Nolan Robinson

Acceptablename

Reaction score
I know the sentiment of first round RB but Bijan could cover our backs if we let Zeke walk

Hardline

Reaction score
I know the sentiment of first round RB but Bijan could cover our backs if we let Zeke walk
I would take Bijan Robinson in a heartbeat if he was on the board. He is elite. He would be the best RB in the league the second he's drafted.
He is a very dangerous passing option threat out of the backfield for all you "it's a passing league" idiots
He has power and speed.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Have we not learned our lesson from drafting a RB early in the 1st? It’s one of the worst things you can do in the draft.

RB success obviously has to do with talent but is heavily dependent on OL play and scheme.

And I absolutely love Bijan Robinson…not a knock on him at all.

RS12

Reaction score
No. Maybe if they were a player or two away. You may not have noticed but they aren't.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
Of course I was ready for this response and I guess no I havent learned a thing. What made the Zeke deal ugly was the second contact. With the second rd I take Vorhees for LG
Signed Jerry Jones

cnuball21

Reaction score
Of course I was ready for this response and I guess no I havent learned a thing. What made the Zeke deal ugly was the second contact. With the second rd I take Vorhees for LG
Signed Jerry Jones

No team in recent memory has won a super bowl with a high 1st round RB or one with an inflated contract.

Awful, awful roster management. RBs are a dime a dozen and you can get good ones cheap or later on the draft as long as your OL is good:

Hardline

Reaction score
All RBs are a dime a dozen fly out the window with Bijan Robinson.
He is another elite superstar RB .
The Cowboys have never won a Super Bowl without a great RB and won't with Dak as QB.

It's probably a moot point because he is going to be drafted no later than 15.
I would also use a second round pick on the RB from UCLA.

Acceptablename

Reaction score
The Cowboys have never won a Super Bowl without a great RB and won't with Dak as QB.

We very well could be picking before 15. The board would go crazy

John813

Reaction score
I'll take Gibbs out of Bama.

Watched him at GT. He may not be elite but he's a good dual threat RB.

That being said, I love Robinson but I don't think we would go that high for a RB again.

cnuball21

Reaction score

So was Zeke, Saquon, Gurley, Fournette etc...all were elite college RBs that got drafted high and shouldn't have. How many of them elevated their teams to a Super Bowl win?

With a good OL, it's the easiest position to replace on the field. 2nd round at earliest for RBs.

Hardline

Reaction score
So was Zeke, Saquon, Gurley, Fournette etc...all were elite college RBs that got drafted high and shouldn't have. How many of them elevated their teams to a Super Bowl win?

With a good OL, it's the easiest position to replace on the field. 2nd round at earliest for RBs.
That doesn’t apply to this team. The Cowboys don't win without elite RBs . If you can get an elite one you do it. All you are doing is repeating what you've heard others say. You can get quality OL in the second round. That being said I would gladly take a top RB that falls to the second round. Especially the dude from UCLA.

cnuball21

Reaction score
That doesn’t apply to this team. The Cowboys don't win without elite RBs . If you can get an elite one you do it. All you are doing is repeating what you've heard others say. You can get quality OL in the second round. That being said I would gladly take a top RB that falls to the second round. Especially the dude from UCLA.

It applies to every team. It’s common logic…you draft premium positions in the 1st round so you can have them cheap for 5 years.

Hardline

Reaction score
It applies to every team. It’s common logic…you draft premium positions in the 1st round so you can have them cheap for 5 years.
Elite RBs are a premium position. Name a Super Bowl the Cowboys won without an elite RB.
Duane Thomas put up elite numbers the year they beat Miami in Super Bowl 6 in case you was planning on mentioning that.
Face the facts.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Elite RBs are a premium position. Name a Super Bowl the Cowboys won without an elite RB.
Duane Thomas put up elite numbers the year they beat Miami in Super Bowl 6 in case you was planning on mentioning that.
Face the facts.

You’re talking about the 90s…that was almost 30 years ago.

Do you not think the game has evolved since then and we need to be thinking differently?

Hardline

Reaction score
You’re talking about the 90s…that was almost 30 years ago.

Do you not think the game has evolved since then and we need to be thinking differently?
Football is about the basic fundamentals no matter how much it evolves.
The Cowboys could dominate the league today with the same offensive system they ran in the 90s if they had the personnel to run it.

cnuball21

Reaction score
Football is about the basic fundamentals no matter how much it evolves.
The Cowboys could dominate the league today with the same offensive system they ran in the 90s if they had the personnel to run it.

Zeke was elite early…he got 2 rushing titles and it got us nothing.

Times have changed.

Landryhat73

Reaction score
I would take Bijan Robinson in a heartbeat if he was on the board. He is elite. He would be the best RB in the league the second he's drafted.
He is a very dangerous passing option threat out of the backfield for all you "it's a passing league" idiots
He has power and speed.
Would love this pick - but instead of a massive extension like Zeke let him play out the 5 year contract.