Nick Folk = Very Solid Rookie

JJHLH1

Reaction score
I have to say, one guy on this team that doesn't get talked about enough is Nick Folk. I loved that 44 yard field goal he drilled right down the middle in the first half. Giant's stadium is a notoriously difficult place to kick because of the wind.

Go Cowboys!

Future

Intramural Legend
Reaction score
Man, it seems like he leaves absolutely no doubt when he kicks. He is awesome.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
JJHLH1;1758537 said:
I have to say, one guy on this team that doesn't get talked about enough is Nick Folk. I loved that 44 yard field goal he drilled right down the middle in the first half. Giant's stadium is a notoriously difficult place to kick because of the win.

Go Cowboys!

I just wish his KO's were deeper....getting sick of seeing them land between the 10-20 yard line...but like I said earlier, I wonder if the coaches are WANTING him to hang it up in the air.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
I can't judge kickoffs very well in Giant's stadium because of the wind. I think he'll be fine with them.

lane

The Chairman
Reaction score
JJHLH1;1758537 said:
I have to say, one guy on this team that doesn't get talked about enough is Nick Folk. I loved that 44 yard field goal he drilled right down the middle in the first half. Giant's stadium is a notoriously difficult place to kick because of the wind.

Go Cowboys!

my sentiments..............exactly.

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
JJHLH1;1758559 said:
I can't judge kickoffs very well in Giant's stadium because of the wind. I think he'll be fine with them.

It hasn't been just this game though. If it were, that's one thing.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Jimz31;1758570 said:
It hasn't been just this game though. If it were, that's one thing.

Do you know how many touchbacks he has this year? I'd be interested in finding out.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Still a rookie though.

He has plenty of time to improve in the kick off area of his game.

JJHLH1

Reaction score
Jimz31;1758589 said:

Hmmmm...yes, that does seem low. He can improve that hopefully. His kicking has otherwise been great. I keep remembering the past few years how our kicking game has cost us wins. This year (the Buffalo game) it's actually won us games. Hope it continues.

skinsscalper

Reaction score
JJHLH1;1758559 said:

NYs kicker didn't seem to have any problem getting the ball past the 20. Folk's kick-offs today were an absolute joke.

I'm happy with the game, and couldn't find much to complain about if I tried (sans dumb penalties). But Folk was awful on kickoffs.

SS

:star:

Jimz31

The Sarcastic One
Reaction score
JJHLH1;1758606 said:
Hmmmm...yes, that does seem low. He can improve that hopefully. His kicking has otherwise been great. I keep remembering the past few years how our kicking game has cost us wins. This year (the Buffalo game) it's actually won us games. Hope it continues.

Honestly, as long as he keeps kicking accurately on FG's, I'm a happy camper....I'd just LIKE to see him kick the ball off deeper.

He's now had over 50 KOs'.

zeromaster

Reaction score
theogt;1758545 said:
Nick Folk = not very solid on kickoffs.
x 10.

It seems to be getting worse. I hope someone reminds him that hang time and distance are equally important.