NO! NO! Dallas Cowboys don't take Thomas Howard

CowboyMike

Stay Thirsty, My Friends
Reaction score
felix360 said:
i saw him play his whold college tenure

As did I. I've seen him play, I've seen him practice. He's a monster. He came to UTEP as a safety and he was moved to linebacker, and he's better suited to be a linebacker.

He's a first rounder, I believe, but not good enough for 18. I'll say 25-32.

I'm not sure if he'll be a very good 3-4 player, seems like he just isn't built for it. He'll make an excellent outside 4-3 guy.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
junk said:
I love how people have a definitive opinion on players and follow it up with comments like "Now I've never seen him play" or "Just looking at the numbers"
You're right to a certain degree. I've never seen several players play, but after checking out their stats, my opinions of professional scouts tell me all I need to know. I knew Carpenter was a stud just by reading up on him. I didn't just read one article, I read a ton on several players I'd never seen, and when I finally had a chance to see them, I was still impressed.

Now this is where you are right completely, you can't totally judge stats on a person without seeing him, because Greenway has monster stats, and looks a step slow on video.

SuspectCorner

Still waiting...
Reaction score
if you're wary of fast-risers like manny lawson - thomas howard is a guy for you. he's steady and always seems to come up big on gameday.

some guys were born for the combine.... and some just play good football.

Justis

Reaction score
Howard is well capable of getting up to 3-4 mass, but he's an uber-reach at 18. Gimme Lawson 1st Greenway 2nd Carpenter 3rd Wimbley 4th and if none of them are on the board at 18, take whatever player fell that shouldn't have.