No to Kaepernick in Dallas

Status
Not open for further replies.

FuzzyLumpkins

The Boognish
Reaction score
This thread is interesting in its willful refusal to examine what he was talking about and to instead attack the messenger.

Castille was killed without good reason for having a legal firearm he told the cop about. Kaepernick is 100% correct that cops in far too many jurisdictions get away with murder and are able to act violently with impunity. LEOBOR laws and the "I was scared" standard need to be changed.

I mean lets not forget about the LA corruption scandal around the turn of the century. The series of East coast police corruption scandals of the 70s and 80s. The behavior of the majority of police in the south from 1861 through the Civil Rights movement. What is being complained about now is not exactly a novel idea.

And I have no idea why police unions get a pass.

Sarge

Red, White and Brew...
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
This thread is interesting in its willful refusal to examine what he was talking about and to instead attack the messenger.

Castille was killed without good reason for having a legal firearm he told the cop about. Kaepernick is 100% correct that cops in far too many jurisdictions get away with murder and are able to act violently with impunity. LEOBOR laws and the "I was scared" standard need to be changed.

I mean lets not forget about the LA corruption scandal around the turn of the century. The series of East coast police corruption scandals of the 70s and 80s. The behavior of the majority of police in the south from 1861 through the Civil Rights movement. What is being complained about now is not exactly a novel idea.

And I have no idea why police unions get a pass.
Kaepernick had every right to do what he did and to a large degree he was successful in getting his point acrossed. Were there better ways to do it? That's the question. A lot of people, coaches and players don't like what he did despite having every right to do it. Just like he had a right to do it, others have the right not to like or appreciate what he did.

Status
Not open for further replies.