No 1st or 2nd round RBs?

Risen Star

Likes Collector
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
On the mock draft show yesterday, when questioned why he had no RBs in his 1st round Mel said you might not even have a back taken in the 2nd round but there are many quality middle round prospects.

Food for thought. I expect a RB or two will be taken in round 2. Your Cowboys could be taking one of them.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Not a lot of top end talent this year but plenty of solid options that could play for us.

The top 10ish dudes are all fairly closely lumped together in grades so taking one in the 1/2n would be incredibly dumb IMO.

That being said - we’ll be drafting Brooks in the 2nd.

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
I don’t expect a run on RBs in the 2nd round, but I would be very surprised if a guy like Benson doesn’t go in the back half of round 2.

MikeT22

Reaction score
Not any top tier backs but a lot of 3rd-5th round caliber guys. We currently don't have a 4th and our 5th is projected to be a comp pick.

I could see someone going in the bottom of the 2nd but it'd be a team that fell for a back and doesn't want to risk missing on him waiting til the third. The typical reach for a need pick.

The 3rd round is about where we should be looking to take a back but depends on who is on the board and whether we acquired and extra 3rd or 4th at some point.

visionary

Reaction score
If we take a RB or LB in rds 1/2 i will break something

Do want Allen in rd 3

rambo2

Reaction score
On the mock draft show yesterday, when questioned why he had no RBs in his 1st round Mel said you might not even have a back taken in the 2nd round but there are many quality middle round prospects.

Food for thought. I expect a RB or two will be taken in round 2. Your Cowboys could be taking one of them.
They need to take one between 56 and 100.

starfan1

Reaction score
I expect a RB to be taken by the boys but i also expect they will pursue one in FA. I feel like they would be doing the team a disservice if they didnt address the 2 biggest holes with first 2 picks and that is OC and DT. Id like JPJ to be the first pick but i fear hell be gone. I also consider LB a bigger need than RB. If JPJ is gone a trade down would be ideal then you are getting an additional pick and you should have the choice of a couple of guys at OC and at DT Sweat should be there as will the LB from A&M but that may be a bit soon for him

reddyuta

Reaction score
no RB in the first 3 RDs,use it for Oline,DT and LB if possible.

Aven8

Reaction score
Trade back a tad and give me Allen or Benson. We need a top RB. Committees don’t work here.