Nike Uniforms Unveiled (Cowboys Pics Start Post #188)

rangers71

Reaction score
SDCowboy85;4491608 said:
That's the word on why we only wear the whites unless we have to wear the blues is because the blues are "cursed". Whatever the actual reason is, the team needs to make a 2nd jersey that they're OK with so we don't have to see the same uni every damn game till the end of time.

The cowboys have the best uniforms period. You don't mess with a good thing.

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
JonJon;4494144 said:
That looks great... I kinda wish the team would play with the practice uniforms now :laugh2:

I kind of wish they'd play the preseason in practice uniforms like we did in high school.

Blitz88

Reaction score
I'm more worried about how our team performs on Sunday than something as petty as uniforms. Does the pants having a shade of green destroy our chances at winning, or going to the Super Bowl? No.

Avaj

Peace Be Still
Reaction score
So disappointed in Nike...didn't see nothing that just wowed me. Hype was for nothing IMO.

erod

Reaction score
SDCowboy85;4493560 said:
I'd be all for the throwbacks being the alt if it means we'll actually wear them regularly and not have to see the whites 15 times per season.

The reason is simple. Tex Schramm decided that, by having the Cowboys wear white at home, season ticket holders would get to see a variety of jersies during the course of the season, rather than white every time while Dallas wore blue every time.

It was that simple. He also was responsible for stripes around the 20 and 50 yard lines for the end zone seats, the flags on the goalposts for wind, and most importantly, Dallas playing the NFC East so they could be on TV in the biggest markets in the country all the time.

Oh, and if you haven't noticed, white has historically been the color of the home team in baseball, basketball, hockey, etc.

DWhite Fan

It ain't over 'til it's over
Reaction score
erod;4495006 said:
The reason is simple. Tex Schramm decided that, by having the Cowboys wear white at home, season ticket holders would get to see a variety of jersies during the course of the season, rather than white every time while Dallas wore blue every time.

It was that simple. He also was responsible for stripes around the 20 and 50 yard lines for the end zone seats, the flags on the goalposts for wind, and most importantly, Dallas playing the NFC East so they could be on TV in the biggest markets in the country all the time.

Oh, and if you haven't noticed, white has historically been the color of the home team in baseball, basketball, hockey, etc.
Tex was awesome at marketing ;)

SkinsandTerps

Commanders Forever
Reaction score
There was also the perhaps competitive advantage of wearing white during the warmer fall months in Dallas.

BigDinAZ

Reaction score
We keep seeing the images of the whites, but any leaks of the blues or the alternates??

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
BigDinAZ;4498703 said:
We keep seeing the images of the whites, but any leaks of the blues or the alternates??

Blue jersey is on the online shop/website - it's linked somewhere in here.

Nothing of the alternates, but they look the same, just have the different mesh panels, etc. with the Nike design.

anava

Reaction score
Avaj;4494993 said:
So disappointed in Nike...didn't see nothing that just wowed me. Hype was for nothing IMO.

If I had to guess, it would make great marketing sense to not make many changes this year. Lots of fans are going to buy jerseys just for the Nike swoosh. Then make changes next year and bam, you gotta buy new jerseys all over again.

DraftKing

Reaction score
I looked through this thread and didn't see an answer to a question I had about what changes, if any, is Nike making to the silver pants worn on the rare occasions when the Cowboys sport their blue jerseys, as they did at New England last year.

To find the answer, I emailed Paul Lukas of Uni Watch and asked him, and this was his response:

"No change -- the silver pants are still part of the mix, and they're the exact same color spec as before"

I thought that might be of interest to some of you on here.

Aikmaniac

Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Uniwatch is a very detailed web site. Those guys are very meticulous.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Kristen82;4508901 said:
I never knew macho Cowboys fans were so into fashion...

Quiet down.

We're discussing man stuff over here and can't be distracted from these green pants.

Hoofbite

Reaction score
Updated helmet design based on the Seahawks helmet.

http://i5.***BLOCKED***/albums/y188/thehoofbite/ScreenShot2012-04-15at33105PM.jpg