No Huddle against the Giants?

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
I know we're going to do what we can to stay out of 3rd and long situations against the Giants in an effort to keep their 4 man rush line out of the game.

I also think we might see some no-huddle being run against NY. We've seen it some this season, but the tempo wasn't really that fast. Against NY if we upped the tempo some we just might be able to stop the Giants from substituting some and get them stuck in their base defense.

We may not of course... but I think with the entire offense becoming more and more comfortable, Garrett just might break out a little more up tempo no huddle to stop so many substitutions by the Giants.

I guarantee that would take the Giants with all their "great" practices by surprise and likely could throw a monkey wrench in their plans.

Anybody think we might do that?

Sorry if this has already been discussed.

03EBZ06

Need2Speed
Reaction score
The No-Huddle offense is more than speeding the tempo of the game, it also at times prevents changing of personnel of opposing defense.

I think we'll go with some No-Huddle offense and shotgun offense.

kramskoi

Reaction score
AsthmaField;1755398 said:
I know we're going to do what we can to stay out of 3rd and long situations against the Giants in an effort to keep their 4 man rush line out of the game.

I also think we might see some no-huddle being run against NY. We've seen it some this season, but the tempo wasn't really that fast. Against NY if we upped the tempo some we just might be able to stop the Giants from substituting some and get them stuck in their base defense.

We may not of course... but I think with the entire offense becoming more and more comfortable, Garrett just might break out a little more up tempo no huddle to stop so many substitutions by the Giants.

I guarantee that would take the Giants with all their "great" practices by surprise and likely could throw a monkey wrench in their plans.

Anybody think we might do that?

Sorry if this has already been discussed.
when the "4 Aces" package comes in Dallas could counter with the draw/screen game and go no-huddle to keep the lighter ends on the field against the run...they'd be giving away a lot of weight without Robbins and Cofield on the inside, but all four lineman are very athletic...i do like the Dallas o-line in that matchup however...especially with Hoyte blocking and Barber running the ball...i think it's a physical mis-match. The Fasano, Hoyte, Anderson, and Witten have all stepped up their blocking ability since week one.

NMfan

Reaction score
I doubt we will use the No Huddle offense like we used a couple of games ago. We are on the road and it will be too noisy.

Likely we will use the shotgun and quick slants for YAC. I think we work Witten in the middle until they can stop it.

I also think we will see a couple of screens and reverses to overcome an aggressive pass rush.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
03EBZ06;1755402 said:
The No-Huddle offense is more than speeding the tempo of the game, it also at times prevents changing of personnel of opposing defense.

I think we'll go with some No-Huddle offense and shotgun offense.

Yeah, that's what I was saying... to keep them from substituting.

If we could do a little bit of it, then it would give the Giants something to worry about and could screw up their packages some.

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
kramskoi;1755412 said:
when the "4 Aces" package comes in Dallas could counter with the draw/screen game and go no-huddle to keep the lighter ends on the field against the run...they'd be giving away a lot of weight without Robbins and Cofield on the inside, but all four lineman are very athletic...i do like the Dallas o-line in that matchup however...especially with Hoyte blocking and Barber running the ball...i think it's a physical mis-match. The Fasano, Hoyte, Anderson, and Witten have all stepped up their blocking ability since week one.

Nice Job. That's one of the things I thought we might could do... catch them in their "4 Aces" and if we are successful in making the first down, we could immediately line up and call a run behind Andre, Davis, and Colombo, driving those little DL straight back.

We could then line back up and run at them again and again, until they call a timeout or they stop us. It could really mess them up, IMO and would flat out wear out their "4 Aces" group.

On the other hand we could get them in their base and run pass after pass as long as they have Kiwi in coverage and the bigger, slower DT's in the game.

It wouldn't win it for us, of course... but it would be just another problem for a defense that is going to be struggling aginst a very strong Cowboys offensive unit.

I hope we do see that... and I hope we see it anytime we face a D that uses a whole lot of substituting (like Belichick and NE).

$0.02

AsthmaField

Outta bounds
Reaction score
NMfan;1755422 said:
I doubt we will use the No Huddle offense like we used a couple of games ago. We are on the road and it will be too noisy.

Likely we will use the shotgun and quick slants for YAC. I think we work Witten in the middle until they can stop it.

I also think we will see a couple of screens and reverses to overcome an aggressive pass rush.

That is a good point... but we're in sync enough as an offense and Romo is good enough, IMO that we could still run some NH on the road at the Meadowlands.

You could be right though, and we decide not to run any NH/hurry-up offense.

CowboyManDan

Reaction score
Good post. Makes sense and I wouldn't be surprised to see some no huddle whether it's to start the game or later in the game. I think it's a good idea. We need to be aggressive in this game.

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
The problem with no huddle is that if it's an away game, the crowd makes it difficult. This is especially true with the way we operate the no huddle, with Romo yelling out a bunch of calls at the LOS.

At home it's not an issue, but away it could make it more difficult.

smarta5150

Mr. Wright
Reaction score
You mean, "no worries against the Giants?"

I think that thread has been done already though.

FLcowboy

When Jerry, when?
Reaction score
CowboyMike;1755559 said:
The problem with no huddle is that if it's an away game, the crowd makes it difficult. This is especially true with the way we operate the no huddle, with Romo yelling out a bunch of calls at the LOS.

At home it's not an issue, but away it could make it more difficult.

Of course, if the Cowboys can get up by 14, the sea of red will turn into a sea of pink, too ashamed to root for their favorite team.