No Homer - Athlete it's hard to dislike

JoeyBoy718

Reaction score
Name one...

Non Cowboy...

Artist it's hard to dislike...

You can name an old timer but considering they never had to deal with social media and digital scrutiny, you're leaving a lot to the imagination, but your call...

For me...

Shaq

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Agree, Shaq. He has a boisterous personality and seems bigger than life. We happen to share the exact same birthday too :)

Did you just watch Tanked also? :muttley:

I am an Olajuwon guy but wouldn't have been upset is Shaq was a Rocket.

ABQCOWBOY

Regular Joe....
Reaction score
I'd never admit it publicly, but I always like Darrell Green.

That guy was a great football player and, by all accounts, a really good person. I would have loved to have had him on our team but he was a Skin.

I look at it this way, he's there saving grace!

John813

Reaction score
(since Dirk was picked)
NBA: Tim Duncan.
NHL: Jagr. Insane how long he was good in the NHL through multiple eras and leaving for the KHL.
NFL: Reggie White

JJB500

Reaction score
Walter Payton was the great guy he appear to be, was awesome to meet him!
Got to meet Muhammad Ali twice, what mega superstar would let just a stranger sit down
at his dinner table! Mario Andretti just because he is probably the coolest man alive!!!!

Xelda

Reaction score
(since Dirk was picked)
NBA: Tim Duncan.
NHL: Jagr. Insane how long he was good in the NHL through multiple eras and leaving for the KHL.
NFL: Reggie White
I was just trying to remember Reggie White. It's difficult to admire people we play against. Those are usually the ones aggravating me.

I watched Better Late Than Never and found great respect for George Foreman. The man was friends with the guy he beat in the Olympics and grieved when he died. He said he'd have been nothing without that man. He'd been told he was going to a certain village to judge in a beauty pageant for goats. Terry Bradshaw was barking about it because he raises goats. After an awkward goat pageant, that former Olympic foe's family had been brought in and came out to greet George as a surprise. He had tears in his eyes as he hugged each one. Towards the end of their trip each man was given a wish to fulfill. George wanted to go and encourage young boxers at a local facility. Terry saw a small child and drew his attention to the young boy that was unintentionally pushed aside in everyone's excitement. George picked the small boy up so he wouldn't be left out.

Tabascocat

Dexternjack
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I was just trying to remember Reggie White. It's difficult to admire people we play against. Those are usually the ones aggravating me.

I watched Better Late Than Never and found great respect for George Foreman. The man was friends with the guy he beat in the Olympics and grieved when he died. He said he'd have been nothing without that man. He'd been told he was going to a certain village to judge in a beauty pageant for goats. Terry Bradshaw was barking about it because he raises goats. After an awkward goat pageant, that former Olympic foe's family had been brought in and came out to greet George as a surprise. He had tears in his eyes as he hugged each one. Towards the end of their trip each man was given a wish to fulfill. George wanted to go and encourage young boxers at a local facility. Terry saw a small child and drew his attention to the young boy that was unintentionally pushed aside in everyone's excitement. George picked the small boy up so he wouldn't be left out.

Better Late Than Never was a great reality show. I gre more fonder of all those guys, even Bradshaw :muttley:

RustyBourneHorse

Reaction score
Manuel Neuer, German Goalkeeper. He seems like a very nice person, and he is an incredible goalkeeper. Coming from a fan of AFC Bournemouth, Team England, and Team USA.

Biggems

White and Nerdy
Reaction score
CB D. Green - Commanders
Hall of Famer, SB Champ, college graduate, state of Texas guy, total class act

SS D. Jeter - NYY
I hate the Yankees, but loved me some Jeter. Often fantasized about a Bagwell, Biggio, Jeter, Caminiti infield.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
Name one...

Non Cowboy...

Artist it's hard to dislike...

You can name an old timer but considering they never had to deal with social media and digital scrutiny, you're leaving a lot to the imagination, but your call...

For me...

Shaq

Rap artists or singers like Beyonce. Not dislike per say, just don't care if they existed or not.

bornafan1981

Reaction score
Green and Monk have done terrific work in the DC community since the 80s.

Warrick Dunn - his charity work is remarkable, including his "Homes for the holidays" program.