No contract for Q-Car

BALKIS

Benched
Reaction score
His accuracy was the only thing he needed to work on. He had a cannon of a arm but he never had any precision or timing on any of his passes. Thats why joe made him work on his leg muscles in the off-season but unfortunately we were never able to see if that helped.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
didn't we trade out of the 1st round and picked him up.

Wasn't he supposed to be something like Vick.

Weren't we running the option to take advantage of his legs.

AtlCB

Reaction score
DaBoys4Life;2170903 said:
didn't we trade out of the 1st round and picked him up.

Wasn't he supposed to be something like Vick.

Weren't we running the option to take advantage of his legs.
We traded down in the second round and then traded up in the second round. We never had a first round pick. It was one of the first round picks that went to Seattle for Joey Galloway. :banghead:

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
AtlCB;2170907 said:
We traded down in the second round and then traded up in the second round. We never had a first round pick. It was one of the first round picks that went to Seattle for Joey Galloway. :banghead:

ah then we trade out of the first for JJ.

I knew we had reached on him but I didn't know which way it went.

Shady12

Reaction score
He was never going to be a Vick..not all that fast. I mean, he's faster than most qb's and will pick up some yards with his legs but he's not a freak.

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
AtlCB;2170887 said:
I think Carter had the talent; he was just inconsistant and emotionally unable to handle the pressure of being a starting QB in the NFL. He still could have been an effective second string QB if he stayed away from drugs - something he was unable to do.

Quincy Carter at best was a 2nd string QB. Now, one can definately carve out a niche in the NFL being a 2nd option for teams but Carter was never going to be a cornerstone for a franchise.

But he definately had NFL talent, I just don't think he was going to be a consistent starter in the NFL.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
That's an interesting tidbit about him spending time with Hollywood Henderson. I'm currently reading Out of Control for the first time. It's a really good read. I don't think Q's problem is anywhere near as bad as Hollywood's was. At least I hope not.