Nick Ralston Is Sticking Around

Irvin88_4life

Reaction score
If I had to guess I would say Farniok, Anae, Fehoko, Turner, Nsekhe, and Gifford shouldn’t get comfortable. Gallimore, Hill, Joseph, Mckeon, and D-Law aren’t too far away.
I doubt Farniok, Anae and Fehoko get cut. McCarthy and squad likes the players they draft and Stephen even said he wants the young guys to take veteran spots.

fansince68

Reaction score
With all the pressure on the 53-man roster w/so many players poised to return...I never would have guessed they'd add an undrafted fullback.
Not to mention, they probably won't even use him unless he has exceptional specials teams skills

T-RO

Reaction score
Not to mention, they probably won't even use him unless he has exceptional specials teams skills

They will most definitely use him extensively on special teams. Does he also take McGovern's role as FB, so Connor M can move to center? This move seems to point that way.

And Ralston can run and catch, so they can go deeper down the rabbit's trail with him at FB.

fansince68

Reaction score
They will most definitely use him extensively on special teams. Does he also take McGovern's role as FB, so Connor M can move to center? This move seems to point that way.

And Ralston can run and catch, so they can go deeper down the rabbit's trail with him at FB.
That makes sense because I don't see Zeke nor Pollard being adequate as "lead" blockers. Maybe this move helps to increase our run game that nobody expected us to have this season. I can see Pollard breaking a few long runs with a lead full back to erase that lb or safety to spring the long run and possibly Zeke too if he can recapture that "vision" that he had as a rookie.

Ring6

StarSchema
Reaction score
Gallimore, Hill, Joseph, Mckeon, and D-Law aren’t too far away.

not sure if Hill belongs in that group, but good point. Decisions will need to be made. Unfortunately, injuries are part of the game too and that may dictate some of the decisions.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
Ralston has been on 46 special team snaps thus far.

I can definitely see the team working him into short yardage snaps as the season progresses. Particularly, if they put McGovern into the starting lineup and off fullback duties.

rambo2

Reaction score
Not sure what is trying to be accomplished with this move. I can't see him on the 53 after the bye week. Hope he plays well tomorrow though.
They give him a 2 year contract. They obviously plan on him being on special teams.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Cowboys signed fullback Nick Ralston to the active roster from the practice squad. Ralston was elevated and returned to the practice squad the past three weeks. But if the Cowboys did that again he would have been subject to waivers on Monday, so now he's on the 53.

He also got a two year deal. I like this since he has worked so hard since he's gotten here and from what I've heard he's always wanted to be a Cowboy!
In the 3 games that he has been active, he played 50%, 55% and 50% of the Special Teams snaps.

There was zero bonus money on a 1-year contract. He could get bumped back to the PS at any time.

OvertheCap shows a 1-year contract for both Ralston and Sprinkle.

nathanlt

Reaction score
Not sure what is trying to be accomplished with this move. I can't see him on the 53 after the bye week. Hope he plays well tomorrow though.

Oh, its worse than you think... Ralston got a 2 year deal! I couldn't be more excited for what this will mean to the team. We can morph into a 90's style running game with Moose and Emmitt, whenever we choose to.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
They give him a 2 year contract. They obviously plan on him being on special teams.
OvertheCap shows a 1-year contract for both Ralston and Sprinkle. Maybe their number have not been updated yet.