Niners giving you Deja vu about the Giants?

DFWJC

Reaction score
Yes...a little bit.

I think they are the 4th or 5th best team of the remaining 6, but that defense and special teams are peaking and they are getting a lot of good breaks.

There's no team left that they can't beat, but I don't see them favored vs any except Cincy
  • Bucs are depleted and may lose to the (also depleted) Rams before they even get to SF. But if they get them in Tampa and there's not a monsoon, I like them > SF
  • Rams lost both times to them this year, though they blew a 17pt lead in the 2nd game. I think they are better, but SF still seems to be in their head
  • Bills would be an awful matchup for them...imo. That defense is nasty (way better than Green Bay or Dallas) and Allen presents his own set of unique challenges
  • Chiefs and Mahomes are always tough, but their D is nothing special. Would be interesting.
  • Bengals...I suspect...would not be physical enough. SF D is way tougher than the Titans or Raiders. They are playing well though
I'll add this. Bad weather is the great equalizer......almost always hurts a good passing attack. I think (just an opinion) Green bay wins by 10-14 points if they played SF in regular weather.

Last edited:

KJJ

You Have an Axe to Grind
Reaction score
I mentioned in the game chat yesterday they reminded me a little of the 2007 Giants. The 2007 Giants also went to Lambeau and beat Green Bay in the playoffs. San Francisco didn’t have a great regular season but came on strong late in the year. They were hot heading into the playoffs and appear to be a force to be reckoned with. They’re a very gritty, physical team.

75boyz

Reaction score
In the case of Brady v. NYG d line, Brady had avg to poor performance as NYG d line had outstanding performance. Brady could not overcome this.

As for yesterday's survivors I see Cincy w/excellent dee and outstanding QB play.
SF had avg QB play and an outstanding dee performance.

BUT...
I remember the SF-KC SB and the SF dee was outstanding, especially for 3 to 3 and a half quarters.
I thought the JG missed TD pass was a huge contributor to the outcome.
On the contrary, I saw Mahommes sheer elite individual talent will his team to victory over an otherwise dominant defense.

An elite QB/offense "usually" loses to a dominant defense.
But there are those occasions where the top dog QB puts the team on his back and shines in the face of adversity.

Soo...the age old question continues. Can an elite QB defeat a dominant defense?

I guess we'll see how it all pans out this year for sure.

jmo