No excuses for Zimmer next 3 weeks

windward

NFL Historian
Reaction score
dbair1967;1123484 said:
there is nothing wrong with the coverage ability on our 3 CB's...I rarely see guys getting open on them

the problem is somebody on this coaching staff keeps thinking it is a great idea to have our safeties trying to cover other teams starting WR's deep down field...thats what you call S T U P I D

David
I hate the "lets blitz Henry and have Watkins cover Burress/ Baskett 50 yards downfield" call

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
summerisfunner;1123524 said:
lol, they're good stuff though, I enjoy seeing 'em
Thank you much, BTW, I've deleated a few I was planning to put up, because the player sucked so bad.. :)

canters

Reaction score
We better be ready to cover Steve Smith in the slot----Carolina is well coached.

If we can keep him in check,,,ie, no big plays,, we can hold them to under 21 points.

DipChit

Reaction score
dbair1967;1123389 said:
the next 3 games are road games, but they are against the teams currently ranked 13th (Washington), 20th (Carolina) and 26th (Arizona) in total offense...those same 3 teams are ranked 18th, 23rd and 24th in scoring offense...Washington does rank 7th in rushing offense, but Carolina is 25th and Arizona is dead last...in passing offense they rank 14th, 16th and 20th

these teams are all mediocre offensively...if we cant play good defense in this stretch of games, we never will

Ok.. but help me out. Give me a primer on what to look for.

If a CB gets beat by a step and a half and Jake lays the ball on the money, is that Zims fault?

If defenders take bad angles in pursuit, is that Zims fault?

If theres poor tackling, is that Zims fault?

If on every 3rd and long Ware looks like he's auditioning for Dancing With The Stars as opposed to beating his man, is that Zims fault?

I just wanna be sure I assess the correct blame. Or is it a case where if we give up more than 17 points it's Zims fault no matter what?

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dbair1967;1123389 said:
the next 3 games are road games, but they are against the teams currently ranked 13th (Washington), 20th (Carolina) and 26th (Arizona) in total offense...those same 3 teams are ranked 18th, 23rd and 24th in scoring offense...Washington does rank 7th in rushing offense, but Carolina is 25th and Arizona is dead last...in passing offense they rank 14th, 16th and 20th

these teams are all mediocre offensively...if we cant play good defense in this stretch of games, we never will

Romo is a huge question mark because nobody knows what he will do, but Zimmer should be able to conjure up a defense whcih slows down these 3 teams and at LEAST keeps us in the game, if not win them

David
:hammer: Great observation.