Norm on: Terrell Owens

VACowboy

Reaction score
He says the players' union warned Owens not to sign his current contract before he did so.

He also promised Andy Reid there'd be no problem in the second year because Reid was concerned about the contract.

CaptainAmerica

Reaction score
That's what you call "buyer's remorse".

Also, I think there is something deeper here. If you heard Terrell last night, it's obvious he despises McNabb. Terrell hates the fact that QBs get the glory and the big, big, big $$ and he is jealous of the popularity and respect given to McNabb in the Eagles organization and the Philly community. JMO.

TheHustler

Reaction score
TO said something like "I don't need to talk to McNabb" or something along those lines during an interview.

Fantastic.

Thick 'N Hearty

Reaction score
Send TO back to San Fran now and let him learn how valuable a QB is who can actually get him the ball. There is a reason why QBs get the big jack. TO can certainly influence a game, but rarely do WRs takeover games and win them. It begins and ends with the QB.

tyke1doe

Reaction score
I think TO is way out on this one. But I think he realizes that Donovan "Dry Heave" McNabb isn't a quarterback a team can rely on to win the big game. Exciting QB who just doesn't have that "something" to get a team a Super Bowl trophy, ala, Randall Cunningham. I think his disrespect for McNabb stems from that perception. I can't explain it any other way.

Sasquatch

Lost in the Woods
Reaction score
What a jackass. That's really the heart of the matter. Makes you really appreciate the Greg Ellises, and I dare say the Ekubans, of the world.

PaEagleHater

Reaction score
Three words, I LOVE IT. They should of never had him in the first place, looks like both sides got what they deserved. OK as much as I hate the Eagles I wouldn't wish TO on anybody. Nothin but problems in Philly.

chicago JK

Reaction score
lurkercowboy said:
The players union advised against signing a 49 million dollar contract?

Well it really wasn't a 49 million dollar contract. After the first two or three years the rest of the contract is play money. TO was well aware of this when he signed his contract, so I feel no pity for him.

Although keep on crying TO, I am enjoying the view.

Fletch

To The Moon
Reaction score
Hillarious! T.O. hated Jeff Garcia, and now seems to dislike or is disgruntled with McNabb.

:lmao:

LaTunaNostra

He Made the Difference
Reaction score
tyke1doe said:
I think TO is way out on this one. But I think he realizes that Donovan "Dry Heave" McNabb isn't a quarterback a team can rely on to win the big game. Exciting QB who just doesn't have that "something" to get a team a Super Bowl trophy, ala, Randall Cunningham. I think his disrespect for McNabb stems from that perception. I can't explain it any other way.
I think his disrespect stems not from any qualities of Donovan, but from his own lack of character.

In fact, who DOES he respect?

This is one big area, among many, where he differs from Key.

Key respects Parcells and respected Dungy, but not Gruden or, of course, Kotite. It's all about how he perceives the coach as man and a leader.

But TO..who exactly did he ever appear to look up to, or even hold in high regard?

Just one person I'm aware of.

Himself. :rolleyes: