Nick Foles has more 4TD passing games in 2017 than Dak has in his entire career

joseephuss

Reaction score
I don't throw it out because I saw how the '93 team fell apart without Emmitt Smith.

You wouldn't think one guy would make that much difference but it appeared to me then as it does now– a mental thing.

The '93 team without Emmitt had 8 turnovers over both games... Their heads weren't in it.

Nor do I think the collective heads of this team were into the first few games Elliott was out– Prescott included.

Prescott has regressed (at least temporarily).

But these WR's don't knock my socks off. I think that is where some of the shortfall has come from.

How many of those turnovers were by two rookies(Derrick Lassic and Kevin Williams)?

Jake

Beyond tired of Jerry
Reaction score
Dak has regressed.

Our pass blocking has regressed. big time. even with a healthy OL.

Our RB has regressed. w/o Zeke

Receivers have regressed.

TE is slower than molasses, relax, I love him, but it's time.

Most of all does the offense remind you of last years, or 2015's offense. As in Linehans base? People say defenses figured out last years offense, bullcrap we just quit running most of the plays. Have you noticed defenses calling out our plays again? Just like 2015? Have you noticed if we throw on first down, on second we're running like 90% of the time, because defenses have noticed it too.

The biggest aid to this offense would be a new OC / play caller.

We've got some talent on our roster who could benefit from fresh coaching philosophies at HC, OC, and DC. Unfortunately, Jerry Jones is in charge.

Romo_To_Dez

Reaction score
If Foles success proves anything and he lack there of with Fisher, than it's the fact that Philly has a system on O where any QB who is talented enough can succeed. And that although Wentz is good, he had been overhyped and is more of a system QB. Just like with Foles stats going down when he left Philly. How good would Wentz be without that system.

Those comparing what Wentz has done to what Dak has done when he lost Zeke, should really compare how well Wentz would perform outside Philly's system/

sideon

Reaction score
This is so utterly irrelevant.

If Dallas has had a problem scoring points under Dak, you may have a point but they haven’t. We have in fact been one of the highest scoring offenses with him at QB.

Now if we had a defense/special teams that gave Dak multiple drives starting at the opponents 25, he may have a couple of those games as well.
:huh:They went 3 games with 1 td, they didn't have a problem scoring with Zeke in the lineup.

CheapietheCheapskate

Reaction score
If Foles success proves anything and he lack there of with Fisher, than it's the fact that Philly has a system on O where any QB who is talented enough can succeed. And that although Wentz is good, he had been overhyped and is more of a system QB. Just like with Foles stats going down when he left Philly. How good would Wentz be without that system.

Those comparing what Wentz has done to what Dak has done when he lost Zeke, should really compare how well Wentz would perform outside Philly's system/
So why don't we have a system where any qb can succeed?

LocimusPrime

Reaction score
I didn't realize Troy had a 5 TD game. That must have been difficult back in the day, especially with emmit and our ground and pound attack

Wow. That's crazy

MojaveJT

Reaction score
Against a crappy Giants team that we lit up the week before. Big whoop. The Eagles and Giants game was actually pretty close.

Proof

Reaction score
Whew. When I pulled up this cowboys msg board I was a little worried about if How I’d get my eagles fix. Thanks

Proof

Reaction score
Says a lot about Dak, he's not there yet.

True. When I see a young qb come in, set records, lead his team on a historic win streak and win rookie of the year, my first question is how many times has he thrown for 4 tds

HungryLion

Reaction score
I’m going to repeat this again in this thread.

Dak has two, 4 TD games this season.

He has two games where he threw for 3 TD’s and also had a rushing TD.

And his rushing TD’s count just the same because people can debate Dak’s overall game as much as they want, but what is definitely proven, is that he is an EXCELLENT redzone running threat as he has a lot of rushing TD’s already in his young career.

So, again he has TWO games this season where he has scored 4 TD’s.

/thread

starcity214

Reaction score
True. When I see a young qb come in, set records, lead his team on a historic win streak and win rookie of the year, my first question is how many times has he thrown for 4 tds

I keep hearing how Dak broke "Rookie" records..

Anyone mind telling me wich records he broke?

Also, winning is a team accomplishment, especially when you have an all world RB to lean on...

If Dak being the rookie of the year is legit (Zeke got robbed) then Garrett is the best coach in the NFL..

Sydla

Reaction score
I’m going to repeat this again in this thread.

Dak has two, 4 TD games this season.

He has two games where he threw for 3 TD’s and also had a rushing TD.

And his rushing TD’s count just the same because people can debate Dak’s overall game as much as they want, but what is definitely proven, is that he is an EXCELLENT redzone running threat as he has a lot of rushing TD’s already in his young career.

So, again he has TWO games this season where he has scored 4 TD’s.

/thread

You can't end a thread with your own point.

River82

Reaction score
Wentz isn't needed at the Eagles, the Eagles have a system that can make most QBs look good. That system has made Wentz look far better than he actually is.

ghst187

Reaction score
Wentz was looking like a borderline bust last year? Huhh? Did you see the article by SI saying if you could start your team with anyone player right now who would it be and Wentz won... and that was before this MVP season. Last year you could tell he was going to be very very special/ Borderline bust? Get out of here with that nonsense.

A repeat of last year and people would've started raining the criticism and tossing the term around. He improved but the team around him improved significantly too. Just saying that based solely on his rookie year... it could've gone either way.

River82

Reaction score
A repeat of last year and people would've started raining the criticism and tossing the term around. He improved but the team around him improved significantly too. Just saying that based solely on his rookie year... it could've gone either way.

A repeat of last year, a year where he couldn't progress past his first read, and there would have been a QB controversy ... well, it wouldn't have been a controversy, Foles would have easily overtaken Wentz as starter