No Respect?

TheCount

Pixel Pusher
Reaction score
Is it just me, or has the media refused to place the Cowboys with the elite teams this season? After our first two wins, media people were making excuses, saying our first two opponents were a combined 0-4.

Well now we beat the bears, and it seems like the media is focusing on the Bears being bad, rather than the fact that we made them look bad. Seems like they want to focus on how bad Rex is, instead of how we shut down their running game and their passing game and put up 34 points on one of the leagues elite defenses.

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
TheCount;1666346 said:
Is it just me, or has the media refused to place the Cowboys with the elite teams this season? After our first two wins, media people were making excuses, saying our first two opponents were a combined 0-4.

Well now we beat the bears, and it seems like the media is focusing on the Bears being bad, rather than the fact that we made them look bad. Seems like they want to focus on how bad Rex is, instead of how we shut down their running game and their passing game.

That just goes to show that there is no such thing as a "statement game" or "measuring stick" game as far as the media and the Cowboys are concerned.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
TheCount;1666346 said:

Well now we beat the bears, and it seems like the media is focusing on the Bears being bad, rather than the fact that we made them look bad. Seems like they want to focus on how bad Rex is, instead of how we shut down their running game and their passing game and put up 34 points on one of the leagues elite defenses.

Must be you because everyone I was hearing was saying Dallas was the best team in the NFC and gave major props to Tony. I was even hearing comments about who is this new TO who looks and sounds like a team player and that was from ESPN

CF74

Vet Min Plus
Reaction score
That's because our media hates America, apple pie, and freedom;)

burmafrd

Reaction score
I love how the Boys haters are gritting their teeth as they say it. Music to my ears and food for the soul!

BEMYDADJERRY

Reaction score
WHO CARES.....IS RIGHT......

HOW BOUT THEM COWBOYS..............

now we have to start thinking about the rams now.....one week at a time.....

dmq

If I'm so pretty, why am I available?
Reaction score
It is only the morning after. We will be in the top 5 of most power polls. The class of the NFL is still the AFC.

lurkercowboy

Reaction score
So are we the "monsters of the midway" now? It seems like our nickname is up for grabs in every game these days so why can't we lay claim to some of these other team nicknames.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
lurkercowboy;1666460 said:
So are we the "monsters of the midway" now? It seems like our nickname is up for grabs in every game these days so why can't we lay claim to some of these other team nicknames.

Naw Chicago can have their name, I don't want to be like everyone else. :laugh2:

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
Doomsday101;1666393 said:
Must be you because everyone I was hearing was saying Dallas was the best team in the NFC and gave major props to Tony. I was even hearing comments about who is this new TO who looks and sounds like a team player and that was from ESPN

Same here. John Madden, Collinsworth, Len Pasquarelli, Peter King and Stinky.

sago1

Reaction score
And as our defense continues to improve and get healthy, the time will come when we will have to come up with a name for our defense. I want a new name, not a name (Doomsday) that goes back to previous Cowboy defenses in the 20th centurey.

Also don't forget one of the Bear defenders stated the Cowboys were the most physical team he's played. Just throwing that line in there as thoughts drift toward a "statement" defensive handle.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
sago1;1666501 said:
And as our defense continues to improve and get healthy, the time will come when we will have to come up with a name for our defense. I want a new name, not a name (Doomsday) that goes back to previous Cowboy defenses in the 20th centurey.

Also don't forget one of the Bear defenders stated the Cowboys were the most physical team he's played. Just throwing that line in there as thoughts drift toward a "statement" defensive handle.

I don't care about the nickname just call them good and hopefully great before the season is done.

Daudr

Reaction score
One thing is for certain - we better fix the penalty problems or we will never beat the elite teams like the Patriots.