No Romo Critics today?

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Romo has a bad outing last week and Romo critics come out of the wood work in full force, today nothing. I guess when you hit 75.9 percent of your passes for 2 TD's and 113.9 QB rating on the game there is not much that can be said. :lmao2:

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
Yep, and if we lose next week, all of a sudden dallas is not gonna do anything in the playoffs, BP's has to go along with JJ. and T.O was a waste of money.

:lmao2:

Doomsday101

Reaction score
kØwbØy;1244103 said:
Yep, and if we lose next week, all of a sudden dallas is not gonna do anything in the playoffs, BP's has to go along with JJ. and T.O was a waste of money.

Ah you got the script as well. :lmao2: Now from the top: We win and we are SB bound and when we lose: abandon ship the season is over and we suck and need to fire everyone. :lmao:

TRUTH87

Cowboy for Life
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1244120 said:
Ah you got the script as well. :lmao2: Now from the top: We win and we are SB bound and when we lose: abandon ship the season is over and we suck and need to fire everyone. :lmao:

sago1

Reaction score
Sometimes the way we lose is as important as the way we win. When you lose because your defense played poorly and it's happening rather frequently lately, fans get upset and cannot understand why some players keep getting open on us. When the offense doesn't play well, it's usually the fault of the OL if they did not give the QB time. Keep in mind that we Cowboy fans have seen both scenarios and therefore more sensitive whenever it happens.

I'm worried about the upcoming game against the Eagles. Garcia is exactly the kind of QB who can hurt us really bad. He'll nickle and dime us to death and he'll move around a lot so what little QB pressure we can bring will not be as effective as it should be. Don't know what changes Parcells can make unless he's seriously thinking about playing a combo of Hatcher in place of Spears with Kenyon Coleman also coming in. Also maybe a lot more Ratliff . Be interesting to see if we get a lot more of Carpenter who seemingly coming on; same goes for Watkins. What we Cowboy fans don't know cause we rarely get chance to see the game film like Parcells who will know exactly who messed up (probably already does) covering the FBs, etc.

zeromaster

Reaction score
Just a bit more loft on the passes when throwing over the DL, and there'll be not much left to worry about.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
sago1;1244172 said:
Sometimes the way we lose is as important as the way we win. When you lose because your defense played poorly and it's happening rather frequently lately, fans get upset and cannot understand why some players keep getting open on us. When the offense doesn't play well, it's usually the fault of the OL if they did not give the QB time. Keep in mind that we Cowboy fans have seen both scenarios and therefore more sensitive whenever it happens.

I'm worried about the upcoming game against the Eagles. Garcia is exactly the kind of QB who can hurt us really bad. He'll nickle and dime us to death and he'll move around a lot so what little QB pressure we can bring will not be as effective as it should be. Don't know what changes Parcells can make unless he's seriously thinking about playing a combo of Hatcher in place of Spears with Kenyon Coleman also coming in. Also maybe a lot more Ratliff . Be interesting to see if we get a lot more of Carpenter who seemingly coming on; same goes for Watkins. What we Cowboy fans don't know cause we rarely get chance to see the game film like Parcells who will know exactly who messed up (probably already does) covering the FBs, etc.

I think Garcia is the type of QB Dallas will do well against because he is not going to put a lot of pressure on the safeties with his arm and the CB can look to jump the shorter routs again because of his arm strength. No doubt Garcia will hit a lot of passes but not for many yards. I think the key will be not allowing Philly to run the ball as they did aginst the Giants yesterday, if we can stop that then I think Garcia plays right into the defenses hands.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1244099 said:
Romo has a bad outing last week and Romo critics come out of the wood work in full force, today nothing. I guess when you hit 75.9 percent of your passes for 2 TD's and 113.9 QB rating on the game there is not much that can be said. :lmao2:
I'm the number 1 Romo supporter but it's okay to criticize someone when don't do well. I hype players when they kick butt, and criticize them when they turn around and suck. That's fair IMO.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Another moronic, baseless thread. When you do well, you get praised. When you don't, you justifiably get criticized. UNDERSTAND? Actually, you probably don't. Romo isn't a ten-year vet with a resevoir of good will built up, and nobody called him a fraud after last week's debacle. He played poorly and 99% of us recognized that fact and pointed it out. So what? Nobody "gave up" on him or demanded that we draft a QB next April. If anything, the real problem is overadulation, not criticism. Wake up.

bbgun

Benched
Reaction score
Clove;1244204 said:
I'm the number 1 Romo supporter but it's okay to criticize someone when don't do well. I hype players when they kick butt, and criticize them when they turn around and suck. That's fair IMO.

