Nors 3-4 Train

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Funny how I was one of the few 3-4 advocates here 2 years ago and a year ago. I took all the heat by the 4-3 good ol boys.

Now as we go 3-4 for real - watch all minority opinions jump on my train!

Welcome aboard - its real clear who was on this train in the past and who's "now jumping aboard today"

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
proud member of this train since i heard about it . . .

but you gotta give the guys who are switching some sympathy because a lot more info was released after the switch so they found out more about and why we made the switch. but yes any1 jumping on now is just on YOUR 3-4 bandwagon.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
This is dumb.... thats like saying in 2000 a Democrat will be in the white house and 8-12 years down the road when one is back in there saying I told you so. Here I predict Dallas will use the shotgun again...It may not be this year but we will again someday.

You know as long as we win I don't care if we line up in the goal line defense every down as long as we win doing it....How that?

bobbie brewskie

Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
This is dumb.... thats like saying in 2000 a Democrat will be in the white house and 8-12 years down the road when one is back in there saying I told you so. Here I predict Dallas will use the shotgun again...It may not be this year but we will again someday.

You know as long as we win I don't care if we line up in the goal line defense every down as long as we win doing it....How that?

yea you just won . . .

VirusX

Reaction score
I've been a fan of dallas going 3-4 as long as I can remember. I like the 3-4 and the defenses who use it. When you have the right pieces it is hard to beat. Hell looks at NE against the Colt powerhouse offense.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
VirusX said:
I've been a fan of dallas going 3-4 as long as I can remember. I like the 3-4 and the defenses who use it. When you have the right pieces it is hard to beat. Hell looks at NE against the Colt powerhouse offense.

You are in first class on the 3-4 Train - cheers!

Pokes28

Reaction score
I'm still a fan of the 4-3. The 3-4 gives a lot of options and can be run very well. I just like the classic 4-3.

Truly the thing that matters most isn't the lineup, it is the attitude. I'd rather our guys play all out aggressive D instead of reactionary D. The 3-4 tends to be a bit more aggressive as losing a big body makes them have to run a few more risks.

I just wonder how many people will fall off the wagon when/if the team loses by being outsized up the middle.

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
And for two years counting you can't seem to understand that everyone was saying we didn't have the players to run 3-4 fulltime. Now that we do it's a different ball game. It's like wanting to run QB draw with Vinny Testeverde when everyone knows he can't and then if we were to bring in someone like McNabb shouting at the top of your lungs that you were right. :rolleyes:

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
Pokes28 said:
I'm still a fan of the 4-3. The 3-4 gives a lot of options and can be run very well. I just like the classic 4-3.

Truly the thing that matters most isn't the lineup, it is the attitude. I'd rather our guys play all out aggressive D instead of reactionary D. The 3-4 tends to be a bit more aggressive as losing a big body makes them have to run a few more risks.

I just wonder how many people will fall off the wagon when/if the team loses by being outsized up the middle.

David Harrell - Pokes
dwh

You do realize that Zimmy's passive 4-3 was a vastly undersized unit that relied on speed? We are a vastly bigger team this year. Bring the running game!

blindzebra

Reaction score
dallasfaniac said:
And for two years counting you can't seem to understand that everyone was saying we didn't have the players to run 3-4 fulltime. Now that we do it's a different ball game. It's like wanting to run QB draw with Vinny Testeverde when everyone knows he can't and then if we were to bring in someone like McNabb shouting at the top of your lungs that you were right. :rolleyes:

Great post.
:bravo:

jksmith269

Reaction score
dallasfaniac said:

:hammer:

Thats what I was trying to say you just said it much better...

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
dallasfaniac said:
thats fair and an after the fact swinger....

Most had us staying 4-3 because no way we could go 3-4 with Glover, Elliss and small LB's. Thats very fair. They were just wrong. We went 3-4 against their predictions.

Love the after the facts its 3-4 OBVIOUSLY fans, Trust me - there were few to none with me on this. Funny - go to SD thread - I could goad them into "still" believing" we are 4-3!

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
:hammer:

Thats what I was trying to say you just said it much better...
thats BS

Where were all the 3-4 predictions? Where was Hos, Mikey, BZ, etc etc calling for this 3-4? I was on that limb and took the heat. They were not there....

Fact is they fought and argued against it all along.

Now that they are dead *** wrong - its spin controll!

blindzebra

Reaction score
Nors said:
You do realize that Zimmy's passive 4-3 was a vastly undersized unit that relied on speed? We are a vastly bigger team this year. Bring the running game!

Last years front 7 weighed a combined 1,828 pounds.

This year it weighs 1,851 and if we stay 4-3 it becomes 1,893.

Time to look up vastly in the dictionary

blindzebra

Reaction score
Nors said:
thats BS

Where were all the 3-4 predictions? Where was Hos, Mikey, BZ, etc etc calling for this 3-4? I was on that limb and took the heat. They were not there....

Fact is they fought and argued against it all along.

Now that they are dead *** wrong - its spin controll!

It took two years and the addition of EIGHT players.

We said you can't go with a 3-4 with the players we had WE WERE RIGHT.

jksmith269

Reaction score
Nors said:
Sweep it under the carpet....MAYBE FACTS GO AWAY!

LOL

You can't say I did or didn't one way or the other last year or two years ago I've only been here since March so don't persume to think I'm sweeping anything under the carpet.

I think its sad you need to Toot you own horn though maybe if you were right more often you wouldn't have to.

blindzebra

Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
You can't say I did or didn't one way or the other last year or two years ago I've only been here since March so don't persume to think I'm sweeping anything under the carpet.

I think its sad you need to Toot you own horn though maybe if you were right more often you wouldn't have to.

You did not kiss his ***, therefore you are part of the hate patrol.