No Huddle

Hawkeye19

Reaction score
Just start the game in the two min offense and use it regularly throughout the game. We play our best offensive football when we are at a high tempo.

First two games, we have come out sluggish and full of mistakes. We have to control the tempo and tone of the game.

Freeze the D on substitutions, and get em gassed early. Play with a lead and let the guys feed off each other’s energy.

They had some fun out there yesterday and it was nice to be on the winning side of one of those epic comebacks. But that energy needs to translate to efficiency and production in the first quarter next week.

Come out swinging. Don’t take a quarter to “feel your way” out there... take control from the beginning and go for broke. This offense needs to score 35 + a game, and we can’t waste opportunities.

Parcells4Life

Reaction score
Just start the game in the two min offense and use it regularly throughout the game. We play our best offensive football when we are at a high tempo.

First two games, we have come out sluggish and full of mistakes. We have to control the tempo and tone of the game.

Freeze the D on substitutions, and get em gassed early. Play with a lead and let the guys feed off each other’s energy.

They had some fun out there yesterday and it was nice to be on the winning side of one of those epic comebacks. But that energy needs to translate to efficiency and production in the first quarter next week.

Come out swinging. Don’t take a quarter to “feel your way” out there... take control from the beginning and go for broke. This offense needs to score 35 + a game, and we can’t waste opportunities.
The team had the fastest tempo in the league last week at 20.53 seconds per play. They’re going between fast and warp speed. The only time they slow down it seems is for personnel changes.

The Rams were one of the slowest teams at 28 seconds per play.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
An offense cannot sustain a fast tempo all game/all season long. It's why no offense does it.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I think going into the hurry up and changing the pace made a big difference for the team. It seemed to wake them up and got them motivated.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
I agree they need to mix it in more, especially early on, but we also need to acknowledge that there is a reason chip kelly no longer has a job in the nfl.

I agree I don't want to see us do it too often but when your stuck in neutral you got to change the pace and Cowboys did, after that they found their rhythm and put up 40 points

fivetwos

Reaction score

Best thing they can do is win time of possession and keep that atrocious defense on the sidelines as long as possible.

The fact that they are doing what works directly against that doesnt shock me considering some of the absurd things I've seen from this staff so far.

They should be able to generate offense without having to run a no huddle in the beginning of the game.

superonyx

Reaction score

The Eagles tried that with Chip Kelly for a while. It worked for a few games. Then his players wore down and turned on him. Also it collapses your playbook and eventually the defenses learn what you can run from the no huddle.

DCreppinBoysfan

Reaction score
Best thing they can do is win time of possession and keep that atrocious defense on the sidelines as long as possible.

The fact that they are doing what works directly against that doesnt shock me considering some of the absurd things I've seen from this staff so far.

They should be able to generate offense without having to run a no huddle in the beginning of the game.
They’re trying ball control offense but ppl keep complaining about first down rushes

ZekeTrain

Reaction score
An offense cannot sustain a fast tempo all game/all season long. It's why no offense does it.

The Bills with the K-gun did it pretty successfully for multiple years.

That said I don't think it is the no huddle part that makes it successful for Dak. I think it is that they style of play calling actually changes. So they should figure out how to do that without having to go no huddle.

GMO415

Reaction score
That won't help keeping that crappy Def of ours on the sidelines.

G2

Taco Engineer
Reaction score
The Bills with the K-gun did it pretty successfully for multiple years.

That said I don't think it is the no huddle part that makes it successful for Dak. I think it is that they style of play calling actually changes. So they should figure out how to do that without having to go no huddle.
I'm all for it.