginia Tech (6-2, 252)
Exhibits an impressive first step, and his improved power and pad level have enhanced his ability to get after the passer.

28. QB Sam Bradford, Oklahoma (6-4, 223)
The biggest question about Bradford entering the year was whether he could stay healthy behind an inexperienced offensive line? So far, the answer is no.

29. OLB Eric Norwood, South Carolina (6-0, 252)
He isn’t the tallest of linebackers, but the guy is a force when asked to make plays off the edge.

30. OT Charles Brown, USC (6-5, 292)
He not only has an ability to consistently mirror in pass protection, he’s also very natural when asked to pull and get out in space. Looks like the nation’s top senior offensive tackle.

Super 30 no more …

OT Russell Okung, Oklahoma State (6-5, 302)
A physically gifted lineman, but he needs to add more strength to his base. Gets bullied on contact too easily.

WR Arrelious Benn, Illinois (6-2, 220)
Has not been the consistent force we expected to see game in and game out.

DE Cameron Heyward, Ohio State (6-6, 287)
I love his physical skill set and upside, but he disappears from games far too often.

RB Noel Devine, West Virginia (5-8, 176)
Lacks size, but he’ll still find a way to contribute in a big way to an NFL offense.

DT Allen Bailey, Miami (6-4, 288)
All the tools are there, but he’s simply too inconsistent in his play at this time.

Just missed the cut …

CB Joe Haden, Florida (5-11, 190)

DE Greg Hardy, Ole Miss (6-4, 265)

OLB Von Miller, Texas A&M (6-2, 240)

RB Ryan Mathews, Fresno State (5-11, 220)

OG Mike Pouncey, Florida (6-5, 320)

ILB Josh Bynes, Auburn (6-2, 239)

OLB Bruce Carter, North Carolina (6-3, 225)

OLB/DE Jerry Hughes, TCU (6-2, 257)

ILB Brandon Spikes, Florida (6-3, 256)

FS Morgan Burnett, Georgia Tech (6-1, 210)

TE Ed Dickson, Oregon (6-4, 243)

TE Anthony McCoy, USC (6-5, 252)

TE Jermaine Gresham, Oklahoma (6-6, 258)

OLB Rennie Curran, Georgia (5-11, 225)

Follow Bunting on Twitter: @WesBunting

hendog

Reaction score
I'll take Dez Bryant, Terrance cody and Bryan Buluga please. Thanks.

BTW is Ryan Mallett really 6'7"?

Bigdog

Reaction score
Phil Taylor from Baylor? Anyone seen him play? What round is he projected to be drafted? I have never heard of him, so I just wanted to get some info on him. Thanks.

RS12

Reaction score
I am not sold on any of these QBs, particularly Clausen. Glad they dont need to draft one.

SLATEmosphere

Benched
Reaction score
I honestly wouldn't mind Rolando McClain.

This draft is so deep. Can't remember a draft that went this deep in talent. 2nd rounders in 2010 would be top 20 picks in 2009.

ghst187

Reaction score
hendog;3028350 said:
I'll take Dez Bryant, Terrance cody and Bryan Buluga please. Thanks.

BTW is Ryan Mallett really 6'7"?

i could live with that, plus marcus mcneil in FA