No excuses for Dak

Blitzen

Reaction score
With or without Dez/Witten he should not get re-upped on a deal without performing at a high level this season. Too costly to gamble with average starting (non-rookie) QB salaries. Just go with someone cheap if the team is uncertain.

noshame

I'm not dead yet......
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
With or without Dez/Witten he should not get re-upped on a deal without performing at a high level this season. Too costly to gamble with average starting (non-rookie) QB salaries. Just go with someone cheap if the team is uncertain.
Did your mom help with this?

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score

Same for Zeke, if he doesn't improve, then he too shouldn't get a 2nd contract.

Aviano90

Go Seahawks!!!
Reaction score
Offense revolves around Zeke. AD was able to put up 2K with Ponder as a QB. I'm looking for Zeke to carry the load behind this line. No excuses.

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Do you sit in your moms basement all day just to come up with this stuff?

HungryLion

Reaction score
Is this thread really necessary?

I’m a Dak believer but even I wouldn’t want him extended long term if he sucks this year.

Sheesh.

Tenkamenin

Reaction score
Surprisingly, I think he'll perform well if the play calling improves. He appears to have put in some serious work in the offseason to improve his game.

408Cowboy

Reaction score
This is the Dallas Cowboys there's plenty of excuses to go around.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Another garrett scapegoat being prepared

I'm not a believer of either. I can just smell the excuse public relation machine already cranking up. And the smell makes me want to vomit.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Is this thread really necessary?

I’m a Dak believer but even I wouldn’t want him extended long term if he sucks this year.

Sheesh.

He won't suck. But I feel either a meh season, or great rushing season and lots of wide open targets for a QB in a lot of games as a result. Great rushing teams can scew a QB performance. I want him to be properly challenged with tight window throws to properly evaluate.

Doomsday101

Reaction score

Dak contract is not up at the end of this season.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Same for Zeke, if he doesn't improve, then he too shouldn't get a 2nd contract.

Pittsburgh is playing hardball with Bell. RB lifespans are so short, you can't really blame them. Plus it is usually easier to replace most of a RB production if you have a good OL.

Blitzen

Reaction score
Dak contract is not up at the end of this season.

True, but most of the time a QB gets extended the year before their final contract season. The Cowboys might feel that even a mediocre season means handing out a $20 plus million per season contract.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
True, but most of the time a QB gets extended the year before their final contract season. The Cowboys might feel that even a mediocre season means handing out a $20 plus million per season contract.

I think Dak is being treated a bit unfairly, he more than exceeded expectation during his rookie year, last season was rough but not just him. I think people go overboard after a great season and as many have gone overboard based on last season. He is not a FA until 2020, he is still a young and learning QB, as much as I loved Romo he sat on the bench for 4 seasons before taking over. I'm not concerned with Dak contract only concern I have is that he stay focused and continue to develop.

Blitzen

Reaction score
I think Dak is being treated a bit unfairly, he more than exceeded expectation during his rookie year, last season was rough but not just him. I think people go overboard after a great season and as many have gone overboard based on last season. He is not a FA until 2020, he is still a young and learning QB, as much as I loved Romo he sat on the bench for 4 seasons before taking over. I'm not concerned with Dak contract only concern I have is that he stay focused and continue to develop.

I am definitely biased. I hope he looks great and fits the ball into tight windows and lights up opposing defenses. I'm concerned that the fans will be sold the-"we just need to give him this big contract to further develop the player" after a ho hum year. My definition of progress always seems to be very far from the Cowboys definition of progress. We shall see.