Nine players in the Top 5 paid at their position?

CouchCoach

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Too much to too few and any team better be a top 3 drafting team and have an abundance of starters in their 1st contracts. And they damned well better do something within that window of opportunity.

Can't compare NE to any other team because no team focuses on the entire 53 like that do. He never sees it as 11 players or 22, it's every position on the team and no detail is too small.

And look at what he's done now, brought Jamie Collins back into the fold because CLE wasn't happy with him, be interesting to see how happy Belichick is with an affordable player he traded because he didn't want to pay him.

Man, you belly up to the buffet and load up on the high end ritzy food, you better have some salad and a few of those little Jell-O lime squares wouldn't hurt for dessert. A well balanced meal is like a well balanced team and balance it well and you won't be sitting up on the side of the bed saying "I can't believe I ate the whole thing".

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
If Dallas was to sign Dak, Zeke, Amari, Byron, and Jaylon, that would give the Cowboys NINE players in the NFL that are among the top-five paid-players in the NFL at their position.

Martin, Frederick, Smith, and Lawrence are already on the list. And if Dan Bailey's back didn't go wonky.....

I think the second team in the league only has FIVE players in that category. No wonder Stephen is asking for discounts.

New England only has one. And he's a guard.

This is all-in time for the Cowboys. You're not "building" if you've got that kind of salary tied up in 8 or 9 guys. You're built.

They gotta win it soon.

Smith is the 10th highest paid OT and Frederick is the 6th highest paid center. I’m not sure Byron is going to get extended at all, and are we really sure it would take a top 5 contract to extend Jaylon? As for Cooper, the number most mentioned is $16MM/year, and there are already 7 WRs making at least that much. As for Dan Bailey, he isn’t a Cowboy so his name shouldn’t even be mentioned..

Last edited:

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
If Dallas was to sign Dak, Zeke, Amari, Byron, and Jaylon, that would give the Cowboys NINE players in the NFL that are among the top-five paid-players in the NFL at their position.

Martin, Frederick, Smith, and Lawrence are already on the list. And if Dan Bailey's back didn't go wonky.....

I think the second team in the league only has FIVE players in that category. No wonder Stephen is asking for discounts.

New England only has one. And he's a guard.

This is all-in time for the Cowboys. You're not "building" if you've got that kind of salary tied up in 8 or 9 guys. You're built.

They gotta win it soon.

1. Theres quite a few incorrect statements here
2. Sucks having good players I guess

Diehardblues

Reaction score
IF ....

Frederick is the 6th highest paid center, I’m not sure Byron is going to get extended at all, and are we really sure it would take a top 5 contract to extend Jaylon?

As for Cooper, the number most mentioned is $16MM/year, and there are already 7 WRs making at least that much. As for Dan Bailey, he isn’t a Cowboy so his name shouldn’t even be mentioned in this conversation.
Yea, and we passed on of one those receivers in FA making it and booted another to the curb. Until we realized Receivers by Committee with less than an Elite QB was a recipe for failure.

How do we justify paying a WR, RB , QB and 3 OL top money or near the top with a 22nd ranked offense ?

Would we pay anyone else near the top but our QB if they were middle of the pack?

QuincyCarterEra

Reaction score
Yea, and we passed on of one those receivers in FA making it and booted another to the curb. Until we realized Receivers by Committee with less than an Elite QB was a recipe for failure.

How do we justify paying a WR, RB , QB and 3 OL top money or near the top with a 22nd ranked offense ?

Would we pay anyone else near the top but our QB if they were middle of the pack?

When we have a top WR, RB, QB, and our 3 OL we aren't the 22nd ranked offense. We are top 10.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Look at my edited post above. Tyron Smith is only the 10 highest paid OT.

The OP suggested we would end up with 9 players being paid in the top 5 at their positions. At most I think 5 such players is possible, and it may only be 4, and within a year that 4th will be out of the top 5.

pancakeman

Reaction score

I think the second team in the league only has FIVE players in that category.

But did you project that second team as also signing all their good players that are coming up in the next couple of years? Keep it apples to apples.

OmerV

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
But did you project that second team as also signing all their good players that are coming up in the next couple of years? Keep it apples to apples.

Exactly. And the reality is that second team is actually the first team now. On the Cowboys only Martin and D-Law are currently top 5 at their positions.