No excuses

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
After watching our divisional rival hoist a Lombardi tonight, I was reminded of how many starters Philly lost this year including its starting QB, LT, LB, and I think even others. That team, to their credit, and their coaches credit, never accepted the excuse that they couldn’t win without 3 of their best players.

I have never seen an organization accept excuses more than this Jones- Cowboy organization. If a key player goes down or is suspended, it’s over.

What’s worse? The owner/GM has made it crystal clear that his head coach is “acceptable” only making the playoffs 2 of 7 years. Why? Because he accepts excuses. He’s good at explaining why we didn’t win each year. Twenty two years...no championship games.

But we have every excuse in the world. Philly didn’t accept excuses. They saw what kind of NFL coach Chip Kelly was and after two years of futility, fired him. We don’t do that in Dallas. We give our HC at least 8 years and counting. Because our owner likes excuses.

Last edited:

jimmy40

Reaction score
our owner has three rings, probably makes it easier to just worry about counting his money.

Sydla

Reaction score
A lot of Cowboys mantras were shot to death tonight.

Process takes time. Can’t expect to win with key guys injured. Scheme doesn’t matter. When you have a great OL (which they do) you have to pair it with an elite TB. Don’t dare use FA to get better have to do it through the draft only.

It’s a depressing night for Cowboys fans. Not because the Eagles won but because reality is setting in a out our own franchise.

armadillooutlaw

Reaction score
After watching our divisional rival hoist a Lombardi tonight, I was reminded of how many starters Philly lost this year including its starting QB, LT, LB, and I think even others. That team, to their credit, and their coaches credit, never accepted the excuse that they couldn’t win without 3 of their best players.

I have never seen an organization accept excuses more than this Jones- Cowboy organization. If a key player goes down or is suspended, it’s over.

What’s worse? The owner/GM has made it crystal clear that his head coach is “acceptable” only making the playoffs 2 of 7 years. Why? Because he accepts excuses. He’s good at explaining why we didn’t win each year. Twenty two years...no championship games.

But we have every excuse in the world. Philly didn’t accept excuse. They saw what kind of NFL coach Chip Kelly was and after two years of futility, fired him. We don’t do that in Dallas. We give our HC at least 8 years and counting. Because our owner likes excuses.
Great post, Bobhaze. Maybe if Jerry doesn't want to do anything drastic this offseason then perhaps the upcoming season will deep six and force his hand? It took him getting real desperate to hire a guy like Parcells...

Johnny23

Reaction score

Process takes time. Can’t expect to win with key guys injured. Scheme doesn’t matter. When you have a great OL (which they do) you have to pair it with an elite TB. Don’t dare use FA to get better have to do it through the draft only.

It’s a depressing night for Cowboys fans. Not because the Eagles won but because reality is setting in a out our own franchise.
How is it? We've been a trainwreck and it was only a matter of time Philly won they've been the best overall NFCE team in the 2000s outside of Midgets two SB runs.

Dwight

Reaction score
The number 1 problem is the FO. No changes will be made until fans stop putting money in Jerry's pockets.

I’ve been saying that for years.

Hit Jerry in the pocket. His putrid performance as Owner/GM has been going on for years now.

Watching Troy Aikman on a Football Life confirmed everything about Jerry.

kevm3

Reaction score
I'm getting to the point where I'm hoping the team quits on Garrett if we don't start off strong. We need a few dumpster seasons to force Jerry's hand. We have a strong, talented young core and I don't want to see them relegated to mediocrity so Garrett can continue to learn the game. If Garrett doesn't make it to a superbowl next year, he needs to be gone.

Carson

Reaction score
It starts at the top for them. Their general manager is a winner with a winners mentality.

They get guys like Darby, Matthews, Ajayi, Blount, Jernigan. Robinson, Smith. Meanwhile, we get guys like Carroll, Paea, Thornton

Johnny23

Reaction score
He'll still take money from other teams fans and concerts.

DejectedFan1996

Reaction score
The number 1 problem is the FO. No changes will be made until fans stop putting money in Jerry's pockets.

This.

While it won’t do much, this past season was the first in 8 years i did not spend money on cowboys merchandise or go to a game in dallas.

I’ll be doing the same next year until Garrett is gone

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

Reality has been breathing down the necks of this FO for two plus decades but they refuse to admit THEY are the problem.

VABoyz

Reaction score
It's damn unfortunate!! Coaching and front office completely holding talent back....or should I say the USUAL in Dallas. Smh

big dog cowboy

THE BIG DOG
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
It all starts with the head coach.

Bobhaze

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I'm getting to the point where I'm hoping the team quits on Garrett if we don't start off strong. We need a few dumpster seasons to force Jerry's hand. We have a strong, talented young core and I don't want to see them relegated to mediocrity so Garrett can continue to learn the game. If Garrett doesn't make it to a superbowl next year, he needs to be gone.
If a HC needs more than a year or two to “learn the game”, he was never head coach material to begin with.

Last edited:

yimyammer

Reaction score
It all starts with Jerry.

yep and its just a matter of time before we hear him say he is proud of the eagles but even more proud of his team that shut out the super bowl champs this year