no one is to blame

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
i'll never understand it. never. we lose a game and the vast majority of people go crazy looking to blame someone. the stupidest of which is to blame jessica simpson. 70,000 people in the stands and it's her fault romo was way off in that game.

or it's jones fault for *xyz* reason. (like the reasons matter at this point)

it's this persons fault or that. it's parcells team when we win, phillips when we lose. parcells had nothing to do with this team, or everything.

the sad part is, it's the same way when we win. it wasn't enough. this person sucked, roy sucked. all the madden geniouses come out and want to trade our trash for another teams gold and these fans think it's fair and "do-able".

i've never in my life seen such a jaded, spoiled fan base. NEVER. people want refunds, jessica is yoko, wah wah wah. we're instant gratification baby and I WANT IT ALL AND I WANT IT NOW!

hell, we're 12-2. this is our only second loss and i daresay, it won't be our last. romo will likey have another bad game or two in his life. it could happen you know? what will follow is a mass run of psychotic fans who demand satisfaction and a singular point of blame.

it was a bad day for romo. to dropped another one. we couldn't run.

we all knew this team wasn't "there" yet. but every week we whine and holler and trade the farm for mcfadden. we tell people how bad roy sucks and should be traded. nevermind the cap hit, that would require more football knowledge and less WAH'ing around.

we can't focus on the good around here. too many fans simply won't allow it. "i must vent and damn it - this is how i feel so you hush!!!"

what kills me more is the vast majority of the fans in here are as bad as extremeskins when the skins lose yet, every week they lose we see a "wow, meltdown!" thread as if WE'D NEVER do that here.

look around people. we're 12 and freaking 2 and have the best record in the NFC. do we have more work to do? yes. does that suprise you? would seem to. but the whiners have taken over and this just isn't as much fun as it used to be. if we said going into the season we'd be 12 and 2 at this point we'd be estatic, yet live through it and far too many are busy looking for faults and things to whine about.

have fun whining. i'm going to go enjoy our best season we've ever had to date so far and LOVE IT. if we don't make it all the way, it's ok. still proud of this team and how far we've come in relative short order. but at this point i just refuse to let the WAH WAH NOW NOW idiots take these accomplishments away cause it's not enough for them.

Hostile

The Duke
Reaction score
I guess you didn't get the memo.

Blonde singers who date the QB and attend home games versus the Eagles in December are the new blue jersey curse.

Zaxor

Virtus Mille Scuta
Reaction score
Nope you are wrong on this one Jer.... It was all my fault :(

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
...for a loss is a pointless exercise in egoism that I have even been guilty of in the past.

What really more useful to be able to discuss alternatives the team could have tried. It makes fandom more interesting and productive.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Hostile;1840145 said:
I guess you didn't get the memo.

Blonde singers who date the QB and attend home games versus the Eagles in December are the new blue jersey curse.

no, i got the "you must always whine and never be happy memo". i wiped myself and flushed the idiocy of that notion.

Everlastingxxx

All Star
Reaction score
Even Roy Hobbs had a woman mess up his game.

And i woke up this morning and my first thought was ”Jesus, Romo was horrible”.

MichaelWinicki

"You want some?"
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Everlastingxxx;1840159 said:
And i woke up this morning and my first thought was ”Jesus, Romo was horrible”.

And how.

Garrett was a close second in "horribleness."

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
Zaxor;1840148 said:
Nope you are wrong on this one Jer.... It was all my fault :(

i've seen your pic. if you distracted romo we've got bigger problems on our hands, my man!

davidyee;1840151 said:
...for a loss is a pointless exercise in egoism that I have even been guilty of in the past.

What really more useful to be able to discuss alternatives the team could have tried. It makes fandom more interesting and productive.

i think we've all vented before, mr yee. it's normal and natural. what i can't figure out or understand is where the 'hate' comes in for roy, jones, romo - whatever. if you get that wrapped up into the game to where a loss throws you like this - step back and re-evaluate life.

i'd love to talk football and see what we could do and what we need but i HATE the:

worst thread ever
boy are you stupid
roy sucks
bayless sucks

and then all the warping people do of what others say is perhaps the most frustrating cause they don't understand yet insult the hell out of what you NEVER SAID.

just gets old. but the board isn't going to change so i'll just go back to posting less and lurking more again.

5Stars

Here comes the Sun...
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Yeah, you are right Iceberg! So far I've seen it's Jessica's fault, it's Roy's fault, it's bad play calling, it's Romo's fault, it's Jerry coming down to the sideline, it's terrible defense, etc.

Man, here the Cowboys are, 12 - 2...and there seems to be no appreciation at all from some fans around here. Two freaking losses? And it's time to blow up the team? It's time to start cutting players? It's time to start not letting player's girlfriends attend games?

Amazing...and the moaning and groaning is from the same group of people (they know who they are), so just consider the source.

;)

When will the Cowboys start beating ALL TEAMS 45 - 0, ******! I can't take it anymore! I'm going to drink Drano!

Bye, citizens, it was nice to know you...I cannot take it anymore!! :bang2:

Why can't these Cowboys just win! Freaking losers!

(back to your regular scheduled program)...

;)

Maikeru-sama

Mick Green 58
Reaction score
Good points Iceberg.

However, I have to disagree with some of your comments about the board and the fanbase in general.

