Nors 3-4 Train

blindzebra

Reaction score
Here is an idea, let's take a poll.

Who was in favor of playing the 3-4 with a DL of Ellis, Carson, and Glover with LBs Thornton, Shanle, James and Nguyen?

Who is in favor of it after adding Ferguson, Ware, Spears, Burnett, Canty, Ratliff, Goolsby, and Cooper?

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
You did not kiss his ***, therefore you are part of the hate patrol.

I get what your saying but I don't hate the 34. I love the players we've aquired and hope we have the number 1 D but like I said I don't care what D we use as long as we win. That should be the bottom line wins and loses not what scheme you use to do it.

mperfection

Reaction score
Nors said:
You do realize that Zimmy's passive 4-3 was a vastly undersized unit that relied on speed? We are a vastly bigger team this year. Bring the running game!
Agreed.

blindzebra

Reaction score
jksmith269 said:
I get what your saying but I don't hate the 34. I love the players we've aquired and hope we have the number 1 D but like I said I don't care what D we use as long as we win. That should be the bottom line wins and loses not what scheme you use to do it.

He'd rather be right, it's what he lives for.

For over a year he's been screaming scheme, we've been screaming personnel back.

We add the personnel to play the scheme, but those of us saying it are dead *** wrong.

dallasfaniac

Reaction score
Nors said:
thats BS

Where were all the 3-4 predictions? Where was Hos, Mikey, BZ, etc etc calling for this 3-4? I was on that limb and took the heat. They were not there....

Fact is they fought and argued against it all along.

Now that they are dead *** wrong - its spin controll!

I can't speak to the others but as far as Hos goes, he had this to say long before the 3-4 arguments took place.

Hos said:
Eventually we may get there, especially if Ek continues to do what he does. By the way, what is it he does? However, our personnel up front are a little small to be pulling this off. IN a 3-4 your DEs need to be 300 pounds or so. Your NT needs to be a mammoth as well. Maybe Blade as NT with Glover at RDE could do some good, but Glover really isn't a DE. Ellis is simply too small at this point.

Judging by those comments, it appears he is saying that we can't run the 3-4 with the current players. I would dare to bet that had the roster included Ferguson, Ware, Canty, Spears, Burnett, Henry his comments would have been slightly different.

jksmith269

Proud Navy Veteran 1990-1995
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
He'd rather be right, it's what he lives for.

For over a year he's been screaming scheme, we've been screaming personnel back.

We add the personnel to play the scheme, but those of us saying it are dead *** wrong.
I bet if he were paying for this overhaul he would have tried to make what he had work as well. were talking 30mil in SB's on D alone this offseason thats 21 for Henry, Fergie, and Glenn the other 9 I figure for the rookies and if we add a FS it'll be even more.

silverbear

Semi-Official Loose Cannon
Reaction score
Nors said:
Funny how I was one of the few 3-4 advocates here 2 years ago and a year ago. I took all the heat by the 4-3 good ol boys.

Now as we go 3-4 for real - watch all minority opinions jump on my train!

Welcome aboard - its real clear who was on this train in the past and who's "now jumping aboard today"

Would you like a medal, or a chest to pin it on??

Woofing about how you're right conveys an impression that such things don't happen very often for you...

Crown Royal

Insulin Beware
Reaction score
blindzebra said:
Here is an idea, let's take a poll.

Who was in favor of playing the 3-4 with a DL of Ellis, Carson, and Glover with LBs Thornton, Shanle, James and Nguyen?

Who is in favor of it after adding Ferguson, Ware, Spears, Burnett, Canty, Ratliff, Goolsby, and Cooper?

I didn't.

Tio

Armchair QB
Reaction score
You know what, we are a better 4-3 defense than 3-4. Unless you guys really want to replace glover with shanle or James, this move is a mistake.

adbutcher

K9NME
Reaction score
bobbie brewskie said:
can we lock this thread?
Why? Nors is entitled to his opinion like you are.

On topic, I ride no one’s train. To me it is not a pssing contest, I want the boyz to succeed and whether it is a 4-3 or a 3-4 it takes good players to make both of them work. There isn't a magical elixir or scheme. It is and it always has been that good players make a coach a good coach.

BrAinPaiNt

Mike Smith aka Backwoods Sexy
Staff member
Reaction score
CowboysZone ULTIMATE Fan
I will jump on the "our defense needs to get the job done on the field" bandwagon.

However I am not sure I want to be on the "look at me wave my arms up and down over and over and over and over" bandwagon.

Nors

Benched
Reaction score
ChoooChoooo

The train is leaving soon! Jump on board the 3-4 train!