No excuses for this offense!

The defense gave up 10 points in the last 5 minutes of the game. Let’s not pretend like they came through with some magical clutch performance.

The offense gave this team a chance to win…by putting up 31 points. The defense made it extremely difficult to win by allowing 34. It just gets spun because the defense is so bad we’ve lowered the bar.
It doesn't matter what happened in the game up to the 1st & goal at the 2. The facts are the highly paid QB and offense had the ball in an ideal situation to win the game, and failed to do so. That doesn't mean the defense is great, it just means that the offense shouldn't get a pass for failing when they are the strength and the money of the team.
 
It doesn't matter what happened in the game up to the 1st & goal at the 2. The facts are the highly paid QB and offense had the ball in an ideal situation to win the game, and failed to do so. That doesn't mean the defense is great, it just means that the offense shouldn't get a pass for failing when they are the strength and the money of the team.
That's what "they" say. "The offense has to cover for the defense".

When the defense did hand them an opportunity (several...really), they failed.

And they still blame defense.

Defense didn't play perfect of course. But this vaunted top offense flubbed it. No two ways about it.
 
So I just watnt to make sure I know what I am seeing.

Did you agree the defense gave the offense a chance to win or didn't?

Vtwin said:
The defense ended Raven's possessions forcing a punt or turnover on downs 5 times.

The Ravens defense ended Cowboy's possessions forcing a punt or turnover on downs 3 times. They killed themselves on 2 other drives with a fumble and a blocked FG on a 59 yard attempt.

The Cowboys offense went 5-13 on 3rd down conversions.

Blaming the defense entirely on this loss is madness. I can't say terminal because it will never stop. lol

Prescott had five chances with the ball in his hands on two drives inside the ten yard line, and he didn't get it done. That was as big a reason for the loss as any of the other reasons for the loss.
I would disagree completely. The offense gave the offense a chance to win by keeping pace with Baltimore. Plus I wouldnt say the offense really failed….they still drove the field and forced a tie game with 7 seconds. Yea a TD is better but they kept us in a tie game.

You can find some things to tighten up with the offense but it’s still at least 90% a defensive failure that resulted in the loss.
 
So you are now down playing "clutch".....when it's an historic descriptor thoughtout all of sports.

You're downplaying it because Dak couldn't do it. If he HAD..you'd be saying "look how CLUTCH Dak is".

Don't lie.

You're also acting like people are saying you can just move points around the board and it all adds up the same anyway. That's not what people are saying.
They are saying that Dak can move the ball and score points at certain times and situations of the game. But does SEEM to have trouble in those moments ...those TIMES....when we need him the most.

TBH....that is just an opinion. I'm in the process of trying to find THE STATS of it...since that seems to be the end game for most people. Just stats...and specific ones at that. Not even sure it will matter if I do find it. All heels dug in HARD.
Completely false…I’ve downplayed clutch pretty consistently. You try to make me out to be a Dak apologist and it’s simply not true.

I hope you do find the stats you’re looking for. For the most part “clutch” stats tend to be in line with a players career norms. There are exceptions to every rule, but this is true for a heavy majority of players aside from super small sample size.
 
I think we put too much into clutch performance when really it’s a matter of this team just playing to their abilities.

The 4th quarter of the Baltimore game is a perfect example. The cowboys “failed in the clutch” but overall they had 3 offensive drives…1 punt, 1 FG, 1 TD. This is completely consistent with their overall performance for the year. They scored over 50% of the time, and score TDs around 35% of all drives. Defensively we had 4 drives and gave up 1 TD and 1 FG out of those 4…allowing scores on 50% of drives is also completely consistent with their overall performance.

We focus on the when, but really it’s been the law of averages playing out.
I'm talking about being better at Situational Football as it relates to winning games.

I don't really care about averages or probabilities as to why the Cowboys are who they are.

Being "clutch" in the Crucials (game deciding situations) separates the winners from the losers.

Again, im not strictly talking about individual performance, which is probably unsustainable. Team execution, discipline and other variables are just as important.

Like I stated in my post, until the team figures this out they will continue to disappoint.
 
It doesn't matter what happened in the game up to the 1st & goal at the 2. The facts are the highly paid QB and offense had the ball in an ideal situation to win the game, and failed to do so. That doesn't mean the defense is great, it just means that the offense shouldn't get a pass for failing when they are the strength and the money of the team.
So let’s flip the script here. If we were down 6-0 in this game, we finally punch it in for a TD to go up 6-7 with 7 seconds left this is an excellent game for Dak and the offense?….even though we lose 9-7 on the last second FG?

Sorry but give me the offense putting up 30+ points over the horrible game but clutch performance.
 
I'm talking about being better at Situational Football as it relates to winning games.

I don't really care about averages or probabilities as to why the Cowboys are who they are.

Being "clutch" in the Crucials (game deciding situations) separates the winners from the losers.

Again, im not strictly talking about individual performance, which is probably unsustainable. Team execution, discipline and other variables are just as important.

Like I stated in my post, until the team figures this out they will continue to disappoint.
And what I’m suggesting is that clutch is more myth than reality.

Here we are talking about the offense not being able to get the job done, yet Dak has a career 26 game winning drives, which is more than Mahomes. I know you’re talking more than just those types of moments but overall we don’t typically see a difference in a players overall numbers in entirety vs clutch moments.

Really the issue is that we are in too many “clutch” moments due to a high powered offense and horrific defense.
 
And what I’m suggesting is that clutch is more myth than reality.

Here we are talking about the offense not being able to get the job done, yet Dak has a career 26 game winning drives, which is more than Mahomes. I know you’re talking more than just those types of moments but overall we don’t typically see a difference in a players overall numbers in entirety vs clutch moments.

Really the issue is that we are in too many “clutch” moments due to a high powered offense and horrific defense.
Why did you feel the need to bring Prescott into this?

In your rush to protect him you totally disregarded my emphasis on team--not the individual.

Com on TP
 

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
476,040
Messages
14,658,802
Members
24,226
Latest member
Dorsett99Yards
Back
Top