No one has said it, so I will...

fortdick

Reaction score
Patrick Crayton is not having a good season so far. Another drop in the Packer game. He is no where to be seen. The only time you hear his name is when he runs his mouth.

I was a Crayton fan until the loss to the Giants. All the defenders can say what they want, but he quit on that route and had a huge drop. I see the same things with him this year.

Can Austin be the #2? May as well give it a try. He has better speed and has shown he has hands. Put Crayton in the slot, or even Hurd. Why with all the double teams on TO and Witten, why didn't he have a big game(s)? Maybe Romo has seen enough drops to lose confidence in him.

Whatever, the guy is not producing.

Canadian BoyzFan

Reaction score
His job seems to be running pick routes. Where he "accidentally" gets in the way of linebackers trying to cover Witten.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
fortdick;2279054 said:
Patrick Crayton is not having a good season so far. Another drop in the Packer game. He is no where to be seen. The only time you hear his name is when he runs his mouth.

I was a Crayton fan until the loss to the Giants. All the defenders can say what they want, but he quit on that route and had a huge drop. I see the same things with him this year.

Can Austin be the #2? May as well give it a try. He has better speed and has shown he has hands. Put Crayton in the slot, or even Hurd. Why with all the double teams on TO and Witten, why didn't he have a big game(s)? Maybe Romo has seen enough drops to lose confidence in him.

Maybe the drop is effecting him big time any way I don't think Austin jumps from #4 WR to number #2 because of that game that just silly.

Reaction score
fortdick;2279054 said:

I think Romo has lost faith in Crayton. After the playoff game and another wide open drop last night, Romo is looking for TO and Witten, usually in that order.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
I have mixed feelings about it myself. As much attention as teams have been rolling Owens' and Witten's way and they still manage to catch passes, I just don't understand Crayton's lack of production. He just may be too far down the progressions and Romo has been feeling some heat.

Crayton is a much better #3, ie. lined up in the slot. We'd be better with a speedster like Austin out wide.

Boysboy

Reaction score
He actually played very well against Cleveland.

Other than that, I thought Romo had somewhat of an off night.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
RXP;2279067 said:
I think Romo has lost faith in Crayton. After the playoff game and another wide open drop last night, Romo is looking for TO and Witten, usually in that order.

Huh?

He's always looking at the guys out in the pattern in that order: TO, Witten and then either Crayton or the check-down.

I think Cowboy fans over analyze everything.

cobra

Salty *******
Reaction score
He had a good game against Cleveland in week 1.

In week 2, he did a good job of handling the underneath routes which were freeing TO on the bombs.

In week 3, he was non-existent. Not sure what was going on there. Injury maybe?

Overall, I'd like to see a little more out of him, but I don't think he is a liability. He is making some plays. Outside of the drop last night, I haven't been upset with his play.

Would it be great to have Roy Williams or Boldin or Holt in his spot? Sure! That would be sweet!

Is it necessary in order to win? No.

aikemirv

Reaction score
Romos first option is almost always Witten or To but I really don't think he had time to get to option 3 last night very often, and if he did it was short to the RB.

Against Cleveland - all day - Crayton = big game!

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
dallasfaniac;2279074 said:
I have mixed feelings about it myself. As much attention as teams have been rolling Owens' and Witten's way and they still manage to catch passes, I just don't understand Crayton's lack of production. He just may be too far down the progressions and Romo has been feeling some heat.

Crayton is a much better #3, ie. lined up in the slot. We'd be better with a speedster like Austin out wide.

TO had 2 catches last night.

In my book that's not "Managing to catch passes".

superpunk

Reaction score
You know what noone's said?

How Bout Them Cowboys!!!!!!!!

I seem to be in wrong thread.

*backs away slowly*

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;2279091 said:
Huh?

He's always looking at the guys out in the pattern in that order: TO, Witten and then either Crayton or the check-down.

I think Cowboy fans over analyze everything.

Agreed.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
aikemirv;2279093 said:
Romos first option is almost always Witten or To but I really don't think he had time to get to option 3 last night very often, and if he did it was short to the RB.

Against Cleveland - all day - Crayton = big game!

Finally someone posts something that actually has a ring of reality to it.

fortdick

Reaction score
MichaelWinicki;2279073 said:
TO had a drop also.

So Crayton = TO? TO makes plays even though he does has the occasional drop. Crayton has no made any significant impact since the Cleveland game, and then only marginal. The guy should have had a huge night last evening, but wasn't even apparent.

Might as well give Austin the shot, he has looked much better in preseason and last two games. He has better speed and at least so far, better hands.

Reaction score
Again...

Crayton Blows...

4.65 WRs that cant seperate should be in slot.. If route running and 'hands' are his strength, leave him in the slot.

He will never get open on the outside...

He is just like Drew Bennett... Slow, Overpaid and a #3 WR paid as a #2.

DaBoys4Life

Benched
Reaction score
fortdick;2279103 said:
So Crayton = TO? TO makes plays even though he does has the occasional drop. Crayton has no made any significant impact since the Cleveland game, and then only marginal. The guy should have had a huge night last evening, but wasn't even apparent.

Might as well give Austin the shot, he has looked much better in preseason and last two games. He has better speed and at least so far, better hands.

I don't think Austin is good enough to go up against teams #2 he doesn't get that much separation either .

Reaction score
I said it earlier in the offseason that Austin would be a better fit opposite of Owens because of the speed factor, don't get me wrong I think a lot of Crayton but Austin puts the offense in another gear.