Stop it. You're making too much sense.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Clove;1244204 said:

No doubt about it, the differance is many of the critcs we are talking about will come out and say Romo is nothing but a backup QB and can't throw on the run or is not athletic. I'm sure I missed a couple of knocks on him. Guys putting up the numbers that Romo is doing is not done with smoke and mirrors the guy is hitting passes with great accuracy and in clutch situation he is making the big plays that change games. I agree it is fair when a player has a bad game to state things he may have done wrong but Romo critics have went well beyond that.

Aikbach

Reaction score
kØwbØy;1244103 said:

Actually if Dallas does lose 6 games this season that would be extraordinarily disappointing and you could question the worth of the coach and high priced free agents.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
bbgun;1244211 said:
Another moronic, baseless thread. When you do well, you get praised. When you don't, you justifiably get criticized. UNDERSTAND? Actually, you probably don't. Romo isn't a ten-year vet with a resevoir of good will built up, and nobody called him a fraud after last week's debacle. He played poorly and 99% of us recognized that fact and pointed it out. So what? Nobody "gave up" on him or demanded that we draft a QB next April. If anything, the real problem is overadulation, not criticism. Wake up.

Criticism is one thing but some of the comments on Romo have gone well beyond that. Yes you play bad nothing wrong at all about commenting on the reasons but to knock him as nothing more than a backup after 1 bad game and claim he needs to be replaced by some #1 draft choice? Give me a break. That is just stupid by some who are more concerned about being right or that their guy did not make it while Romo has.

Clove

Shrinkage
Reaction score
Doomsday101;1244221 said:
No doubt about it, the differance is many of the critcs we are talking about will come out and say Romo is nothing but a backup QB and can't throw on the run or is not athletic. I'm sure I missed a couple of knocks on him. Guys putting up the numbers that Romo is doing is not done with smoke and mirrors the guy is hitting passes with great accuracy and in clutch situation he is making the big plays that change games. I agree it is fair when a player has a bad game to state things he may have done wrong but Romo critics have went well beyond that.
I agree with this. If the guy has a couple of sub-par games, no one should then come out of hiding to say, "I told you he was a bust, let's draft a QB". Now That's rediculous.

Doomsday101

Reaction score
Clove;1244241 said:
I agree with this. If the guy has a couple of sub-par games, no one should then come out of hiding to say, "I told you he was a bust, let's draft a QB". Now That's rediculous.

Thing is that is how certain member of this board have been. They make no comments on Romo at all while he is playing very good ball, then he has a bad outing against the saints and rip into him. Being a critic is one thing but the one-sidedness that some have shown reeks

JD_KaPow

jimnabby
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
bbgun;1244211 said:
Another moronic, baseless thread.... Nobody "gave up" on him or demanded that we draft a QB next April. If anything, the real problem is overadulation, not criticism. Wake up.

CowboyBlog:
You can cuss at me all you want, but the stats dont lie. We better be looking to draft a QB or bring in a highly paid FA. He just doesn't throw the ball well down the field. Without recievers making plays, the dinks and dumps against last place teams just make stats rise and innocent fans happy, but good teams will beat you in the playoffs, or playoff type games. (tonight)

kartr (yeah, yeah, i know):
You're exactly right. I don't understand how everybody doesn't understand this. Even Parcells said that 'Romo can drive a cadillac, but he can't drive a Ford'. Let's get us a qb who can drive either one. Romo is a nice kid, but he is a 'limited athlete', that why he was undrafted, and for good reason.

itoldyouSOE:
However, Romo, on average, plays against the 20th ranked defense in the league. He lights it up against the inferior, and is terrible against good teams.

Cowboy4ever

Reaction score
The only knock I have on Romo is he needs to do a better job of finding the passing lane. The last couple of weeks, he has had some tipped balls,, the defense from here on out will try and take advantage of that. I think Romo is doing great and better than I thought he would. I def don't see a need to draft a QB next year.