No pass rush against the Giants?

TheSkaven

Last Man Standing
Reaction score
Barkley is a big home run hitter.

Our defense was elite last year, but we have lots of questions this year in the front line. I was speaking more in this context.

Do you really believe that? This defense is way better than it was last year. The front 7 is probably the best in the league. There is a lot of complaining here about the secondary, but Xavier Woods looks poised to have a Pro Bowl year and we are 5 deep at cornerback. This is going to be a suffocating defense, and it's going to be helped a lot by the fact that it won't have to be on the field as much since the offense will be improved.

erod

Reaction score
Do you really believe that? This defense is way better than it was last year. The front 7 is probably the best in the league. There is a lot of complaining here about the secondary, but Xavier Woods looks poised to have a Pro Bowl year and we are 5 deep at cornerback. This is going to be a suffocating defense, and it's going to be helped a lot by the fact that it won't have to be on the field as much since the offense will be improved.
This front seven has promise, but it it nowhere even close to being the best in the league. It's not even the best in the division. In fact, it might be 3rd in the NFC East. Have you seen Washington's defensive line?

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
This front seven has promise, but it it nowhere even close to being the best in the league. It's not even the best in the division. In fact, it might be 3rd in the NFC East. Have you seen Washington's defensive line?
I dont know how ppl sleep on the Commanders d line. They might be as good as the eagles d line

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope collins balls. I feel like if he can stay healthy he can do good things

I think the with Collins and Hill and Woods and Covington will be a lot better than many think. Add Crawford that does the dirty work to allow the DE's to do their jobs. That shores up the middle pretty well.

erod

Reaction score
I dont know how ppl sleep on the Commanders d line. They might be as good as the eagles d line

Makes me damn glad we have the offensive line we do. Can you imagine the cluster it would be against those lines if we didn't?

jazzcat22

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan

I think the Washington defense is underrated by many.
They were actually one of the better defenses stat wise last season until we played them. Then it seemed they tanked. It was also when Smith got hurt, they went down too.

Washington will be a much tougher 2 games than the Giants.
Eagles still have a very strong front 7, though our LB's are better than theirs.

gmoney112

Reaction score
Well, they may have a hard time completing passes with Coleman + Golden Tate out.

Probably evens out.

CATCH17

1st Round Pick
Reaction score
Lawrence will be ready and Crawford will be too.

Gregory and Quinn are the only real losses so far and they are both big losses but Taco and Dorance will get the job done.

Dorance Armstrong has a lot of hype right now and he was working his way up the depth chart anyways. He may be one of those guys we look back at 8 weeks from now and he will be viewed as a big surprise on the season.

Armstrong has real breakout potential.

Plus the kid from Miami has supposedly looked good as well so he could bring that extra depth.

I think early on this isn't an issue but if we don't get Quinn back and we start getting banged up then it will definitely be a long term problem. Week 1 we'll be fine.

THEHEREAFTER

Reaction score
So here we are. Again.

Demarcus Lawrence might not be ready for Week 1. Robert Quinn is suspended. Randy Gregory is in Siberia. Tyrone Crawford even has an incident hanging over his head.

So our edge rushers against the Giants could be Taco Charlton, Dorrance Armstrong, and Joe Jackson?

Plus, Zeke may be still holding out.

The entire game might be up to Dak against the Giants, except this won't be a meaningless Week 17 game.

That game is looking more losable by the second.

It's 8/9 and you're on edge about a potential loss to the giants? C'mon seriously. Take a deep breath. Take a walk. Meditate. You have ZERO control over this. It's entertainment.

kskboys

Reaction score
Well, the silver lining is the Giants OL was trash last year. Did the Giants improve their OL? Barkley is also probably licking his lips as well.
They did. Traded for Zeitler, but not much else that I can see.

xwalker

Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
So here we are. Again.

Demarcus Lawrence might not be ready for Week 1. Robert Quinn is suspended. Randy Gregory is in Siberia. Tyrone Crawford even has an incident hanging over his head.

So our edge rushers against the Giants could be Taco Charlton, Dorrance Armstrong, and Joe Jackson?

The entire game might be up to Dak against the Giants, except this won't be a meaningless Week 17 game.

DLaw says he'll be ready by game 1.

If not, the top 3 DEs are likely (Armstrong, Hyder & Crawford).

Crawford started 7 games at RDE in 2018 and 14 starts in 2017 at RDE.

They appear to be more focused on blitzing in training camp this year than in the past.
- I've seen many LB blitzes and many DBs blitzing off the corner.

PJTHEDOORS

Reaction score
So here we are. Again.

Dak has his OL, WRs, TE Jarwin, speed RBs Pollard/Weber (if needed). We will put up points. Dak will get alot of deep shots. Giants can't cover all our weapons.

TWOK11

Reaction score
Hopefully erod’s histrionic, emotionally labile persona doesn’t translate to his day to day activities in the real world, because if it does he must be unbearable to be around. Dude needs some Tampax, a stiff drink and a Xanax.

Stash

Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I hope collins balls. I feel like if he can stay healthy he can do good things

I agree. After his rookie year, I was making Warren Sapp comparisons. Collins, in fact had the better rookie year. But the foot issues have stood in the way of his development, but they look to be behind him at this point. From all reports, he's having an outstanding training camp.

Hennessy_King

Reaction score
I agree. After his rookie year, I was making Warren Sapp comparisons. Collins, in fact had the better rookie year. But the foot issues have stood in the way of his development, but they look to be behind him at this point. From all reports, he's having an outstanding training camp.
Remember our defensive lineman guru marinelli decided to move him from the 3T to 1T after his 5 sack rookie season. What a genius! /s