No more day games at Texas Stadium

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
The Giants game will be a Sunday nighter and the Ravens game will be a Saturday nighter. No more sun vs. shade at the old stadium unless a playoff game is played there and even some of those are at night now. It's starting to hit me that the original hole in the roof is about to be history.

AtomicDog

Reaction score
I never liked that sun/shade effect on game days. I found it annoying.

But it was one of those quirks of Texas Stadium. I wonder if the new stadium will have that same effect. Hope not.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
AtomicDog;2451265 said:

But it was one of those quirks of Texas Stadium. I wonder if the new stadium will have that same effect. Hope not.

I'm not sure, but I heard that they will keep the roof closed during the games.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
AtomicDog;2451265 said:

I'm sure it was annoying for the players, especially receivers trying to find the ball in flight. But it was part of the mystique of Texas Stadium. Lots of folks are bidding for stadium memorabilia, but the greatest memories will be forever in our hearts.

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
I never liked the small hole in the roof. The sun/shade situation became annoying during day games. I wish it was either completely closed, or completely open.

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
sacowboysfan513;2451272 said:
I never liked the small hole in the roof. The sun/shade situation became annoying during day games. I wish it was either completely closed, or completely open.

What about the humongous video board at the Taj MaJerry? What kind of effect will it have on sunlight and shade when the roof is open in the daytime? It might be even more annoying.

sacowboysfan513

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2451287 said:
What about the humongous video board at the Taj MaJerry? What kind of effect will it have on sunlight and shade when the roof is open in the daytime? It might be even more annoying.

Good question. Unless its a night game, I would hope they keep the roof closed.

Achozen

Sounds From The Lair
Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2451269 said:
I'm sure it was annoying for the players, especially receivers trying to find the ball in flight. But it was part of the mystique of Texas Stadium. Lots of folks are bidding for stadium memorabilia, but the greatest memories will be forever in our hearts.
:violin:

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2451267 said:
I'm not sure, but I heard that they will keep the roof closed during the games.

What about the cheerleaders...WE STILL HAVE THE CHEERLEADERS RIGHT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :eek: (forget the roof)

I just need to see Abigail when we go in December!!!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (wow, I have issues) :eek::

Boyzmamacita

CowBabe Up!!!
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Quarterback Coach;2451311 said:
What about the cheerleaders...WE STILL HAVE THE CHEERLEADERS RIGHT?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?! :eek: (forget the roof)

I just need to see Abigail when we go in December!!!!!! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr (wow, I have issues) :eek::

HEEEEEEEEEEERE'S ABIGAIL!!!

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v735/BoyzMama/DCC_08AbigailK-si.jpg

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2451346 said:
HEEEEEEEEEEERE'S ABIGAIL!!!

http://img.***BLOCKED***/albums/v735/BoyzMama/DCC_08AbigailK-si.jpg

Oh my...hubba hubba!! :laugh2:

Don Corleone

Reaction score
lgarcia792002;2451551 said:
i wounder if the old cheerleader's are up for grabs... if so where do u bid for them??????

Well, I did bid on a Dallas Cowboys Cheerleader fathead on ebay once. Does that count?

Torn_ACL

Reaction score
Anyone who doesn't like the hole in the roof and the sun on the field is absolutely crazy. It's classic.

Where's Theebs when I need him?

poke

the older I get the better I was
Reaction score
i thought about this being the last day game all day thursday.
no more looking up and seeing that beautiful blue texas sky...
i love that hole in the roof...the sun/shade was just part of it.

Don Corleone

Reaction score
Boyzmamacita;2451287 said:

Actually, the video board is one reason why they have to keep the roof closed the vast majority of the time. 100+ degree heat bearing down on a high definition screen is a recipe for disaster.

Based on all reports I've read, the roof will remain closed at game time. The main reason for the retractable roof is 1) mystique in keeping with the old Texas Stadium, 2) because the Texans have it also, and 3) because it provides flexibility and the ability to host other types of events aside from just football games.

mmohican29

Reaction score
Don Corleone;2451791 said:
Actually, the video board is one reason why they have to keep the roof closed the vast majority of the time. 100+ degree heat bearing down on a high definition screen is a recipe for disaster.

Based on all reports I've read, the roof will remain closed at game time. The main reason for the retractable roof is 1) mystique in keeping with the old Texas Stadium, 2) because the Texans have it also, and 3) because it provides flexibility and the ability to host other types of events aside from just football games.

Wow, I'm not sure I care for that. I watch some games at like Cards new Stadium or Reliant and they all have a VERY sterile look to them. In contrast, the Colts new Stadium has the sun shade effect and I like that alot.... I hope they find a way to keep the roof open for the day games.... I think it's part of Cowboys tradition.

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
IMO the ''hole in the roof'' will be there all the time. @ the new stadium. we'll probably close it only if we get snow, huge amounts of rain during the game or sumthing. other than that, it'll be like having flashbackz of TX stadium.

theebs

Believe!!!!
Reaction score
Don Corleone;2451791 said:

Did u hear this or make it up?

The project manager was on with bad radio two weeks ago live from the new stadium. He said it will be totally up to the weather and will most likely be open most of the time. it will take 12 minutes to open and close, however the league mandates that it has to know 15 minutes prior to kickoff weather it will be open or closed, and from what he said whatever the decision is, that is how it will stay.

it was an interesting interview he went on and on about how it is controlled through a program on one laptop! Pretty cool.

but I never heard him say anything about the heat and the video board or the fact that it would always be closed. that would be pretty ridiculous.