Noah Brown: 7 catches for 172 yards

CalPolyTechnique

Reaction score
A lot of praise going around about the historic three game run CeeDee has been on and rightfully so. But I was shocked to find out former Cowboys 7th rounder Noah Brown has been putting up some lofty numbers himself recently.

Peep Brown’s last two games:
7 rec, 172 yards
6 rec, 153 yards, 1 TD

stinkface

Reaction score
Shades of Jimmy Smith perhaps. Started with us, goes to Jacksonville and ends his career with over 12000 yards receiving.

DallasDW00ds0n

Reaction score
He’s been breaking tackles in YAC too. They got something good going on over there

Jipper

Reaction score
I always liked him, but we are pretty stacked at wr now

JW82

JJ21
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
Wow. Good for him. Never saw that much potential in him. He's putting in the work to get to the next level.

plymkr

Reaction score
A lot of praise going around about the historic three game run CeeDee has been on and rightfully so. But I was shocked to find out former Cowboys 7th rounder Noah Brown has been putting up some lofty numbers himself recently.

Peep Brown’s last two games:
7 rec, 172 yards
6 rec, 153 yards, 1 TD
Good for him. He’s balling out. I hope he gets paid. I’m just glad he’s balling for a team we don’t play much.

nate dizzle

Reaction score
CowboysZone DIEHARD Fan
Sad we couldn't figure out how to get him the ball. Big, physical receiver. Very similar to Dez. Stroud is looking like the real deal too, they have a good connection.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
For years, always kept a spot on the roster for him, yet he would constantly struggle as a receiver. He was a good blocker, but that was about it. It took for Noah Brown to get cut for reality to hit him square in the face and make him realize it was either start performing as a receiver or get cut by your 2nd team and likely spend the rest of your life selling cars.

lkelly

Reaction score
Shades of Jimmy Smith perhaps. Started with us, goes to Jacksonville and ends his career with over 12000 yards receiving.
I think it’s probably more likely that Brown has 1200 yards in his post-Cowboys career than 12,000. Houston played their last game without Nico Collins and they were also in a back and forth matchup with the Bengals. The previous game was a big shootout with Tampa. Both nice games but I would expect that Houston will be looking to bring in a top WR to pair with Stroud, pushing Brown down to WR4 next season. Maybe Metchie develops as well. Right now he has about half the targets that Dell and Collins have.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
Pretty sure the Cowboys always saw his talent and potential but no team can make everyone they value fit in the 53.

Jarv

Loud pipes saves lives.
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I wanted Noah to add a few more lbs and strength and become hybrid TE/Hback.

Good blocker and would have good speed for the hybrid position.

darthseinfeld

Groupthink Guru
Reaction score
CowboysZone LOYAL Fan
I think it’s probably more likely that Brown has 1200 yards in his post-Cowboys career than 12,000. Houston played their last game without Nico Collins and they were also in a back and forth matchup with the Bengals. The previous game was a big shootout with Tampa. Both nice games but I would expect that Houston will be looking to bring in a top WR to pair with Stroud, pushing Brown down to WR4 next season. Maybe Metchie develops as well. Right now he has about half the targets that Dell and Collins have.
Forgot about Metchie. Hope all is well with him. I know he sat last year out with Leukemia

Hawkeye0202

Reaction score
We interred him as a Special Teams player and never truly appreciated his talent as a wide receiver. Do you honestly believe that his talent suddenly appeared? He just needed targets and patience........IMO

Hadenough

Reaction score
For years, always kept a spot on the roster for him, yet he would constantly struggle as a receiver. He was a good blocker, but that was about it. It took for Noah Brown to get cut for reality to hit him square in the face and make him realize it was either start performing as a receiver or get cut by your 2nd team and likely spend the rest of your life selling cars.
Actually its CJ Stroud! The dude is a top tier player with the ability to read defenses and use multiple WRs. He is making Brown a better player. Also see what Schultz is doing.

Pompey-Cowboy

Reaction score
Actually its CJ Stroud! The dude is a top tier player with the ability to read defenses and use multiple WRs. He is making Brown a better player. Also see what Schultz is doing.
Partly agree, Schultz is just doing what he has always done.

America's Cowboy

Reaction score
Wrong. Look at their tapes. Noah Brown is getting open and playing very aggressive after his yards after the catch. That's got nothing to do with whoever is throwing him the football. I know you badly want it to be because a "better" QB is throwing to him, but video tapes say differently. It's simply Noah Brown playing much better and much more aggressive.

As for Dalton Schultz, he's only continuing what he already was doing here under Dak.