MapleLeaf

Maple Leaf
Reaction score
iceberg;1840165 said:
i've seen your pic. if you distracted romo we've got bigger problems on our hands, my man!

i think we've all vented before, mr yee. it's normal and natural. what i can't figure out or understand is where the 'hate' comes in for roy, jones, romo - whatever. if you get that wrapped up into the game to where a loss throws you like this - step back and re-evaluate life.

i'd love to talk football and see what we could do and what we need but i HATE the:

worst thread ever
boy are you stupid
roy sucks
bayless sucks

and then all the warping people do of what others say is perhaps the most frustrating cause they don't understand yet insult the hell out of what you NEVER SAID.

just gets old. but the board isn't going to change so i'll just go back to posting less and lurking more again.

...Sometimes we are all like little kids...we just want to hear our own voices.

Unfortunately what will come out every so often is your "little six year old" voice. "You're stupid!" "They suck!" "Roy sucks!" "Jerry sucks!"

Once you get going you can't stop until you stick your thumb back into mouth. Then the silence and tranquility begins until the next game.

I can't remember the name of the author, but I believe he wrote about how everything you do in adulthood you learn in the kindergarten sandbox.

I am a supporter of that theory.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
mickgreen58;1840179 said:
Good points Iceberg.

However, I have to disagree with some of your comments about the board and the fanbase in general.

and that's fine. i'm probably overstating the problem and letting the "vocal idiot majority" get to me. but i simply can't remember when we've won, the "board" by and large being happy.

and it's a hell of a lot worse when we lose.

trade roy. cut romo. blame this blame that. it's as if some people think useless blaming will fix the problem.

WE SHOULD KNOW we're not perfect. we've known for awhile jjones isn't our long term answer. we know romo has made the line look better at times and we know we're not "there" yet. so instead of fun, rational talk, we get the extremes being as loud as they can be.

we get edunce and his dance of stupidity.

it's times like this i'm grateful my own board is just a small group of friends.

i'd like to enjoy the wins and live through the losses without the world caving in and hate taking over.

hard to do in here.

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
davidyee;1840188 said:
...Sometimes we are all like little kids...we just want to hear our own voices.

Unfortunately what will come out every so often is your "little six year old" voice. "You're stupid!" "They suck!" "Roy sucks!" "Jerry sucks!"

Once you get going you can't stop until you stick your thumb back into mouth. Then the silence and tranquility begins until the next game.

I can't remember the name of the author, but I believe he wrote about how everything you do in adulthood you learn in the kindergarten sandbox.

I am a supporter of that theory.

sounds like a good theory - and pretty true.

AbeBeta

Reaction score
iceberg;1840124 said:
i'll never understand it. never. we lose a game and the vast majority of people go crazy looking to blame someone. the stupidest of which is to blame jessica simpson. 70,000 people in the stands and it's her fault romo was way off in that game.

or it's jones fault for *xyz* reason. (like the reasons matter at this point)

it's this persons fault or that. it's parcells team when we win, phillips when we lose. parcells had nothing to do with this team, or everything.

the sad part is, it's the same way when we win. it wasn't enough. this person sucked, roy sucked. all the madden geniouses come out and want to trade our trash for another teams gold and these fans think it's fair and "do-able".

i've never in my life seen such a jaded, spoiled fan base. NEVER. people want refunds, jessica is yoko, wah wah wah. we're instant gratification baby and I WANT IT ALL AND I WANT IT NOW!

hell, we're 12-2. this is our only second loss and i daresay, it won't be our last. romo will likey have another bad game or two in his life. it could happen you know? what will follow is a mass run of psychotic fans who demand satisfaction and a singular point of blame.

it was a bad day for romo. to dropped another one. we couldn't run.

we all knew this team wasn't "there" yet. but every week we whine and holler and trade the farm for mcfadden. we tell people how bad roy sucks and should be traded. nevermind the cap hit, that would require more football knowledge and less WAH'ing around.

we can't focus on the good around here. too many fans simply won't allow it. "i must vent and damn it - this is how i feel so you hush!!!"

what kills me more is the vast majority of the fans in here are as bad as extremeskins when the skins lose yet, every week they lose we see a "wow, meltdown!" thread as if WE'D NEVER do that here.

look around people. we're 12 and freaking 2 and have the best record in the NFC. do we have more work to do? yes. does that suprise you? would seem to. but the whiners have taken over and this just isn't as much fun as it used to be. if we said going into the season we'd be 12 and 2 at this point we'd be estatic, yet live through it and far too many are busy looking for faults and things to whine about.

have fun whining. i'm going to go enjoy our best season we've ever had to date so far and LOVE IT. if we don't make it all the way, it's ok. still proud of this team and how far we've come in relative short order. but at this point i just refuse to let the WAH WAH NOW NOW idiots take these accomplishments away cause it's not enough for them.

I rarely do this but...

:hammer:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I blame that Buxom Blond Bombshell known as Iceberg.:p:

superpunk

Reaction score
Is this like one of those things where "It's nobody's fault - it's everyone's fault". If so, bravo, yoda.

If not, then I'm going to have to call BS. It's definitely alot of people's faults. Mainly, I'm talking about Rowdy here.

ologan

Reaction score
iceberg;1840165 said:

worst thread ever
boy are you stupid
roy sucks
bayless sucks

By and large,Ice....:hammer:

(But Bayless really does suck!!!)

iceberg

rock music matters
Reaction score
superpunk;1840207 said:
Is this like one of those things where "It's nobody's fault - it's everyone's fault". If so, bravo, yoda.

If not, then I'm going to have to call BS. It's definitely alot of people's faults. Mainly, I'm talking about Rowdy here.

blunt brutal honesty - romo had a bad game and that hurt the most. but there are a lot of things we could have done and if we're really a "one trick pony" with romo, we need to fix that and get romo more help.

it's not any singular persons fault, sp. not jones, not romo, not garrett and certainly not jessica simpson. yet how many threads do we have blaming them anyway?

it's a team sport for a reason regardless of singular views around it.