Nick Foles benched

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Just as I predicted just not this soon. Nick won't be on the Jaguars roster in the next 2 or 3 years. He might not make the cut next year. I can see Foles retiring with millions unless somebody can talk him into being a backup, but it will probably be retirement.

DFWJC

Reaction score
The Rams paid too much for Goff
The Jags too much for Foles
Some would say the Eagles paid too much for Wentz

Therefore, don't use those contracts of things that should be done.
Might even be the opposite

kskboys

Reaction score
Man, you guys remember all the Foles worshippers? They couldn't stop proclaiming how great he was!! Funny stuff!!!!!!!!!!

mattjames2010

Reaction score
Was a desperate move by the HC who is on the hot seat. Minshew should have never been benched.

PA Cowboy Fan

Reaction score
He's good for a few games and then he's mediocre. But I'll give him credit. He did something I never thought could be done. He led the Eagles to a SB. He'll probably go in the Eagles ROH after that.

Flamma

Reaction score
Just as I predicted just not this soon. Nick won't be on the Jaguars roster in the next 2 or 3 years. He might not make the cut next year. I can see Foles retiring with millions unless somebody can talk him into being a backup, but it will probably be retirement.

He'll make the cut next year unless they want that 34 million dollar dead cap hit to take effect.

Man, you guys remember all the Foles worshippers? They couldn't stop proclaiming how great he was!! Funny stuff!!!!!!!!!!

Foles was a solid backup on a very good team. Jim Plunket won two Super Bowls as a backup on a monster team. I can understand fans not considering the supporting cast, but general managers? Unless you're a tier 1 QB the supporting cast means everything to a QB. GMs should know this.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
He'll make the cut next year unless they want that 34 million dollar dead cap hit to take effect.

Foles was a solid backup on a very good team. Jim Plunket won two Super Bowls as a backup on a monster team. I can understand fans not considering the supporting cast, but general managers? Unless you're a tier 1 QB the supporting cast means everything to a QB. GMs should know this.
The supporting cast means everything to the starting quarterback as well. Far too often people don't take that into consideration when grading a quarterbacks play.

Pola_pe_a

Reaction score
Foles is a middle of the pack starter but he needs good protection. Jax’s o-line is a mess and Mineshaw is more mobile which makes him more effective right now.

Blue&Silver

Reaction score
Well, he has been great. He's got his jersey, and cleats in the Hall of Fame for individual game performances. He's also got a Super Bowl MVP and phenomenal playoff record.

He's just never been consistent enough to be a starting quarterback, or durability. What he is is a very good backup. If he was a very good starting quarterback he would be starting in Philadelphia and Carson Wentz never would have been drafted.

kskboys

Reaction score
Well, he has been great. He's got his jersey, and cleats in the Hall of Fame for individual game performances. He's also got a Super Bowl MVP and phenomenal playoff record.

He's just never been consistent enough to be a starting quarterback, or durability. What he is is a very good backup. If he was a very good starting quarterback he would be starting in Philadelphia and Carson Wentz never would have been drafted.
Of course. However, many were clamouring that we should open up the checkbook for him.