No Huddle, maybe Muddle?

tunahelper

Reaction score
My wife made the statement that Romo should run the offense in no huddle to keep the defense off balance.

After thinking about it, maybe she has a point?

The offense could dictate alot more as to what we are going to do and make the defense play on its heels. Would like to see it some?

????

Meat-O-Rama

Vegetarians are so stupid.
Reaction score
I think it's a huge advantage for any team that can do this effectively. I just don't know if the guys know this offense well enough to pull it off. Or even if this particular offense is conducive to going no huddle for the whole game.

LeonDixson

Illegitimi non carborundum
Reaction score
I wouldn't mind seeing it for a couple of series each game.

btcutter

Reaction score
it's gimmic offense. it'll work for a few games then teams will figure it out. when you said that all it did was reminded me of the Bills and Colts......neither ever won a SB.

Yes, offense needs more balance but the bottom line is that this DEFENSE needs to STEP UP in order for us to get to the promise land.

Defense win playoff games and SB.

dargonking999

DKRandom
Reaction score
btcutter;2302906 said:
it's gimmic offense. it'll work for a few games then teams will figure it out. when you said that all it did was reminded me of the Bills and Colts......neither ever won a SB.

Yes, offense needs more balance but the bottom line is that this DEFENSE needs to STEP UP in order for us to get to the promise land.

Defense win playoff games and SB.

The Colts won the SB two years ago

Eskimo

Reaction score
The big advantage of the no-huddle is the defense cannot easily make substitutions. If you can use the same personnel for your 1st, 2nd and 3rd down offense by simply using different formations, it will prevent the defense from being able to make situational substituions.

I like our ability to do this with a few different combinations of skill players:

MB3/Felix/Witten/TO/WR2

MB3/Witten/Bennett/TO/WR2

MB3/Deon/Witten/TO/WR2

The reason why this works for us is Witten's ability to act as a 3rd WR when we need him to. Felix may be able to do the same. Bennett also has the athletic ability to do this.

When we come in with these heavy packages, we will force the defense to stay in their base defense lest they create a mismatch in the running game. If they want to bring in a situational pass rusher, he'll also have to play against us on 1st and 2nd down. Ditto for a nickle corner.

I would propose we could run no-huddle but not necessarily run it fast like in a 2-minute offense. We could just go to the line, make our call and then run the play. By not huddling, the defense does not have time to do their substitutions. Since we are controlling the ball, we don't really have to give up any potential advantage we are generating in TOP.

btcutter

Reaction score
dargonking999;2302910 said:
The Colts won the SB two years ago

I think and most people will agree that their D in post season won the superbowl for them. They limped into the post season with consecutive losses. The D stepped up.

What I am saying is that no matter how good our O maybe, if D doesn't step up this team isn't going anywhere.

And, if you go no huddle...it's a double edge sword...3 and out and your D is back on the field AGAIN.