No Huddle?

casmith07

Attorney-at-Zone
Reaction score
Seems like good things happen when we run a no huddle offense, regardless of who we're playing. Maybe we should run no huddle like the Big XII teams and see what happens, especially against physical teams like Baltimore/Pittsburgh?

JBS

Reaction score
this is exactly what I was thinking and I was also wondering if the morons on the cowboys offensive coaching staff were ever going to notice this. In just about every game, at least recently, we have struggled MIGHTILY to move the ball in the first half. Come the end of the 2nd quarter the offense goes into a hurry up because its in the final 2 minutes and they just about score every time. Going into halftime in ALL of these games I PRAY that we will come out with the hurry up to get some rhythm going but it never happens. Then to add fuel to the fire - the offense ends the game on certain occasions ala vs the ravens in rhythm and you know why??? Because it is running a no huddle offense...I am not saying run it ALL game - but geeeeeeeeeez..try something to get the offense moving. Im not one of those guys who tries to claim I know what is wrong with the offense and that I can do better myself but it does appear to me that the no huddle is at least WORTH a try.

dallas_112678

Reaction score
glorydaysrback;2517878 said:
this is exactly what I was thinking and I was also wondering if the morons on the cowboys offensive coaching staff were ever going to notice this. In just about every game, at least recently, we have struggled MIGHTILY to move the ball in the first half. Come the end of the 2nd quarter the offense goes into a hurry up because its in the final 2 minutes and they just about score every time. Going into halftime in ALL of these games I PRAY that we will come out with the hurry up to get some rhythm going but it never happens. Then to add fuel to the fire - the offense ends the game on certain occasions ala vs the ravens in rhythm and you know why??? Because it is running a no huddle offense...I am not saying run it ALL game - but geeeeeeeeeez..try something to get the offense moving. Im not one of those guys who tries to claim I know what is wrong with the offense and that I can do better myself but it does appear to me that the no huddle is at least WORTH a try.

Yes this is on JG. I mean we see all these articles about Wade and nothing about JG. The thing that made that game so horrible was the offense, the playcalling of JG. The announcers themselves were saying we have the most simplistic offense in the entire NFL and the Ravens practically knew what we were going to do. People blame the 2 touchdown long touchdown runs on wade and i ask how? The offense was off the field so fast that the defense was on it so much and they had gotten tired. Wade phillips didnt miss 5 straight tackles on the first or second run. All he can do is call the plays and the players let them run by. Anyone who says wade needs to go from this loss is just stupid, this was all on JG and the pathetic tackling during the last 4 minutes on the defense, both of those things our out of wade's control.

Oh_Canada

Reaction score
I agree...this team needs to play with a little tempo and urgency....right now I see neither.

Go back and watch tape of the early 90's Cowboys. They seem to play with very good tempo....rarely did they milk the play clock down to the final seconds...unless they were trying to run it out.

Manster54

Reaction score
casmith07;2517860 said:
Seems like good things happen when we run a no huddle offense, regardless of who we're playing. Maybe we should run no huddle like the Big XII teams and see what happens, especially against physical teams like Baltimore/Pittsburgh?

I watch the Ravens every week. I was convinced this would be the 'Boys gameplan against the Ravens. Spread 'em out and throw in the middle of the field in an up tempo style. The Colts present terrible match up probs for the Ravens and I feel like the Cowboys offense is somewhat similar to the Colts. I was very disappointed to see the lack of attacking tempo that puts the Ravens on their heels.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think there are times within a game that Dallas should go to a hurry up offense not just in 2 min situations. I don't think it is wise to do it throughout the game but I do think a change of pace when things are stagnate can help

BotchedLobotomy

Wide Right
Reaction score
I agree...why don't we mix in some no-huddle when the offense is stalling instead of watching Romo use up every last second of the play clock?

alancdc

Reaction score
casmith07;2517860 said:

Absolutely agree. Romo looks more comfortable in it, and the defense can't sub while we are in it.